Thanks, I'm glad you love it... Very Happy

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOW MECHANICS

Post by pa5call on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:35 pm

Alright,

Been studying the slow long time ago already, but never found out how Talon's Hold Slow works with Lamia's Slow. Happy Upside Down  -clueless...

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:36 pm

@pa5call wrote:Alright,

Been studying the slow long time ago already, but never found out how Talon's Hold Slow works with Lamia's Slow. Happy Upside Down  -clueless...
That's right... I forgot about Lamia's slow ability... Thx for reminder Very Happy afaik, NONE "skill + skill" slow stack, they override each other... Unless there's some exceptions?

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm

It should be pretty easy to test in game actually (using something like wyrd), the difference between something like 50% and 90% slow is noticeable.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Yeah, I guess the only way to truly know that, is to start a long process of testing to see how each individual slow skill reacts with one another... Very Happy

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:04 pm

@cowking wrote:It should be pretty easy to test in game actually (using something like wyrd), the difference between something like 50% and 90% slow is noticeable.
Well, actually the testing is quite hard in regards to Talon’s and Lamia’s slow, as similarly capped plus same animation. Lamia slows on striking, while Talon is area effect based. Wyrd has got nothing to do with this type of slow as weapon based. It is actually so hard to test, that NOBODY EVER explained co-op mechanics in any guide or thread to date. Dizzy 

@shenron276 wrote:Yeah, I guess the only way to truly know that, is to start a long process of testing to see how each individual slow skill reacts with one another... Very Happy
Oh man, please don’t do this. This was supposed to be a guide not an invite to beta test. Lets just say the “state” is not the same and they do override each other -end of story Whistling

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:41 pm

@pa5call wrote:
Oh man, please don’t do this. This was supposed to be a guide not an invite to beta test.
That was just a joke... Since it's really hard to determine that, no need to spin around it...

@pa5call wrote:Lets just say the “state” is not the same and they do override each other -end of story Whistling
Exactly, like said in the FAQ already... Very Happy

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:23 pm

btw, you should make a difference between ATTACKING and HITTING. You can attack and still miss someone. I think all (or most of the slows work on actually hitting someone, not attacking?).

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:54 pm

@Quirinus wrote:btw, you should make a difference between ATTACKING and HITTING. You can attack and still miss someone. I think all (or most of the slows work on actually hitting someone, not attacking?).
Thanks for pointing me to this, mate Thumbs Up ... I know what's the difference, I just remember reading somewhere on forum that it slows "on attack" so I just embraced that fact (although I always doubted in that, but never took the effort to really test that)... Director Tomorrow, I'm gonna test this and find out once and for all...

EDIT: OK, I'm done with extensive testing and it seems I was wrong (my fault for not checking it before making FAQ Hitting a Wall )... So, both "Slows Target" and "Slows Melee Target" works with actually hitting enemies (by melee weapon or through WDM skills), and not by just attacking (swinging weapon towards an enemy)... In the process of testing, I also tested "Slows Attacker" modifier and it also works by the same principle... Since "on attack" proc triggers when you swing a melee weapon towards an enemy, it's kinda logic that "Slows Attacker" would work when enemy swings a melee weapon at you, but that's not the case (enemy has to hit you with a melee weapon to slow itself down)... Thanks again Quirinus, for pointing me to this mistake and thanks for contributing to this FAQ... Clap Clap I'm adding you to "credits" section + another cookie for you... Salut 

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks. :)I was talking more about changing it here than adding a note. It's more clear this way, but do what you want, it's your guide xD:
1.) SLOWS TARGET
Slows ANY enemy YOU ATTACK HIT and ANY enemy slowed through WDM skills (WDM - explained later in FAQ).

2.) SLOWS MELEE TARGET

Slows enemies that YOU ATTACK HIT with MELEE weapon only (in this case, WDM skills don't carry slow effect on other enemies).

3.) SLOWS ATTACKER
Slows any MELEE enemy that ATTACKS HITS YOU (ranged enemies are not slowed).

4.) SLOWS RANGED ATTACKER
Slows an enemy that ATTACKS HITS YOU with MISSILE ATTACKS (THROWS) or simply said: any enemy that attacks hits you by NOT swinging a melee* weapon at you.
*In 4. I added a melee since you swing a throwing weapon when attacking at a range too, so should make it clear that it's related to only melee weapons. xD

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Well, you're right, I should have changed it even earlier... Thanks for telling... Thumbs Up 

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Update:

Chill length isn't reduced on higher difficulties, unlike cLoD.
Chill duration is reduced by cold resistance, and cold immune monsters are immune to chill.
I think Half Freeze Duration and Cannot Be Frozen work with chill, as well, the first one cutting the duration in half, and the second one rendering you/monster immune to chill (as well as freeze).

Duration can vary from item to item, but generally, the higher the damage, the longer the chill (most items have about 1.6-2 sec chill, but some have up to 6 sec).
Some items don't chill even though they do cold damage, but they are rare (no pun intended).

Last edited by Quirinus on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamioculcas on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:52 pm

SLOWS MELEE TARGET
Slows enemies that YOU HIT with MELEE weapon only..

So, if I melee with a bow using normal attack on superbeast, will slow on melee apply or only slow target?

Zamioculcas
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:48 pm

slow target always overrides slow melee target

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamioculcas on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:39 pm

@Quirinus wrote:slow target always overrides slow melee target

I understand that, but my question is because I'm using a non-melee weapon in superbeast mode and using normal attack with it (hitting a monster on the forehead with a bow) will slow on melee attack apply? I'm pretty sure slow on target it doesn't matter what you use.

Zamioculcas
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:48 am

well, if you have both, slow only slow target will apply
if you have just slow melee target, I think it will apply if it lets you do a normal melee swing

also I think, I was wrong with there being no chill on sets/rws... I guess I shouldn't be writing/checking stuff when I'm tired.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamioculcas on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Ok, I guess that answers my question. The main reason I was wondering is because in superbeast mode and having a bow, it does lock out melee weapon skills. Normal attack, bow skills, and spell are what's available.

Zamioculcas
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:18 pm

Well who the heck whacks monsters with a bow i superbeast anyway? If you want a challenge, go play hardcore by switching your mouse and keyboard hand. xD

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamioculcas on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:39 pm

Actually, my build is odd but effective. I use double mod T6 webspinner with 30% spike nova on melee, which in turn procs the shit out of it and spreads miasma over the map. It's effective with Auhe belt's Foretress, T6 light gauntlets for crucify (more strike), sots, hanagabi, doom ammy, unseelie rings for even more slow with miasma, and cham boots for sor. He gets the best of both worlds: melee and strike procs. Using only normal attack allows me to invest all into passive buffs and im not affected by curses like unseelie which disables skills.

Zamioculcas
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Lol, sounds wacky, but fun.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:41 pm

Until you realize it Sucks. Have fun Razz

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamioculcas on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:33 pm

@Sexen wrote:Until you realize it Sucks. Have fun Razz

How it was with yo mamma..

Zamioculcas
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:26 pm

Nah my mom is a pro Razz

Seriously though I was talking about the sssu bow noob Rolling Eyes

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natobomb on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:18 pm

I read this entire thread and somehow still found a way to have a question. I'm still learning the mechanics of the mod with O-skills and procs and stuff, so when something like CTC atmg on kill happens.. I'm not sure what properties it takes... If I am an assassin, and I want to build a char with 90% slow that can fire ranged attacks everywhere and proc lots of striking or death procs, what slow am I looking for? Another post I read said fill sockets with 1% slow Jewels (Nas JC), but the docs say the jewels will give 1% slow melee target. With a throw sin, how is slowing an entire screen possible with this? Do the procs that carry WDM trigger it? or do I have to switch to a Nagi and crucify a couple times to spread it a little bit? My whole build is based on the idea of slowing everything down to slowy farm some of the harder more dense areas. But the way the jewel reads, I'm not sure it will even work... Any Advice would be awesome.. I'm referencing the Time Bandit - throwsin guide BTW.

Natobomb
Stygian Watcher

TGGood 425

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:42 pm

You need slow target modifier if you want it to work with missiles (wdm missiles). The wdm damage is affected by youe damage. You can see what mods wdm missiles carry if you go to the docs/faq/lfaq and search for "what does my attack carry" and look under the missiles/ranged subsection.

Nas jewelcraft used to give slow target, but it was nerfed to just slow melee target, so youre probably reading a guide for some older version (obviously, slow melee target doesnt work with wdm missiles).

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natobomb on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Yeah, That's what I expected to hear. I didn't notice this until I went to start crafting jewels. Then the red flag went up and I thought.. Sh*t.. this may not even work. I guess I'll hybrid it to 120 and then pick a build when I see what gear is available and what I like to play. Thanks.

Natobomb
Stygian Watcher

TGGood 425

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum