what happened to torchlight/?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: what happened to torchlight/?

Post by Marquise on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:15 pm

You should download the mod and start a new character. Its much better then the core game. It gives everything that the core game lacks. If you are not a masohist type of player you shud try on a reduced difficulty. Also check out this vid at YT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZstR4jCKY8
Marquise
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frytas on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:45 pm

I played it for like an hour and I'm not sure what I should do. There's a guy which can take me to some new area,and from there I have access to any town/act,so doing quests doesn't seem to make as much sense as in vanilla; I went for the green portal leveling area instad,I found a shitload of unique and rare items there(full clear)and also got to lvl 8,then I went through another portal,and I guess it's going to be pretty much the same thing except with different terrain and adjusted enemy level.

I picked the Necromancer and currently my skeleton is completely worthless,he doesn't do shit and dies really quickly in this leveling area,and I'm not even on Elite,just Veteran. The bone missiles thingy though,this is where it's at. But it still feels like playing a weaker Embermage who focuses on poison damage so far. I'm looking forward for higher level minions though,there's a Spectral dragon and a Lich,I hope these are better than those poor skeletons.

Also there's 2 passives which I'm unsure about,one of them is pretty much ctc poison nova on kill,but it doesn't seem to work with my main spell so I just respec'd,and the other one is supposed to give me some sort of an aura(deals poison damage,reduces enemy poison resist and armor)but I can't really tell if it works at all.
Frytas
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marquise on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Cant say anything about Necro coz havent tried it yet , also never used the lvl-ing area. The End game content is the best bcz of the tougher enemies , many areas , epic loot etc.
Marquise
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:59 pm

@Roflknife wrote:Could you elaborate a bit more on the bit i quoted?
I just didn't feel in full possession of my character.
There is a small delay between you pressing the skill and your avatar actually using it; this was enough to piss me off.
Most skills have messy effects, coupled with the already messy textures (due to the cartoonish style) and monsters, which make things hard to discern.

It's definitely a pretty fun game overall, although it seems like I just diss it.
I think it just didn't come at the right time, and without several key features mandatory for a game to survive in this genre.
Helix
Doom Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roflknife on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:59 am

@Helix wrote:
@Roflknife wrote:Could you elaborate a bit more on the bit i quoted?
I just didn't feel in full possession of my character.
There is a small delay between you pressing the skill and your avatar actually using it; this was enough to piss me off.
Most skills have messy effects, coupled with the already messy textures (due to the cartoonish style) and monsters, which make things hard to discern.

It's definitely a pretty fun game overall, although it seems like I just diss it.
I think it just didn't come at the right time, and without several key features mandatory for a game to survive in this genre.
I think MXL is the king of messy effects with a million proc tornados everywhere lol Very Happy

What were those key features?
I'm guessing legit PVP and multiplayer was one/
Roflknife
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:20 pm

mod installed, let's see what it looks like !
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Ok I played Synjergies a few hours, game is much harder, more dynamic and no slowdown noticed Smile
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rexxar on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:48 pm

@zerger

I've tried it once and I've really enjoyed it.

Maybe I could play it again.

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Synergies sound good.

I just hope they fix the problem with DEX + ranged weapon because having ranged weapon that required dex, which have severe diminishing return on outlander class that "killed" the game to me.

Those hardest encounter on elite and insta-gib is still manage-able to me.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum