Tips for belial

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tips for belial

Post by The Big Ouchy on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:44 am

Hi guys. I seem to be having trouble not getting instagibbed by belial now that he can't be baited up to ancients way anymore (nowhere to hide Hitting a Wall). Does anyone have any general recommendations to make him less of a headache? Build recommendations are also welcome (I don't mind twinking the charm if it means I never have to see him again).

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for belial

Post by shenron276 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:15 pm

First and most important thing you should do is to re-roll the Ancient's Way map until you get poison shrine... Then, clear that entire map + clear entire Icy Cellar... Also, try to get as many %Poison Length Reduction as you can and in combo with poison shrine (the effect will eventually wear off so you'll have to reactivate it from time to time), you don't have to worry about those punishers any more... 50% slows target (max for bosses) also helps since it's easier to control slowed monsters... Before you start your fight with Belial, lure his Ratfinks somewhere where, when you teleport away, they won't follow you (because there's no point in fighting Belial if you don't get rid of those pesky rats, it' just too damn hard)... After you get rid of the rats, just fight him near the entrance and when he casts that life drain spell, run out trough the entrance (if he follows you, you just come back in Smile or just use town portal and wait in town until the spell wears off)... You can try to counter his life drain spell but you'll need some serious source of regeneration... Maxed resists helps too (FRW is good to quickly hit and run if you don't have neither poison shrine activated nor massive life regeneration)... If you can counter his life drain spell + poison shrine + PLR (175% is max), you'll pretty much rape him... Hope I helped... Salut

Last edited by shenron276 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:59 pm

As shenron276 said + use spells/attack with multihit, with luck you'll 1shot him.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 pm

tbh belial still hardest boss for me too beacuse of his 'life siphon' attack which deals imba burn dmg. i dont want to talk about psn res and lure ratfinks part etc those are obvious and well known shits.

chars i find very good vs belial is, chars with high life regeneration like sorc (living flame passive) and psn spells are best vs him cause when u apply once he always die = less headache.
and ofc mighty paladin with tainted blood.

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:55 pm

@shenron276 wrote:First and most important thing you should do is to re-roll the Ancient's Way map until you get poison shrine... Then, clear that entire map + clear entire Icy Cellar... Also, try to get as many %Poison Length Reduction as you can and in combo with poison shrine (the effect will eventually wear off so you'll have to reactivate it from time to time), you don't have to worry about those punishers any more... 50% slows target (max for bosses) also helps since it's easier to control slowed monsters... Before you start your fight with Belial, lure his Ratfinks somewhere where, when you teleport away, they won't follow you (because there's no point in fighting Belial if you don't get rid of those pesky rats, it' just too damn hard)... After you get rid of the rats, just fight him near the entrance and when he casts that life drain spell, run out trough the entrance (if he follows you, you just come back in :)or just use town portal and wait in town until the spell wears off)... You can try to counter his life drain spell but you'll need some serious source of regeneration... Maxed resists helps too (FRW is good to quickly hit and run if you don't have neither poison shrine activated nor massive life regeneration)... If you can counter his life drain spell + poison shrine + PLR (175% is max), you'll pretty much rape him... Hope I helped... Salut
The entrance is locked after you enter belial's lair, wasn't it?

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:14 pm

yep, las belial chyrasoar cant go upstairs anymore so no cheese anymore Smile

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:25 pm

@stoya wrote:yep, las belial chyrasoar cant go upstairs anymore so no cheese anymore Smile
Really? I didn't try killing Belial in Ultimative yet... But, no big deal since you can use town portals... It surely makes entire procedure a bit more complicated, but it can still be done...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:29 pm

Summon him and try to tank with minions. Then try the obvious 1 shot 1kill.

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:24 pm

summon, cast banshee, 1 shot
or
dont pick druid, stack psn res, get 95 maxres, get psn shrine and still suck. tained blood is also very good vs him

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I'll try stoyas suggestion and roll a poison/fire sorc or maybe I'll try dead ringer on a necro for gamma fields long poison length for a better shot.

It doesn't help that I'm using an almost pure physical damage xbow necro (I'm stubborn and bane is cool but spell timer fucks me when I summon him lol).

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum