[XI] Elemental Druid

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [XI] Elemental Druid

Post by bzrk on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:40 am

It is quite easy to beat level challenge 1 actually. I did it without any death at level 44. Killed all 3 priestesses.

Tips:

put a few points into pagan rites. It's an awesome skill imo. With it, I didn't even have to use a single health pot while doing it.

Just smash everything into dps. Get the flamen unique staff, uptier it to tier 3-4. With the +3-4 to druid skills, you've got a shit load of damage and it will comepletely rape the amazons. The thing is you have to kill fast so you have lots of corpses for health regen. When I did it, my pagan rite regen 50% life with just 1 corpse. Awesome.

Then, about the gears I got to do this, I had a full set of honorifics. Boots, gloves, belt, cap, and body armour. Get the ones with the lowest requirements. Defense at this stage is no where near as powerful and faceroll as damage reduction and life gain when hit MO. I had 204 numeric damage reduction + 344 life gain when hit. Awesome. The archers hit me for almost nothing. Mind you, my defense is currently 74. But i've managed to smash the challenge without much of a problem. And i'm a new player too. Never played median xl or diablo before, never played any arpg tbh until 3 weeks ago.

Keep shooting hunting banshee forward whenever you go. If the hunting banshee disappears straight away, it means there is no mob in front. If there are mobs in front, it will hunt them down 1-2 screens away so whenever it doesn't disappear, just keep shooting banshee.

Also, acid fiends are a great help. Always keep >10 of them as meat shields for you. And they're also very powerful. My 15 acid fiends raped the lightning priestess before I even got there. I didn't even get to see her use phalanx and she's already dead. I only knew she was dead because of the red swirls I never actually saw her Very Happy Was running like mad trying to find her corpse Very Happy

bzrk
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartachris on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:13 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:also for reanimataes, destro shaman doesn't give spell damage and moon / pit knights cast dark power on death, aka not very often because it's a reanimate
I think this is the only update from posts for me to make. I removed the elemental damage part from Destroyer Shaman. Not sure about Pit Knight. Thought I looked it up before but the guide doesn't say when it casts either way.

I'll add something about Lone Wolf and crafts in case somebody really has no idea what to do.

Anyway, not sure what to do about this guide. Haven't been playing much Median, and not sure if this is going to be relevant in the new patch.

Spartachris
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:13 pm

well looking at your badge, 10k people didn't find making an ele druid obvious enough Very Happy

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reiyu568 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Btw which shrines should I use for crafts ? ( Sorry if u said that, but i can´t find it :/ )

reiyu568
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flubbucket on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:36 pm

@Thall wrote:
@MarcoNecroX wrote:because.. first act isnt a joke at all
I'm not the greatest player, so I normally have trouble with it but I was done in 20 minutes.

Maybe you missed a spot??  Thinking 

@MarcoNecroX wrote:well looking at your badge, 10k people didn't find making an ele druid obvious enough Very Happy

You know what they say about the "popular" gurlz... Wink

flubbucket
Necrobot

Creepy Old Geezer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:33 am

I got one interesting question after last night farming with elemental druid. I have lone wolf set with maxed elemental, acid fiends, poison flash and berries. Uber skill - force of nature. Now the problem is i don't have any source of physical damage apart from my summons. But as appeared last night in some of the ubers their damage is not good enoug. Either they die too fast (30k hp wut ?) or their damage is not high enough (description says 2k with 2k-8k poison flash). Now i had some various ideas sorting through my items, but it was late night and i couldn't come up with any crazy good ideas. I play SP so restating at boss is not an option. Although i can change my stats with the hepl of plugy. Just for the head start i tried equiping rings/amu with wyrd, some SU bow, SU axe and such. But i wasn't too dedicated and tired. So please any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:17 am

hunting banshee suck, it's range is tooooooo short, 15 pts yet lower dmg than freezing gale. Freezing gale and rain of fire worth investment and having a private build imo.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Niveras on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:23 pm

I've been running an elemental druid and rely mainly on freezing gale (with plague avatar for cold immunes). I found it very effective in TA especially, because the constant damage being dealt appears to prevent the amazons from shooting. This is true even in Dest TA, and my gear isn't even all that strong; still in TUs and MO'ed with some minion resist, minion life (I got tired of how often I was replacing them in normal play), and the rest in -rcold, +cold, -rpoison, +poison. (You do have to be a bit more proactive about moving around in Dest TA so you avoid the barrage of arrows you sometimes get when they die). On top of this, the range is just large enough that any amazon approaching you is going to be hit by it.

I almost don't even want to mention just how effective it is in that regard since the expected nerf would be to lower the range just a little bit so that some amazons might stop just outside the range and be able to shoot.

Also, I don't know if anyone needs it, but a strategy I found effective for judgment day: get the eddies together and just spam acid fiend until Impy or Malt spawns, then continue to spam fiends while alternating between RoF and occasional Plague Avatar on the bosses until they die. The first time I tried this I actually managed to get both to spawn but I didn't even have the charm yet so I couldn't do the bonus. :-(

Niveras
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Afura on Wed May 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello,

is this druid build here still doable with the latest patch? Smile. I stopped playing my summoner (yes im still a noob^^), I wanted to make an ele druid  Cool but no idea which ele build is a good one. I would like to play one with a shield, but this one here is with a 2hand staff  Neutral

Afura
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed May 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Yes the caster druid is still powerful. Hunting Banshee was too powerful so that was fixed but Elemental, Plague Avatar, Freezing Gale and Rain of Fire are awesome. Get spell damage and enemy resists and use Acid Fiends. Why do you need to go 1 handed though? Just preference?

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum