Which is better

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which is better

Post by Olly on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:15 pm

Enhanced Weapon Damage or Enhanced Damage? I dont really notice any damage difference when using something like Akarat's tread however I do notice it when wearing something like Eternal Body armor.

Olly
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which is better

Post by Quirinus on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:54 am

depends. if you have a lot of base damage, EWD is better, if not, it's the other way around.

on endgame characters usually EWD is better for % than ED.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:55 pm

afaik ed is usually better just because you have less access to it. Any wdm char will get huge ewd multipliers from stats alone with other sources on top of that. If you already have like 1500+ ewd then adding another chunk on it wont be too noticeable, naturally.

Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:37 pm

I totaly agree with Quirinus, but what Splift said is not entirely wrong. I personally never put EWD MO's in weapons, cause there's always more useful MO's to put in a weapon. EWD that I have are usually only those from charms.

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:55 pm

@shenron276 wrote:I totaly agree with Quirinus, but what Splift said is not entirely wrong. I personally never put EWD MO's in weapons, cause there's always more useful MO's to put in a weapon. EWD that I have are usually only those from charms.
That pretty much confirms what I said lol. Getting 350%+ ed is a must on every weapon and adding ewd is meh.

Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:35 pm

@Splift wrote:That pretty much confirms what I said lol. Getting 350%+ ed is a must on every weapon and adding ewd is meh.
The point is that EWD gets more beneficial at SOME end-game chars. But, there's almost always better to apply other MO's to weapon than EWD. All in all, I agree with you Splift, that it is generally good idea to go for 350% ED on weapons. I like melee chars, so that's the reason my opinion is the way it is.

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:30 am

The big difference is that the EWD mo you put on weapons will be applied after any ED from other sources and is thereby multiplicative with those sources of ED. It will also multiply the effects of any off weapon flat ed (except TTAD which is figured after everything else)

So, if you have a lot of off weapon %ED/Flat ED then EWD > ED, if not then you will probably get more out of ED.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:05 am

there's no really discussing about "ED" or "EWD". The answer is ED, 100%.

Why would you get EWD when
a) Only your weapon has access to %ED.
b) laek / max damage are better than EWD, and in some cases they are even better than ED.
c) EWD doesn't synergize with EWD, and it does synergize with ED.
d) Small weapons, aka the ones that don't benefit from ED a lot, usually don't come with a lot of flat damage.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:18 am

In most practical cases ed is better. If you have a really low phys damage weapon and get massive off weapon sources then it can happen but usually your weapons damage overshadows every other source when it comes to physical damage.

Also just think of the math of it, many chars will have well over a thousand ewd from stats etc and only a few hundred ed. If you can choose to add a set amount to either side say 200%, then adding it to ed would be better. In multiplication if you can add a set amount to either side of the equation then adding it to the lower side will yield a higher answer.

Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum