Post by Istaryu on Wed May 21, 2014 4:08 pm

You can disenchant the uniqes you dont need and make your own with 2 crystals

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [XI] Elemental Druid

Post by Afura on Wed May 21, 2014 8:26 pm

I tried that, I disenchanted an unique and it vanished Very Happy, got nothing in return. I think I am using the wrong recipe, I will check the documentation for it Smile. Thx for the hint

Edit: Shame on me, I used a cataclyst of destruction instead of disenchant ^^

Afura
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simetrix on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:03 am

Sorry to ask one word, what's mean of "sorc buddy", and how does this guy summons.
Any answers can be appreciate.

Simetrix
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archxdiablo on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:13 am

Since it had been about a year and a half since I played Median XL, I went for the one class I hadn't maxed out before and odd enough it is my favorite. I just recently saw this guide and it is more or less how I was building it, maxing Rain of Fire as well. I barely die, but I notice I'm squishy if I don't pay attention. Act bosses are boringly easy, hell I managed to get Diablo to stop with about 13 fiends and all I had to do was Mythal + spam RoF and watch the hp drop. I can get in the middle of large groups of mobs and slaughter them without worrying too much. In fact it is turning out to be a lot more tanky than I expected. Getting the 3 sunstones at lvl 49 was fairly easy too, and all of that without using any of the recommended gear, have so far just been picking up random uniques from mobs. I gotta get into that soon.

archxdiablo
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Yep, that is exactly why ele druid is recomended as great untwinked starting character. Lots of strong spells(rain of fire is brutal with some pierce and spell damage, tremor is best aoe magic spell in game imho, banshee even after nerf has still its use and so on), char is fast, charms enemies, reliable minions with 33% innate avoid...

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archxdiablo on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:01 am

I was unaware banshee had gotten nerfed. Well, using the fiends aura to boost ele dmg and -% enemy resistance, spamming it on certain uberlevels makes it extremely easy. I'm enjoying this char a lot more than previous builds/classes, although I do like skill switching a lot which is needed for this build, and mythal is epic.

archxdiablo
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okagisama on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Here's my thoughts about your guide - which is quite clear already.

For Early gear, i definitely prefer Dubhdroiacht compared to Naïad King.
Too many good things here to skip on them: minion life, poison duration, poison length reduction, energy factor, all skills vs druid skills, energy factor...

Spoiler:
Dubhdroiacht
Gnarled Staff (6)
Two-Hand Damage: 64 to 78
Durability: 70
Required Dexterity: 126
Required Level: 50
+(161 to 185) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
+(3 to 6) to All Skills
+(171 to 200)% Bonus to Poison Skill Duration
-(36 to 40)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(26 to 30) to Pyroclastic Flow
+(36 to 40)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
Increase Maximum Life (18 to 20)%
Total Character Defense Plus (36 to 40)%
Poison Length Reduced by (46 to 50)%
Socketed: 4

If you really want to use Mark of the wild, you can still use a switch with a secondary weapon. I'm currently doing that with Azgar's Nemeton (i am currently running through Destruction Act II, really lucky to me finding this one so quickly - but Naïad King is a good choice too)

I'd say i used more Plague avatar than ice spells in Hatred/first half of Terror, but ice came back and it's quite even now. Comparatively to before, Hunting Banshee isn't that much powerful now, and the latency makes it quite bad at low levels. I maxed Freezing Gale instead, only putting 15 points in HB in order to get 2 of them (can't reach 30 yet in any case). FG is quite nice, especially in close quarters where ennemies can't run away.

One weird thing about your build is putting only 1 in Mythal. This skill is underrated, whereas it's imo one of the strong points of this build: it allows to kill Clawstorm Terrors in a breeze only using Plague Avatar. Although resist reduction doesn't increase with more points, the duration and cooldown reduction makes it an almost spammable debuff + gives a strong utility in time. As in Throne of Bhaal, the monster's spawns aree reduced to a simple "Mythal + Plague avatar coverage" = allkill.

I haven't increased Poison Flash yet either. Acid Fiends are actually quite tanky, so i didn't feel like i need more hp for them. It can change when going further and getting to Ubers, i'll have time to reroll all that in time.

Oh, and as for the belt, i found quite nice to have on-poison-kill Showers of Rock, thus i'm still using Deadfall (even if that's beginning to lack in term of damage). I'm still looking for more on-kill stuff, as it's working with poison.

Okagisama
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IceLancer on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:02 pm

For Solo snakes low lvl are good.
Once you add just one more real player (even if you play on /players Cool they will start dying like flies) even on lvl 5 skill.
(my 2 cents)

IceLancer
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum