New Guy Here

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Guy Here

Post by DrZombie on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:31 am

Sup guys, I just started playing Median XL for the first time a couple days ago in single player, and I gotta say... I have no idea what the hell I'm doing xD

Not. Even. One.

So I made a necromancer, and he currently is level 33ish with some (what I think) decent gear. Hes in A3, and not dieing very much at all (Until I ran into a Dragon guy who kicked my ass) I got to say though, I like all the new skills and different character skill trees I've read about, but I seriously dont know what I'm doing at all. I've read a couple guides here, and attempted one of the uber dungeons, (the one in halls of the dead) and got my ass kicked there too xD

So I guess what I'm getting at is are there certain things I should be doing at certain levels to benefit myself?

Also, is there any form of multiplayer server for this game?

Thanks for any help.
Dr Zombie

DrZombie
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Guy Here

Post by IxIRevulsion on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:46 am

Welcome to the forum and the classic that is Median.

You can find the TSW realm for multiplayer here: http://tsw.vn.cz/

As for your original question, level wise you'll want to benefit your self with the level challenges at level 5, 50, 60, 70 and 90 and the Ennead challenge at 80...where as the level is the max level you can be before the challenge is unavailable, so I highly recommend doing it a couple levels before the cap.

You can find the documentation here to explain all the challenges and additions here: http://www.medianxl.com/t2116-mxl-ultimative-v7-html-documentation-v23pre

IxIRevulsion
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:54 am

Lol, a first time poster helping out a first time poster. Guess we have quite a few lurkers around here Very Happy .

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by IxIRevulsion on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:00 am

@taem wrote:Lol, a first time poster helping out a first time poster. Guess we have quite a few lurkers around here Very Happy.
Perhaps Very Happy. I've been around since Median was first released many years ago, just never officially made my way to the new forum after the original went it's way.

IxIRevulsion
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrZombie on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:28 am

@IxIRevulsion wrote:
As for your original question, level wise you'll want to benefit your self with the level challenges at level 5, 50, 60, 70 and 90 and the Ennead challenge at 80...where as the level is the max level you can be before the challenge is unavailable, so I highly recommend doing it a couple levels before the cap.

Where can i find more info on these? Especially the level 5 challenge?

DrZombie
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IxIRevulsion on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:40 am

@DrZombie wrote:
@IxIRevulsion wrote:
Where can i find more info on these? Especially the level 5 challenge?
At the bottom of the first reply I gave you theirs a link to the online documentation, but i'll link it again.

http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/

Just go to the challenges section.

IxIRevulsion
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrZombie on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:56 am

Tried this, nothing happened when cubing statue with heal potion

DrZombie
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IxIRevulsion on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:02 am

@DrZombie wrote:Tried this, nothing happened when cubing statue with heal potion
Take the starting statue and cube it with any healing potion and it'll gain a Level Challenge 0 skill.

My only other thought would be is that your not running the Ultimative edition of Median XL, but the original.

IxIRevulsion
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:44 am

see the [download] link above the forum posts. download that.

also, don't do uberquests unless you've beaten (well, maybe not baal) the hardest difficulty (or unless you know what you're doing).

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:31 pm

@Quirinus wrote:see the [download] link above the forum posts. download that.

also, don't do uberquests unless you've beaten (well, maybe not baal) the hardest difficulty (or unless you know what you're doing).
Except those Level Challenges like LCII (Tal Rasha in 90)
And yeah, you need READ the docs, Iwansquall guide, wow123400's challenges and gameplay guide, and finally the "all challenges" guide maked by MarconecroX(player and modder here). With that information your game will be greatly improved. The gap between d2 vanilla and median is huge.
Also, play an "untwinked" char, maybe barb, or paladin. Assasins are the best class at momento BUT their gameplay is difficult to understand, specially if you're a newb...There's a great unholy caster guide here, some barbs guides, 1 GREAT GUIDE FOR SORC(MarconecroX), and a few very good assasins guides....

Cheers!

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum