Item Drop Filter

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Item Drop Filter

Post by Malah on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:37 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a program to filter item drops? I didn't see one on the offline tools forum or with a forum search, and I'm not finding any with a search website that work with MXLU. I play SP so anything that would be scandalous on the realm goes presuming I can turn off any other game-breaking features - if I wanted that, I'd just play a javazon.

I'd prefer to find one not packaged with a MH as I've seen before, but if it comes down to that I'm playing SP so by the time I'm farming uberquests I have the maps already revealed - no cheese to be had there. If that's my only option then don't post anything that's going to cause trouble, just tell me that I'm out of luck without cheating so I don't have to keep looking if someone else has made a more extensive search.

I'm getting tired of how drastically it slows my farm rate because I have to run around on the screen searching for loot while things are still shooting at me (hi Fauzt).

Malah
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Item Drop Filter

Post by axios on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:50 pm

hypothetically speaking if that would exist it would probably be found by searching on forum "maphack for farming".there may be some version of stings mh with filtering
but if that would exists it wouldn't probably be legal.
Lurking 

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malah on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Hypothetically the people openly discussing cheating on this forum are lucky Marco thinks they're beneath his time to ban and I'm not one to push that luck before I get my WIP guides posted.

I'd like to see if anyone else has found a legal solution (presuming that Marco green lights use of filters not tied to hacks; maybe I should PM that) before I pursue darker alleys of search.

Besides, I don't want to disappoint Our Great Modmaker if I don't have to.
@Brother Laz wrote:Oh god this forum has fallen to sin and sloth.

Malah
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:58 pm

Would be awesome if in end-game you could remove tier item drops (except maybe uniques, if necessary for stat points)... It's pointless later on Very Happy

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malah on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:10 am

Preeetty much. If you're not looking for low-grade items for a reason then that clutter takes an eternity to sort through to find goodies. In particular, I'd like to record videos when I start finishing my guides (Spiral Dance Sorc is coming out first) and I don't want to have to either run past everything and backtrack to loot or try and check while moving along in the video and possibly miss something.

After all, the perfect Dear Esther or Penumbra roll always drops when you're not looking ...

Also, Marco has expressed his doubt in finding anything legal that will do this by itself. There's always the chance someone else will find this so I'll keep it subbed, but in the meantime I'm going to go back to playing and picking through bodies manually. ಠ_ಠ

Malah
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:52 am

Definitely the tool I'd like to see in existence... Would help a lot to many people, cause I've seen more than a few posts of people asking for it (for same reason, most likely)... Maybe someone will make it one day, fingers crossed... Praying

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascaronth on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:34 am

AFAIK D2Clicker, of Grig's online tools fame, has that function, I never used it though. I *think* it checks the drops when you press alt.

http://grig.vlexofree.com/mxl/d2clicker.html

Ascaronth
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:54 am

I have patch 1.13d so it doesn't wok for jme... Can someone confirm that it actually works like it's supposed to (not being able to collect tiered junk of the floor)?

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodstalker on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:19 am

try sting's maphack.though im not sure if it works with 1.13d.

bloodstalker
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:28 am

Strings works well for filtering, but it takes some time manually editing and adding strings for the items that aren't from cLoD. Strings can do a lot that basic user doesn't know about. Item filtering can really improve your game, and helps preventing your eyes from bleeding - from starring.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum