Post by zerger on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:43 am

There will be a hard mode....as if normal boss was too simple -_-
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Faster Than Light

Post by RAD-82 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:13 pm

I made a new Stealth Interceptor that is permanently shieldless.

Hanger Image - BD-SI-87 forum post

I'm not usually a masochist like that, but for some reason, I did make it and try it out.  Here is my unlikely victory!

RAD-82
Bone Sorcerer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RAD-82 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:58 am

Release date for the Advanced Edition expansion has been revealed to be April 3rd: http://www.ftlgame.com/?p=688

Since my last post, I have done a few more things.  Rather than add new links to the first post for my new ships, I've replaced those links with a single link to a list with all of my mods.  It has a few things I haven't mentioned here.

Hanger Image - Bahamut forum post

I made a ship that shoots big fireballs.  There is no fear of having them reflected* back at you in this game.

*Final Fantasy 4 reference, maybe even 5?

edit:  This should be my last ship for some time, since I'll need to update my previous ones for Advanced Edition

Hanger Image - Resonance forum post
RAD-82
Bone Sorcerer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:20 pm

I love this new upate but the game is freaking hard now :O

I still managed to beat the game in easy with quadri laser + 2 x triple laser :p
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RAD-82 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:04 pm

I haven't quite had a chance to play vanilla AE yet.  I've been busy updating my mods.  I've only done one run on normal with my updated Dead-Tail, and it was a loss at the end of sector 6 because I gave away all of my fuel and got caught by the rebels.  My firepower was lacking, so I couldn't defeat any elite fighters for fuel.

I have made a new ship, plus added another turtle to a previous mod.

Hanger Image - The Incinerator forum post

This one likes to burn things. Twisted Evil
RAD-82
Bone Sorcerer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Laz on Thu May 08, 2014 9:12 pm

^Cool, will try. Smile

Welp.

Installed FTL, Captain's Edition, picked Engi 2. Whee. Found out it has no cameras and one crew member. Okay.

First jump -> ended up next to a sun. Pirate lost easily, then I tried to put out all the fires with my one crew member. Sun went off again, shields down, entire ship on fire. (I think. No cameras) Jumped out asap. Into another sun. Boom. GG.

Respawn. Do well for one sector, then sacrifice all of my scrap to summon an AI avatar. Of course I instead get two hostiles which kill my AP drone and crew member. GG.

>_<
Brother Laz
Care Bear

Flying Polar Buffalo Error

View user profile http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Fri May 09, 2014 8:48 am

Brother Laz wrote:^Cool, will try. Smile

First jump -> ended up next to a sun. Pirate lost easily, then I tried to put out all the fires with my one crew member. Sun went off again, shields down, entire ship on fire. (I think. No cameras) Jumped out asap. Into another sun. Boom. GG.

Engi B starts with 2 repairing drones which can take care of fire ! Razz You can also open all the doors except the one where your unique member is

Also played Engi B in normal yesterday: 4 shields + drone defense mark II + drone defense Mark I + Drone anti-combat drone + ion negator (50% to resist to ion) ===> Tank
I died at last boss step as I only had 4HP and couldn't repair before he reach the base

The free extension is really amazing ! Much more possibilities

Engi B is interesting but you really need to find strong weapon asap. I did well with halberd beam + ion bomb
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Laz on Fri May 09, 2014 11:27 pm

Tried again twice.

Lost a very good Zoltan A to a sun and a wimpy mantis that only managed to port in boarders to damage the doors. While I was fighting off the boarders, the sun went off and set the engine on fire. I couldn't go put out the fire because there were mantises breaking my stuff. I couldn't vent the fire or asphyxiate the boarders because the doors were busted. I couldn't repair the doors because the mantises were in the room. And I couldn't warp out because the engine was on fire. By the time I managed to hit and run kill them and repair the door and two solar flares later, half of the ship was on fire and I kersploded before it could vent. Bleh.

Restarted, decided I wouldn't fall for the same cheese again. Picked federation B, vented the entire ship except for the rooms with people in them and the medbay, and posted the lanius in the oxygen room, then added fire suppression. EAT IT BOARDERS. Got lucky with the augment that grants 50% chance to not use up a missile, so roflstomped for 6 sectors by spamming short cooldown Asteria missiles at their shields and weapons and then stunlocking the repairs on both with laser spam or more missiles. Then 3 missiles and 2 dual Q burst shots all missed in a row and I died, having landed 0 hits on the hull of some dumb little mid class rebel.

It appears that the game is a race against time to beat it before you get thrown an MSLEB and die due to terrible luck. Or perhaps I should find the ship with the most starting lanii on it, throw everyone else out the airlock and vent everything. Let's call it the Y.O.L.O.
Brother Laz
Care Bear

Flying Polar Buffalo Error

View user profile http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/

Back to top Go down

Post by RAD-82 on Sat May 10, 2014 2:24 am

Captain's Edition doesn't appeal to me.  I pay a little attention to it on the forum in case there is anything interesting being talked about, but I don't think I'll ever try it.

I just released my first Lanius ship today.  It focuses on using fire beams, so it doesn't have much for doing direct damage.  It starts without oxygen. Razz

Hanger Image - Hades forum post
RAD-82
Bone Sorcerer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Mon May 12, 2014 8:41 am

@Laz, do you play easy or normal?

The huge issue with this game is that the boss requiers specific builds if you want to kill him. You can roflstomp the 6 first sectors but I you didn't prepare your ship for bossfight, you played for nothing.

The luck is also important in this game (having a lot of money but no or shitty store during many sectors, having a fire/teleport guys strategy but always fighting scout ships,...) but most of the loses are due to bad decisions.

Good doors + mental control counter intruders very well (and highest level of doors also counter fire and O2 propagation, for me, it should always be upgraded regurlarly). Don't forget doors can be manned !!!

If you have issue with laser missing a lot, mental control on the cockpit guy should at least reduce the miss chance by 2 (supposing they have auto-pilot) as he won't be piloting anymore

Venting the ship on all room except the ones with people is risky. A simple breach or missile on O2 room will kill your guys in a few seconds as you will travel with only 20% of O2. I think it is better to wait for intruders then opening the rights doors

I think Zoltan A fit you the best, its innate shield blocks a lot of things like intruders.
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum