A discussion of Path of Exile's shortcomings.

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A discussion of Path of Exile's shortcomings.

Post by Violentin on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Splift wrote:"actually" this is completely wrong. Evade is NOT a completely random chance, if you have 75% evade 3 out of 4 attacks will consistently miss you.
Cool story, brah. And what about different AR of enemies? AR aura enemies? If it isn't random chance, why the fuck showing it as %? How many attacks will be missed with 79%? And 71%?
Splift wrote:How are resists hard to control? Get resists on your gear or resist nodes, done.
Brilliant answer, especially "get gear" part. Last time I heard this argument my opponent with straight face claimed that capping resists at Merc is easy peasy, you just need triple res rares and angelic shield. And from nodes you get ~30% at max.
Splift wrote:I don't even see how this is a proper response to what I said. Learn to comprehend english better.
Considering that you don't know difference between "passive" and "active" healing, it's you who cannot into english. Also, after some leech threshold reflect mobs are facerolled like normal mobs, which shows a lot how much brain they require.
Splift wrote:Actually I listed 5 other ways to achieve this.
4 of them are "get better gear", which in PoE terms translates into "grind MOAR". And you can't just "adjust" your crits, because most of them gained from skilltree.
Splift wrote:This is a fucking action rpg.
Yet PoE requires a very little of action in order to succeed. Paradox at its finest.
Splift wrote:Everything is a gear check, median xl is full of them
And? Just because it was in mod for 10+ years old game automatically means it's ok?
Splift wrote:and defensive flasks are easy to get and even given out as quest rewards.
There is a big gap between "defensive flask" and "good defensive flask". Latter requires gazillion rerolls.
Splift wrote:How is using a different skill to avoid reflect comparable to twinking?
Because leveling up skill doesn't take up socket and doesn't require grinding, sure.
Splift wrote:Right because the whole game has to be fair and hold your hand.
No, it must be pointless grind with zero counterplay, because grinding for a chance of getting +light radius and/or "communicate" with retards in order to "trade" certainly worth the effort.
Splift wrote:Median xl certainly never put you in a situation where you would die in an unfair way.
1) It doesn't have desync issues.
2) Laz went greater lengths in order to eliminate "max block, max vita" mentality, unlike GGG which made most of the life obtainable from passive tree only.
3) You don't have to grind ever up until Destruction ubers (well, at least in some before-latest versions).
Splift wrote:Fact of the matter is that reflect is not a very big issue to people who know how to play the game.
That's a funny way of spelling "metagaming".
Splift wrote:Its just another affix for you to deal with thru tactics, skills or gear.
You named only one "tactic" though.
Splift wrote:Reflect was actually more unfair in diablo 2
Vanilla D2 is a shitty game though, however it was made 10+ years ago, fyi.
Splift wrote:and oh gee there couldnt possibly be any reflect in MXL right??? (spoiler:Wrong)
You meant those bear faggots who populate only ONE location and plus the fact that reflect only affects physical melee damage and even melee classes' skillsets consist 3/4 of missiles.
Certainly on the same boat where reflect can spawn randomly on assraping skeletal demon of blazing fire boss enemy.

Violentin
Jungle Hunter

Posts : 20
Country : ???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A discussion of Path of Exile's shortcomings.

Post by soundee on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:58 am

It's like we're playing two different games... How come I've never gone through this phase of massive qq? Been playing 80%ish self found on Nemesis, haven't died yet on three characters. (that aren't metagame builds Rolling Eyes)No near-deaths to desync, no problems with reflect, problems with resists fixed through the passive tree by temporarily spending 5 points in resists.

Violentin wrote:
Splift wrote:"actually" this is completely wrong. Evade is NOT a completely random chance, if you have 75% evade 3 out of 4 attacks will consistently miss you.
Cool story, brah. And what about different AR of enemies? AR aura enemies? If it isn't random chance, why the fuck showing it as %? How many attacks will be missed with 79%? And 71%?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Evasion#Mechanics
avatar
soundee
Son of Lucion

Posts : 226
TGGood 10
Country : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A discussion of Path of Exile's shortcomings.

Post by Archangel on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:31 am

Ppl keep creating new threads about RNG, desync and whatnot every week or every few days....

I just can't go back.

Archangel
Thunder Beetle

Posts : 14
Country : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A discussion of Path of Exile's shortcomings.

Post by maskedmartyr on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:30 pm

I quit reading the forums in general as soon as 1.0 launched. All I do is check GGG posts for mechanics explanations. Honestly I'd rather they try and maintain the wiki actually, that would be fantastic. the gamepedia wiki isn't the most reliable source of information lately.

Storm call's a pretty fun skill when you know how to properly support it. Definitely a skill to be mixed and matched with faceroll. Today I started a new shadow and ran him thru normal and got 7 chaos on the way, bought me some uniques for the crew. I even put storm call on my summoner, working out rather nicely.

I will say though this new season has a really awkward lineup of rewards, even if theyre all relatively useful. Altho the races are very fun, this season particularly its prone to zoomhack abusers who are just farming the living hell out of the race rewards and selling them off for rmt.
avatar
maskedmartyr
Gloom

Posts : 13
Country : ???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A discussion of Path of Exile's shortcomings.

Post by iwansquall on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:18 am

I tried garena server, i would say experience a bit better:

1. Economy is a bit haywire ATM, everything is still expensive. Simply said,most of stuff are around 2chaos.
2. Only standard / hardcore available, i just stick with standard since I sux.
3. Play with friend feel better, but I still feel VERY VERY SLUGGISH. It took a while to clear act1 with 2 ppl.
4. Less desync at least so far, connection much better than official SG server.
5. Trade chat is worst, there is one active mod at least in game.

But I dunno if I gonna enjoy PoE again though. I just played again because I got friend playing at same time.
avatar
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin
Posts : 2206
Country : Malaysia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A discussion of Path of Exile's shortcomings.

Post by Splift on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:25 am

Violentin wrote:snip

Wow, I was about to rely in another bullet quote style fashion, but it would go on blind eyes anyways. Most of what you say is generic responses that could apply to any ARPG (gear check and grindy games by nature) or MMO (grindy to prolong the end game).

Clearly you have large difficulties with this game. Desync is one thing, although that is largely based on location not everyone has the same unbearable experience that some people claim (I rarely notice it in fact). Stacking life is very important (duhhh ofc more ehp= better) but every extremely tanky char needs a healthy mix. As far as reflect goes, I have a hard time believing that you actually speak from personal experience. You are probably just regurgitating things you read from other people in the forums or maybe played one build that is extremely weak to reflect (like crit ek with low armor). For most builds reflect will never be a problem. For most of the ones that it actually is a problem, you don't experience those problems till later in the game when your damage is extremely high (unless you are doing something wrong). The grindiness of the game is honestly not that bad compared to any other mmo. Ofc the hardest gear in the game is hard to roll.

As far as your clam that you need insane gear checks or ridiculous grinding just to do merc..... I'll just leave this here

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/698071/page/1
avatar
Splift
Blood Stone

Posts : 209
Country : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum