SLOW MECHANICS

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SLOW MECHANICS

Post by shenron276 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:10 pm

SLOW MECHANICS by shenron276

TYPES OF SLOW:

1.) SLOWS TARGET
Slows ANY enemy YOU HIT and ANY enemy slowed through WDM skills (WDM - explained later in FAQ).

2.) SLOWS MELEE TARGET

Slows enemies that YOU HIT with MELEE weapon only (in this case, WDM skills don't carry slow effect on other enemies).

3.) SLOWS ATTACKER
Slows any MELEE enemy that HITS YOU (ranged enemies are not slowed).

4.) SLOWS RANGED ATTACKER
Slows an enemy that HITS YOU with MISSILE ATTACKS (THROWS) or simply said: ANY enemy that hits you by NOT swinging a MELEE weapon at you.

5.) Cold Slow (Chill)
Chill is 20% slow, as long as the effect lasts.

6.) Skill based Slow
Skills (either oSkills or skills in character's skill tree) that in some way effects the attack speed of enemies, a.k.a, slows them down: Chronofield, Miasma, Shower of Rocks, Snake Stance, Spellbind, Talon's Hold...

7.) Summoned minion Slow

Lamia's "Slows Target" ability that slows enemies on striking (by percentage).
Void Archon's Warp Field aura that "reduces enemy attack speed".

==============================================================================================================
SLOW CAP:    

1.) VS. Enemies

==> 90% (for ONE source of slow)      ==> Example: 90% slow from items
==> 95% (for MORE sources of slow)   ==> Example: 35% slow from items + 60% slow from Chronofield

2.) VS. Bosses/Players

==> 50%

==============================================================================================================
SLOW OVERRIDING:    

1.) "Slows (Melee) Target" and "Slows (Ranged) Attacker" overrides each other !!!

Example 1:
If you have 50% "Slows Target" and 25% "Slows Attacker", they don't add up (stack). What happens is: when you attack an enemy you slow him down by 50%, but when enemy hits you, he actually speeds himself up (at the moment of attack, enemy is slowed only by 25%, because he counts as attacker, not a target ==> a.k.a, enemy SPEEDS HIMSELF UP by 25% when hitting you).

Example 2: If you have 25% "Slows Target" and 50% "Slows Attacker", they don't add up (stack). What happens is: when you attack an enemy you slow him down by 25%, but when enemy hits you, he actually slows himself down (at the moment of attack, enemy is slowed by 50%, because he counts as attacker, not a target ==> a.k.a, enemy SLOWS HIMSELF DOWN by 25% when hitting you).

GOOD SOLUTION: Stack up just one type of slow, either "Slows (Melee) Target" or "Slows (Ranged) Attacker" (depending on your play style), to prevent modifiers of overriding. The best option is to have only "Slows Target", because it's the easiest way to spread slow effect on other enemies (through WDM skills).

LOUSY SOLUTION:
Achieve equal amount of both modifiers (in that case, neither will you speed up the enemies by attacking them, nor will the enemies speed themselves up by attacking you). But, as said, it's not a billion dollar solution. Nope 

2.) "Slows Target" overrides "Slows Melee Target" !!!

Example: If you have 30% "Slows Target" and 60% "Slows Melee Target", at the moment of attack, an enemy WON'T be slowed by 90% (because these modifiers DON'T STACK), but only 30%, a.k.a, "Slows Target" will ALWAYS override "Slows Melee Target".

OTHER FACTS:    

1.) Different sources of slow means slow applied via different "states". What's a state? It doesn't necessarily have to be visible, but in most cases it is. For example: every morph in the game is a different state, every curse that looks differently is a different state, every buff/debuff are a state. Some of those states stack (like buffs) and some don't (like curses/morphs). So, what are other "slow sources"? Basically anything that will slow an enemy (for example: Chronofield, Spellbind, etc.), but doesn't use the same state/animation as the slow we get from items.
CONCLUSION: Slow is capped at 90% for ONE source (example: slow from items), but 95% for MORE sources (example: slow from items + slow from some skill).

2.) Duration of slow effect from items is 30 seconds.

3.)
ONLY WDM skills (Weapon Damage Modifier) carry slow to other enemies !!! WDM skills are easily recognized by their description.
Example: "1/2 Weapon damage" ; "3/4 Weapon Damage" ; "3/2 Weapon Damage"

4.) Slow from items ADD UP (STACK) with any skill based slow.
Example: 30% slow target (from items) + 50% slow from Chronofield (skill) = 80% slow in total.

5.) Slow from items ("Slows Target", "Slows Melee Target", "Slows Attacker", "Slows Ranged Attacker") trigger "On Striking".

CREDITS:

The "Goodfellas" that, directly or indirectly, helped me to make this FAQ (in alphabetical order):
cowking, grimjerk, MarcoNecroX, pa5call, Quirinus, RollsRoyce, stoya, vadust, Wotan

Thanks a lot guys, for all the info you provided. Clap Clap 
Special thanks to MarcoNecroX for providing the detailed explanation about "slow source" and "states"... ALL HAIL TO MarcoNecroX  Faraon

If you find any mistakes or if I forgot to add some important info about slow mechanics to this FAQ (no matter how trivial), then please share your information, comment or contact me directly and changes shall be made.

Salut Salut Salut Salut Salut

Last edited by shenron276 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:28 pm; edited 45 times in total

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOW MECHANICS

Post by Wotan on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Looks nice and very well written. I never take the time to write something myself. It nice that there are people who take the initiative. Would have given you cookie,but already gave it to Marco.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks man, took me way more time than I thought to collect all info (surely, there's more to be said, but this is all info I had) and then write it all down to look so cool and colored Very Happy...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Nice job. I'm going to move this to Tools and Info section.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zartok on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:11 pm

Really pro layout and understandable for everyone, great job Smile

Zartok
Edyrem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:15 am

Just saw this, really awesome info!

I have a question: let's say I have 40% slow melee target and 60% slow target, and I hit a monster with a melee attack. What will happen? Mr Green 

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:51 am

You will slow him by 60%.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:52 am

yes id say the same, slow overrides melee slow i think it has to do with the way the game handles the events of this stats and the melee event is triggered earlier ( just my theory)

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:53 am

@Wotan wrote:You will slow him by 60%.
I was expecting someone smart to say '100%' Nope 2 

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:58 am

@MarcoNecroX wrote:Just saw this, really awesome info!

I have a question: let's say I have 40% slow melee target and 60% slow target, and I hit a monster with a melee attack. What will happen? Mr Green 
it's a trick question!!!
the slow doesn't matter bcuz marco has op chars

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
What will happen? Mr Green
so the right answer is he gets 1shotted
Bouncing Mr. Green 

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next