A discussion of Path of Exile's shortcomings.

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A discussion of Path of Exile's shortcomings.

Post by hellgrind on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:35 pm

I say it once again. The whose AH system was good and have no influence on the game itself. This was just a better solution to save our time in terms of trading things. The problem was not the ah the problem was the whose drop system and this force us to "farm" gold or "playing" the AH instead of playing the game itself.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deak2112 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:31 pm

I tried PoE for a time. I thought they did really well on graphics, but that's about it. It was boring, my character felt like it was going nowhere, the skills just weren't that cool or eye candy. I am a D3 lover and I think Blizzard is moving it in the right direction, but lets be honest, Laz ruined ARPG's with MXL (In a good way). Everything else seems dull and inferior, at least those which I've tried.

Deak2112
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf1354 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:20 pm

How does one love Diablo 3? it's way too repetetive and has absolutely no replay value. I was psyched for the xpac, but after I fought the ubers for the first time a few months back, I haven't bothered with it at all.

As far as Laz goes with MXL, he didn't try and make something that was for an entire mass of millions of people hoping to make some money. He took a game to a level of his desires and people loved it, now these individuals have pre misconceptions of other games, in which they are fully right to. After playing MXL, I can't stand most other ARPG's any more, they don't have the "stuff" to keep me coming back. No other game, or mod for that matter, has kept me playing longer than MXL. The only exception would be final fantasy X, VII, VIII, and III/VI. You don't want to know how many hours I've logged between MXL and the mentioned FF games above.

PoE? This game is a joke, it tried to take the concept of revival of D2 and tried to make it feel like D3. It failed... miserably. The graphics aren't that great either, they feel choppy. It's almost an updated version of "perspective" view in D2, with an overhead feel like D3...

Lonewolf1354
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roflknife on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:52 pm

@Piggi wrote:
@Roflknife wrote:Even Blizzard has realised that removing the AH will only worsen the situation by forcing players into using dodgy 3rd party websites.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/17/4741452/blizzard-removing-gold-and-real-money-auction-houses-from-diablo-3

Self owned so hard.
DOSENT EVEN BOTHER TO READ THE SECOND PART OF MY POST

If you had instead of instantly kneejerking to "D3 REMOVING AH OP WRONG HAHAHAHA" you would have realised my post was addressing exactly that.

Diablo removed the AH but compromised with personalised loot.
They removed the AH only after reducing incentive to trade. Meanwhile in POE its still impossible to find useful gear because RNG sucks, loot is random, there is no crafting and basically no way progress.

Roflknife
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deak2112 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 pm

@Lonewolf1354 wrote:How does one love Diablo 3? it's way too repetetive and has absolutely no replay value. I was psyched for the xpac, but after I fought the ubers for the first time a few months back, I haven't bothered with it at all.
I'm one of those rare Diablo franchise fanboys. I've played D1 since '96. Messed around with mods and the vanilla very recently in fact. Sometimes I'll go back to vanilla D2 even, and have tried over a dozen mods. And yes, I love D3, and if they are ever able to mod it, ill play that too. Median XL, even without Ultimative, reigns supreme though.

As far as Laz goes with MXL, he didn't try and make something that was for an entire mass of millions of people hoping to make some money. He took a game to a level of his desires and people loved it, now these individuals have pre misconceptions of other games, in which they are fully right to. After playing MXL, I can't stand most other ARPG's any more, they don't have the "stuff" to keep me coming back.
Exactly, the goal of mass appeal usually leaves the elite gamers wanting.

Last edited by Deak2112 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deak2112
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf1354 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:14 pm

I myself have also played since '96. I just can't bother with D3 anymore, it feels disappointing to even say that honestly...

As far as modding D3, I won't hold my breath as I'm sure it would take immense amount more time to program. I'd imagine that the file system is much more complex with the new engine and all...

Lonewolf1354
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:41 am

1hour on PoE seem kinda meh compared to Titan Quest.

Luckily my lab internet doesnt block game port yet Razz
It seem doesnt required internet bandwidth much, which played kinda like mmorpg rather than dota2.

So many questions I got, but I rather figure it later myself.
But mechanic wise, missing couple of important basic one (sorting inventory, tutorial not explained well)

I can still handle the de-sync (assuming it about rubber-banding) since I experienced that a lot in old MMORPG like ragnarok online.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:44 am

just one thing, evade is not RNG. If you 25%chance to evade, you will actually evade one attack every 4 attacks.

And the stronger the attack you receive, the less the armor will reduce damage.

So basically: evade good against strong single target
armor good against multiple weak ennemies

And life leech only returns at most 20% of your max life per second if you don't have picked Vaal Pact

zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:38 pm

"failed to connect into instances"

that probably gonna hold me from playing during peak hours.

Somehow I feel clueless regarding item progress.
Using only 2 of my skill most of the time.
Playing with 1 hand.
Thinking either I should buy that item or not (is there refund thingy?)

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:31 pm

You will never have to use more than 2 skills Very Happy

zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum