SLOW MECHANICS

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SLOW MECHANICS

Post by Quirinus on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:23 pm

btw, you should make a difference between ATTACKING and HITTING. You can attack and still miss someone. I think all (or most of the slows work on actually hitting someone, not attacking?).

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:54 pm

@Quirinus wrote:btw, you should make a difference between ATTACKING and HITTING. You can attack and still miss someone. I think all (or most of the slows work on actually hitting someone, not attacking?).
Thanks for pointing me to this, mate Thumbs Up ... I know what's the difference, I just remember reading somewhere on forum that it slows "on attack" so I just embraced that fact (although I always doubted in that, but never took the effort to really test that)... Director Tomorrow, I'm gonna test this and find out once and for all...

EDIT: OK, I'm done with extensive testing and it seems I was wrong (my fault for not checking it before making FAQ Hitting a Wall )... So, both "Slows Target" and "Slows Melee Target" works with actually hitting enemies (by melee weapon or through WDM skills), and not by just attacking (swinging weapon towards an enemy)... In the process of testing, I also tested "Slows Attacker" modifier and it also works by the same principle... Since "on attack" proc triggers when you swing a melee weapon towards an enemy, it's kinda logic that "Slows Attacker" would work when enemy swings a melee weapon at you, but that's not the case (enemy has to hit you with a melee weapon to slow itself down)... Thanks again Quirinus, for pointing me to this mistake and thanks for contributing to this FAQ... Clap Clap I'm adding you to "credits" section + another cookie for you... Salut 

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks. :)I was talking more about changing it here than adding a note. It's more clear this way, but do what you want, it's your guide xD:
1.) SLOWS TARGET
Slows ANY enemy YOU ATTACK HIT and ANY enemy slowed through WDM skills (WDM - explained later in FAQ).

2.) SLOWS MELEE TARGET

Slows enemies that YOU ATTACK HIT with MELEE weapon only (in this case, WDM skills don't carry slow effect on other enemies).

3.) SLOWS ATTACKER
Slows any MELEE enemy that ATTACKS HITS YOU (ranged enemies are not slowed).

4.) SLOWS RANGED ATTACKER
Slows an enemy that ATTACKS HITS YOU with MISSILE ATTACKS (THROWS) or simply said: any enemy that attacks hits you by NOT swinging a melee* weapon at you.
*In 4. I added a melee since you swing a throwing weapon when attacking at a range too, so should make it clear that it's related to only melee weapons. xD

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Well, you're right, I should have changed it even earlier... Thanks for telling... Thumbs Up 

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Update:

Chill length isn't reduced on higher difficulties, unlike cLoD.
Chill duration is reduced by cold resistance, and cold immune monsters are immune to chill.
I think Half Freeze Duration and Cannot Be Frozen work with chill, as well, the first one cutting the duration in half, and the second one rendering you/monster immune to chill (as well as freeze).

Duration can vary from item to item, but generally, the higher the damage, the longer the chill (most items have about 1.6-2 sec chill, but some have up to 6 sec).
Some items don't chill even though they do cold damage, but they are rare (no pun intended).

Last edited by Quirinus on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamioculcas on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:52 pm

SLOWS MELEE TARGET
Slows enemies that YOU HIT with MELEE weapon only..

So, if I melee with a bow using normal attack on superbeast, will slow on melee apply or only slow target?

Zamioculcas
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:48 pm

slow target always overrides slow melee target

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamioculcas on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:39 pm

@Quirinus wrote:slow target always overrides slow melee target

I understand that, but my question is because I'm using a non-melee weapon in superbeast mode and using normal attack with it (hitting a monster on the forehead with a bow) will slow on melee attack apply? I'm pretty sure slow on target it doesn't matter what you use.

Zamioculcas
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:48 am

well, if you have both, slow only slow target will apply
if you have just slow melee target, I think it will apply if it lets you do a normal melee swing

also I think, I was wrong with there being no chill on sets/rws... I guess I shouldn't be writing/checking stuff when I'm tired.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamioculcas on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Ok, I guess that answers my question. The main reason I was wondering is because in superbeast mode and having a bow, it does lock out melee weapon skills. Normal attack, bow skills, and spell are what's available.

Zamioculcas
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum