Seeking Knowledge about Melee-based Sorcs

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seeking Knowledge about Melee-based Sorcs

Post by AboveGodlike on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:43 am

Hello Everyone.

As you might have guessed I'm playing a Melee-sorc (HC)

I'm about to kill Baal on Terror and seeks knowledge about what to improve about my build 'cause I drop in health FAST and only stay alive by spamming Eso Moon Symbols.

This is my build so far: Skillplan  (Sorceress, 2012 v005) (I'm playing Ultimative 7 Though)

The only thins I don't like losing would be Moon Symbols - So can change elements if I've chosen some bad ones for my current stage situation of the game.

My gear is as follows (could be upgraded and might be soon) -> feel free to bring ideas to new and better gear choices:
Sacred Cap (Witch Hunter)
T6 Ceremonial Armor (Wedding Dress of the Zann)
T6 Kite Shield (Banner of Duncraig)
T6 Chain Boots (Lionpaw)
T6 Heavy Gloves  (Toorch's Gift) -> it's proc kinda keeps me alive :/
T1 Light Belt (Honorific) = 144% Ress All
- All sockets filled with Perf'  Amethysts/Io runes

Runeworded (Azrael) T6 Warp Blade:
70% Attack Speed
40% Faster Cast Rate
30% Faster Block Rate
15% Faster Hit Recovery
510% ED
300 Life on Strike in Melee
387 Life
220 Maximum Damage
50 STR
6% Dex
66% Fire ress
28% Light ress
- No Twinking available

Any Ideas on Strong areas to farm with my current build (signets/umos/SUs) or what to change/upgrade with it. As said earlier item-suggestions is welcome aswell. I've wondered myself if Cold could provide something or I should try and add Daystar Summons to my rings/neckless and boost their damage with Firedance.

Craftable wise I got a Sacred Ceremonial, Sacret Spiked Shield, Sacret Boots and Gloves -> any suggestions to what would be best to craft on? I thought about gloves for stormblast on proc but don't know if it can spawn on a ZOMG ilvl or 99 only.

Secondary Questions:
What monsters pierce my resistances?
- With that knowledge I could let go of the T1 Light Belt and use Deadfall in it's place.

Is it normal to switch to Spiral Dance instead of using Bladestorm lategame for life leech? or can I continue to use Bladestorm?

Things I have to avoid atm:
Act 2 Fire Fairy Veterans
Act 3 Firebloods
Act 5 Stonehammer Demons
Act 5 Detonaters
- Suggestions to improve these fights are welcome.

Does Uninterubtable Attack effect my block animation aswell as hit recovery stage etc? 'cause I block quite alot atm and I have to keep hitting to earn life.

AboveGodlike
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seeking Knowledge about Melee-based Sorcs

Post by Splift on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:26 pm

IMO lightning cold is better to start with because you get very good summons to tank, ice queen adds some very good defense (like weaing a second chest armor) to make up for your low eq, also that defense has synergy with warp armor and the % life on it will make a big difference now as well since you don't have much % life from charms. The summons will be 10x more valuable for you since you are hardcore. Just remember that against baal himself your summons will make him spawn tons of his own summons unless you draw his aggro on yourself.

Going fire for living flame is great, but it really only begins to shine in the lategame because the skill has increasing returns + getting more life multipliers from eq and charms.
Secondary Questions:
What monsters pierce my resistances?
- With that knowledge I could let go of the T1 Light Belt and use Deadfall in it's place.
Use deadfall anyways, if you need to ditch something for an honourific, ditch the lionpaw. Also if you do go ice, you might find you no longer need the proc from tu heavy gloves and could swap to tu light gauntlets for the godly crucify proc (or just go straight to a craft).
Craftable wise I got a Sacred Ceremonial, Sacret Spiked Shield, Sacret Boots and Gloves -> any suggestions to what would be best to craft on? I thought about gloves for stormblast on proc but don't know if it can spawn on a ZOMG ilvl or 99 only.
Craft boots first since that is the weakest slot (zomg craft). Procs do not appear on zomg crafts. Personally I would make a dragonheart out of your sacred ceremonial or perhaps an erawan if you feel your defense is high enough (later on in ubers the dragonhearts defense will help a lot more).
Is it normal to switch to Spiral Dance instead of using Bladestorm lategame for life leech? or can I continue to use Bladestorm?
If you want to leech then you have the option to just add 1 point to bladestorm to maximize the physical damage you do (leech only works with phys). In order to get a good amount of leech you will need a very high phys damage weapon and tons of leech mo'ed onto your eq. Most sorc in the endgame will rely on life on hit and life on kill to fill their life and go elemental flat damage and procs. To go phys+ leech the best way afaik is to craft a warp blade with the highest flat damage boost and ed you can get and mo 60% leech onto it to start. You will probably want even more leech from jewels (ber craft jewels i think?) and other eq.

Phys damage + leech will certianly give you more survivability (which you want since you are hardcore) because you will still have all the life on hit and kill a regular sorc has + the leech. But obviously you lose some of the damage diversity.

Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:22 pm

The typical company line is that spiral dance is good for very large, compact mobs while bladestorm loses effectiveness in larger groups because of the nature of both. To be perfectly honest both are usually fine if you can do enough damage so pick your favorite and go with it.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:57 pm

@AboveGodlike wrote:Is it normal to switch to Spiral Dance instead of using Bladestorm lategame for life leech? or can I continue to use Bladestorm?
Well, you have "175 life on melee attack" from Baneblade... Add as much life on striking as you can, and reach 180 IAS (max, breakpoint) and you'll hit 5 times per second... In combo with Living Flame, you should be almost unkillable... Spiral Dance is faster but deals less damage, while Bladestorm is slower but deals more damage (it's a matter of your gameplay style, really)... With lightning/cold combination you can have over over 700-800k defense (if you smax WA, SQ and just 1-point Ice Elementals Very Happy)... With fire tree, you have way more survivability... Sorc skill tree is really balanced, I must admit... There's no "wrong" skill placement, it's all matter of gameplay stlye, as I said before...

EDIT: It seems that having just 14% IAS (according to Xplosive) already gives 5 hits per second, when using warp blade (like you'll use anything else with melee sorc Very Happy )... Speed calculator says 180 IAS, for 5 frames per attack (5 hits per second) but that is for "1H swing", and that probably is the case with other one-handed weapons, I guess... That's obviously not the case when wielding warp blade (I tested it), cause apparently warp blade is lightning fast by default...

Last edited by shenron276 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction of false statement)

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AboveGodlike on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Thanks for all your helpful responses to my post. A couple of questions stayed unanswared but no worries. However WHEN anyone of you find the time I would really like to know which mobs pierce my resistances.
Besides Tal Rasha and QV.

AboveGodlike
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:25 am

The bird girls that are in wsk cast a lower resist curse on death.

The bugs that mahsvatta summons lower your maximum resist (I think its maximum resist).

The baal that sits on the throne in the throne of destruction (the unkillable one) has an aura that lowers your max resists in destruction and possibly other difficulties as well.

The boss in duncraig pierces fire.

Thats all I can think of atm but for sure there is more.

Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:25 am

@Splift wrote:The bird girls that are in wsk cast a lower resist curse on death.

The bugs that mahsvatta summons lower your maximum resist (I think its maximum resist).

The baal that sits on the throne in the throne of destruction (the unkillable one) has an aura that lowers your max resists in destruction and possibly other difficulties as well.

The boss in duncraig pierces fire.

Thats all I can think of atm but for sure there is more.
There's a lot more.
for example, a typical elite mob in dest might have like 75% pierce, like the frogs that use several novas on death.

easy tip - always have some stacked res... Pgems are good because they give you 2% max res and a nice stack of extra 20% res.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AboveGodlike on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:46 am

Thanks for the information guys. I'll use it wisely.

AboveGodlike
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brosiris on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:01 am

legacy shaula

Brosiris
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nodoubt0322 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:00 pm

I got 6 lv120 hc chars in TSW this season and was working on last char assassin now. I have to said that this game is extreme hard for melee char especially for HC. I've tried some uber in softcore with tu and rw under 50. I've solved most of easy and mid-level uber with that gear.
In my opinion, physical damage is very good when you are at very late game gear, but it is weak when you just hit lv120 and start the destruction journey. You don't have many good physical damage type gears to choose and you don't have very good states(I am talking about you got 4000,even 6000 dex). So element damage atm is the best choice I think.
Here are my gears list

weapon : rw xar --high %life,ele damage, -% poison cold resist, ctc
             mo miasma
shield :rw lem -- lv44 Carpet of Spiders , a lot of mo space
belt : tu heavy belt -- best choice as always.
     : rw vith -- dr% for defence
glove: tu heavy glove -- nice ctc , cold damage ,stun attack
helm : rw yul -- poison damage, +1skill, ctc
         +3 skills craft is also nice here. We need the double mo effect
boot : %dex craft--We need mo spaces to cover -% resist and summon stats
armor:craft one with acid fiends -- acid fiends got aura that increases you element damage ,attack speed , and move speed.
switch :staff --+12 sor skills, good summon stats

hiring a5 barbarian
weapon : tu Falchion --ctc sor ,mo Life on Striking in Melee,miasma
helm : rw yul
armor: tu Scale Mail -- Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
belt : tu heavy belt
glove : tu heavy glove
boot : rw cham -- ctc sor

The barbarian hiring got very high str base which make his shower of rock damage insane. With acid fiends and ice element aura , he kills like crazy. This build got a lot magic skills and make me feel lag sometimes(well, my computer is not that good anyway). I've solve some ubers liike Assault on Mount Arreat , Lord Aldric Jitan ,Judgment Day , Island of the Sunless Sea , and Tran Athulua with my army and I just Jitan’s Gate to make them fight. I just stand there and summon them because I feel lag or dangerous. And the barbarian will do the job. Yes , he kills them all

skills plan
go lightning/cold skill tree
CHRONOFIELD instead of  BANEBLADE
% slow target is a very very good denfence skill that make you very easy to handle many situation and  your main damage resource is element.

One point to BLADESTORM and few points to MOONSTRIKE to max life.  So we will have extra point to smax FAMILIAR and some point into nove charge.

mo summon stats is very important. They tank everything for you. +75% summon resistance is necessary

Hope this help and sorry for my English xd

nodoubt0322
Ice Clan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum