A question about minion resistance.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A question about minion resistance.

Post by deathbyplauge on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:54 pm

According to the documentation, minions get 75% resists at level 5, and the +minion resistance item modifier is additive with it. My concern is that maphack tells me my cold elemental minions have 100% cold resist and 35% dr (25 from aura and 10 from power armor passive). I have 10% minion resist on my weapon and the minions are base level 4. Is it just reporting their resistances wrong? Is there someone about the way minions are handled in median that makes resistances not show up in the same way as for a hireling or something?

deathbyplauge
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A question about minion resistance.

Post by x01001010 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:02 am

If I'm not mistaken Ice Elementals are cold immune, because they just are (like elementals in a3 sewers). It's similar to Acid Fiends being immune to poison and necro minions to magic. This is their property.
Basically your Ice Elementals have: 60% allres (4*15% from levels) + 10% allres from equipment. So they have 70% allres in Hatred and 100% cold res from being themselves.

This is just speculation, so don't take it for granted.

x01001010
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deathbyplauge on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:36 am

Well, that is what I would think given the documentation surrounding summons, but I just want to know why maphack doesn't display those resistances. It might just be a quirk of how the game is modded. I would be ok with that explanation, I just want someone who can confirm it.

deathbyplauge
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:24 am

Every minion gains +15% to all resistances per skill level, capping at +75% at level 5. Items with +% minion resists, as well as curses with -% resists, are applied at the end.
Totems are the exception, they have 0% base resists at all levels and difficulties, and do not benefit from +% minion resists. Lower Resist affects them, though.

In Hatred with +0% minion resists, minions have 75% resists.
In Hatred with +75% or more minion resists, minions have 150% resists.
In Terror with +0% minion resists, minions have 25% resists.
In Terror with +75% or more minion resists, minions have 100% resists.
In Destruction with +0% minion resists, minions have -25% resists.
In Destruction with +75% or more minion resists, minions have 50% resists.

Also some minions are immune to some elements:
ice elements (Ice), fire elements (fire), acin fiends (poison), every necro summon (magic), barb summon (phys and magic i think)
And, if your mh shows you 100% res on something that mean it's immune to that.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:45 am

Barb summons are immune to pioson.

Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deathbyplauge on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Yeah I understand how resists are supposed to work. I'm just trying to figure out what the interaction between the item stat and minions is and how it's applied. Like an in depth explanation from someone with modding experience that understands how the fields in skills.txt applies these things and can offer a possible explanation for why the stat wouldn't show up when examining a minion. What I want to do is get enough resists to make them immune in hatred. From my point of view, choosing unsummon should display a minion with immunity to all elements instead of the innate one even without maphack.

deathbyplauge
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:50 pm

I think +minion stats work as aura (or buff) and it apply to all of your allies. And you can't make minions immune even if you have +1kk to minion res.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deathbyplauge on Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Well, I guess I just had to prove it to myself and I did. Even though maphack doesn't show the resists they must be there. I had a level 40ish necro with a bunch of summons that almost instantly die to the baalspawn dragon. After I equipped 25% resist, they don't take any damage. It's just weird to me that it doesn't show up. Oh well.

deathbyplauge
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum