why is medianxl (and tsw2) so unknown?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: why is medianxl (and tsw2) so unknown?

Post by Splift on Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:24 pm

@d2smurf wrote:i played all my life clod but until this year i never touched a mod or sth. because its seemed so unpopular and i thought its some silly nerdstuff, and thats a lil bit the image it has i feel. i was never interested in this cause "pfff d2lod is the real thing dont bother me with this weird unprofessional underground stuff" (lil exaggerated but yay)
I was the exact same way until I tried mxl years back, now I'll never go back. Even in games where modding is more accepted like elder scrolls games for example, there are tons of people who say they don't want that shit or maybe think its too much work.

Edit: Relatively speaking tho, mxl is quite well known. Can't compare to flavor of the month stuff... you have to keep in mind that d2 is well on its way to being 15 years old.
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:31 pm

everytime I look back at clod and i see the teleport spell i'm like pff blizz you suck.
axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:17 am

Because, according to phrozen keep, private realm is illegal and if you talk about it "BAN!".

Blizzard never made D2 with a true 3D render, it just sticks to old 2D palletized graphics, 800 x 600 max resolution. Ppl are turned away by over 10 years old graphics that doesn't scale up to today's 22 inch flat screens (be it led, lcd, plasma). It's incredible how they can still release patches to fix bugs, dupes, exploits, but never they touched the ancient old glide driver....

D2 itself is dead. It has some extra hardcore players that upon seeing a mod with flabbergasting skills and recipes, just say ".... for noobs".

Archangel
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:51 am

If you say so. After d3 came out, mxl had a flood of activity once people realized d3 was not what they wanted out of a diablo experience. Most of the players heard about mxl from other mxl players who said, "wow, d3 sux, bak 2 mxl." Is d2 dead? Hardly, but with relativly no new content it is most assuredly dying.

The absolute best d1 remake I ever played was on the never winter nights engine. I'd go as far to say it was as good or even better than the original. Having said that, I'd like to see a d2 remake on the nwn2 engine. Then we could have hi-res skins and all. And btw, this mod is a faithful remake of all the tiles from d1, so you are quite literally playing d1, but with more areas to explore, better gfx, etc. So if someone were to do this for d2, or more specifically mxl, would be incredible!

If you're interested in checking it out, official mod is here: http://nwn.tolitz.com/
Lets Play of Tristram is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLj0i0P_Q6Y

EDIT: Just wanted to add that is also has all the content originally designed for D1 that never made it in the game, such as the wandering caravan trader before you enter Tristram, special back stories and quests with the lore in it, everything!
taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Way before D3 official release ppl were criticizing D3 resemblance to WoW, there was even a petition running. I guess, some hardcore fans were already expecting a fail.

Archangel
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flubbucket on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:02 am

@Splift wrote:............

Edit: Relatively speaking tho, mxl is quite well known. Can't compare to flavor of the month stuff... you have to keep in mind that d2 is well on its way to being 15 years old.
And yet here we are still playing and discussing it. There must be something special about this game.

@Archangel wrote:Way before D3 official release ppl were criticizing D3 resemblance to WoW, there was even a petition running. I guess, some hardcore fans were already expecting a fail.
I'm not sure it's the "hardcore fans" having issues with D3. I realize this horse has been beaten into oblivion. However this mod along with D2 demonstrates the core of gaming and where D3 ultimately failed. The basic question is, "Is the game fun to play?"

I'm unable to stop playing this mod because it's so much fun. I stopped playing D3 because it was no longer any fun. Simple really.
flubbucket
Necrobot

Creepy Old Geezer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fauztinvillebarb on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:42 pm

i think there should be a mod that have better graphcis improvement for windows 7 and vista and 1024x840 resolution jaja

fauztinvillebarb
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:00 pm

@taem wrote:If you say so. After d3 came out, mxl had a flood of activity once people realized d3 was not what they wanted out of a diablo experience. Most of the players heard about mxl from other mxl players who said, "wow, d3 sux, bak 2 mxl." Is d2 dead? Hardly, but with relativly no new content it is most assuredly dying.

The absolute best d1 remake I ever played was on the never winter nights engine. I'd go as far to say it was as good or even better than the original. Having said that, I'd like to see a d2 remake on the nwn2 engine. Then we could have hi-res skins and all. And btw, this mod is a faithful remake of all the tiles from d1, so you are quite literally playing d1, but with more areas to explore, better gfx, etc. So if someone were to do this for d2, or more specifically mxl, would be incredible!

If you're interested in checking it out, official mod is here: http://nwn.tolitz.com/
Lets Play of Tristram is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLj0i0P_Q6Y

EDIT: Just wanted to add that is also has all the content originally designed for D1 that never made it in the game, such as the wandering caravan trader before you enter Tristram, special back stories and quests with the lore in it, everything!

I wonder, how is it possible to remake a game on a different engine Thinking it basically means doing everything from scratch, but on a newer engine.. or?
Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum