A discussion of Path of Exile's shortcomings.

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A discussion of Path of Exile's shortcomings.

Post by Aspirine101 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:40 pm

@Brother Laz wrote:
@iwansquall wrote:

Laz, is that you?
Shocked Huh?
LOL, some crazy fanboy then Very Happy
Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:28 am

@Violentin wrote:Actually, only endurance charges sounds like actual "tactics".
Resists is pretty hard to control thanks to GGG adding yet another shitty modifiers to the pool.
Armor is irrelevant with high damages, Evade/Dodge/block are percent modifiers which means they are unreliable to use consistently.
Stacking life/ES actually is a game slogan. EVERY problem in the game can be solved by getting MOAR life, so you don't have to repeat it.
"actually" this is completely wrong. Evade is NOT a completely random chance, if you have 75% evade 3 out of 4 attacks will consistently miss you. Armor works completely fine for mitigating damage as well. When you reflect its rarely one big hit, but usually many smaller hits (AOE). How are resists hard to control? Get resists on your gear or resist nodes, done.

@Violentin wrote:Just brilliant, replace active restoration with passive one. Because mashing one button and healing at the same time requires a lot of thought, yeah.
I don't even see how this is a proper response to what I said. Learn to comprehend english better.
@Violentin wrote:And by "adapt" you meant taking as much health/ES nodes as possible.
Actually I listed 5 other ways to achieve this.

@Violentin wrote:So in essence it comes down to gear check.
This is a fucking action rpg. Everything is a gear check, median xl is full of them and defensive flasks are easy to get and even given out as quest rewards.

@Violentin wrote:It certainly isn't metagaming. Not at all. Might as well advice to get unique item from higher level character .
How is using a different skill to avoid reflect comparable to twinking?

@Violentin wrote:And if that monster is a rare Fast+Reflect sceletal Rhoa from Den of Evil?
Right because the whole game has to be fair and hold your hand. Median xl certainly never put you in a situation where you would die in an unfair way.

Fact of the matter is that reflect is not a very big issue to people who know how to play the game. Its just another affix for you to deal with thru tactics, skills or gear. Reflect was actually more unfair in diablo 2 and oh gee there couldnt possibly be any reflect in MXL right??? (spoiler:Wrong)
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:33 am

Median xl certainly never put you in a situation where you would die in an unfair way.
Fixed that for you!
taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:19 am

It is funny since I been raging at game last week.

It just easy to say that:
1. I lvl up higher than area monster level
2. Stacking up endurance to 7 now I have killed oak.
3. Immortal Call + Increased duration + Leap slam + Skill on melee kll and Enduring cry / endurance on melee stun + ground slam.

I heard merciless act 3 is a bitch which might cause me to rage in the future.
Anyhow, I really wish some1 who stopped playing PoE to do new quest in Library which give proc-gem.
I really want to pick up multistrike, but seem people been abusing proc-when-take-damage quite a lot that made it super pricey now (3 exalted minimum IIRC, in standard)
So I need to buy multistrike somewhere else.

*The quest is quite simple, so if you can give me freebie for it heheheheh. Merciless act 3 btw.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Yerp died a lot even though I being cautious, too many dmg spike around marketplace and barracks.
Most of time, I couldnt react properly because either get stun-locked (but I have already proc when stunned...) or desync while swarmed.

And this is not even piety or dominus.
Library is just 1 wp away Smile.
Cant wait for either "when-take-dmg" or "multistrike" gems.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Ya multistrike is such an important gem. Virtually anything melee needs it so bad (or even summoners zombies love it) and with the recent melee buffs they are even higher demand.

Cast when damage taken is amazing for every single char and crazily op. I still love it tho, takes care of so much micro. Next week its getting nerfed for sure and the prices will drop (will still probably be godly tho).

When you get the library reward I strongly consider you take a close look at your char to see if its messed up or not. In this game almost everyone fucks up their first char. If you decide that your char is too far gone to use the quest respec points fixing then you can use the library reward to twink the hell out of your next char(before leveling the gem up on your current char).
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:15 am

Ty for input.

I died to piety couple of times, 100% is because getting shotgunned from fan-of-cold-arrow.
Fire is dodge-able by leapslamming away.
Lightning is nothing.
All because I have all 77% elemental resist, but less armor (i think only 20% physical without endurance buff)

But

Screw dominus in merciless.
I try by suicide-running 30 times.
Even by then, I couldnt scratch him in his first form.
His lightning punch is insta-kill (despite i saw vision cue, desync killed me)
His lightning beam ghost thingy, rapidly reduce my hp. 77% lightning resist no help here.
Totem is ok-ish, but still drain life like fuk coz if you reaction is slower than 1 second, you die.

And worst thing is,... I am lvl 69.
Rerunning docks for better gear.
Damage is useless if cant survive.
Damage is weak unless you can get 6linked armor and better dps weapon.
You are super-useless unless you are rich or have better luck when upgrading your gear.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*I have more fun rerunning 2hand engineer in torchlight 2 than this insta-rip shit. FUFUFUFUFUFUFU
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:44 pm

FINALLY DUCKING DID IT!

Couple of respec toward %life / +max life nodes.
100++ deaths total, counted by amount of TP used.
Most of death because I have high latency playing the game
Stupid Merciless dominus is DEAD.
In fact the 2nd form is much easier than first, wtf.

I dunno if i go for endless grind in map.
I usually stop playing after complete a game.
End of merciless is considered already an end for me.
So.... I will playing something else.

Until garena sort out what kind monetizing they gonna use.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Gratz, i stop playing because i realize my gear really sucks and farming docks is pointless (don't get much exp and crap drop) so good for you ;]
hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:00 pm

@aspirine101 wrote:
@Brother Laz wrote:
@iwansquall wrote:

Laz, is that you?
Shocked Huh?
LOL, some crazy fanboy then Very Happy
That's SC ladder right? If it's hardcore i'm shocked not to see the familiar faces...I know HvR and _laz (though "_laz" stunk skill-wise when I knew him) HvR is pretty cool- traded multiple times with him and if I still played he'd be #70-something on that friend list on that list. I think he'd been there before in a diff ladder season.

Never really farmed docks because of the pure boredom of it! Always went for maps any way I could. Then piety and pre-piety fights.

My take: (probly wrong in many ways to many players)

In any case, before this game is compared to Even D1 they need something of a plausible or at least continuous story-line. I've hated the lack of story arc from beginning and lack of purpose to my fighting. I'll get off the island? Not likely!!! How can I go through 3-4 acts and still be stuck in wraeclast with people who are also stuck there seemingly forever. Plotline reminds me of a movie that tries to be dark and depressing but only succeeds afterwards when you realize what kind of junk it is. Closed-beta Open-beta, lvl 70, whatever, it doesn't matter. The game isn't even as fun as d1 on a pc let alone my android.

That said, when you happen to run into 2-3 people from your state who live next to you and there is no median server at the time, its a mindless getaway from d1 replays. Very Happy

Oh and last call before I give away account to someone completely random. if anyone wants a few fully geared 70+'s that should still be there on my old account lemme know. (stopped in Late August sometime I think).

(I stopped entirely and did single player Civ3 RPG mod when I had something else to do...job in Vermont!)

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum