More amazon discussions

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More amazon discussions

Post by zaphodbrx on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:19 pm

I found that my previous thread was locked due to a large amount of off topic chit chat and flaming.

Plz do not bring that into this thread. I am looking for help, that's all.

Continuing on..

I did the judgement day quest yesterday. It is quite easy with the SOV cheese. Stay out of range of the earthquakes and not have any one of them attack you and everything is fine. I got the charm, bonus from killing the two bosses and also trophy. Thanks to whoever gave that tip. Just curious, how is it changed in ultimative? I don't know how difficult it must be without the cheese, pretty hard I expect. Due to all the enemies hitting you and the earthquakes and nuclear launches but the SOV just tanks everything cause its invulnerable lolz.

Next thing, I changed some of my equipment. Equipped danmaku and a new crafted maiden javelin with around 800 dmg and -ecr from mystic orbs and rainbow stones for crushing blow. The procs from danmaku were kind of nice generally but not really a big difference. Certainly not good against Jitan, he heals too much. Question: if single target nuke needed for Jitan, what's the best way to do that? Cause I also have a second character, a druid levelled to about lvl 90 ( terror ). How about pounce?

I also managed to kill Primus a couple of times but no charm. The whole place is a mess, with SOV reanimates and gore crawlers coming back to life, and those tracking blades from the boss. I wonder if it might not be a better idea to simply pounce the boss with a spearazon?

I also maxed dexterity this time. It was a disaster, because it increases my block rate and my block speed is too slow, I get block locked and die. I think if strength also increases dmg, I would opt for maxing str rather than dex. ( not sure about this )

Question about skills is not really ambiguous. In D2 +skills were definitely not an end all or be all, they were only that way for casters because their spells was on an increasing damage basis, while it was a flat increase for physical abilities and you got better bonuses from off weapon ed like fortitude.

Ok here's an example. I found a ring called 'seal of Nephalem kings' yesterday, and had another one called ring of kharos or something, both give +2 skills so I am wondering if I should replace my empyrean bands with either of them.

Edit: ok lets do this with numbers.
In D2, getting +2 strafe resulted in 10% more ED.
Getting 10 dex resulted in 10% more ed.
So no one stacked skills on a strafe zon, because it is much better to get dex items. Also 300% ed from fortitude.

As an aside: I downloaded a zip called median xl v 005 but the trophy in game on creating new character says 004. Why the discrepancy?

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More amazon discussions

Post by GregMXL on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Judgement Day's a bitch for melee characters. Need a good source of summons there that can stay alive. In regards to Primus, try rushing to him right away and use Enfilade on him while drinking pots. I wouldn't use Seal of Kharos ring unless I was a Bloodzon because of the life drain. Jitan can be done in less than 30 seconds with a Traprat. Ring-wise I'd get some +skill ones with dex,ll and a nice on kill proc.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:36 pm

@zaphodbrx wrote:
Next thing, I changed some of my equipment. Equipped danmaku and a new crafted maiden javelin with around 800 dmg and -ecr from mystic orbs and rainbow stones for crushing blow. The procs from danmaku were kind of nice generally but not really a big difference. Certainly not good against Jitan, he heals too much. Question: if single target nuke needed for Jitan, what's the best way to do that? Cause I also have a second character, a druid levelled to about lvl 90 ( terror ). How about pounce?
If you still have problems with killing jitan's just dont do it now. Get better gear and than do it. You can have source of teleport from Pax Mystica rw (Nef in staves). And also, dont switch to pounce, if you can't kill him with enfilade+fairyring than with pounce without pretty good gear you wouldn't even touch him.
@zaphodbrx wrote:I also managed to kill Primus a couple of times but no charm. The whole place is a mess, with SOV reanimates and gore crawlers coming back to life, and those tracking blades from the boss. I wonder if it might not be a better idea to simply pounce the boss with a spearazon?
Keep trying, he will drop his charm.
@zaphodbrx wrote:I also maxed dexterity this time. It was a disaster, because it increases my block rate and my block speed is too slow, I get block locked and die. I think if strength also increases dmg, I would opt for maxing str rather than dex. (not sure about this)
Oh pls don't do this, you will regret it. Dex is you best friend.
@zaphodbrx wrote:Question about skills is not really ambiguous. In D2 +skills were definitely not an end all or be all, they were only that way for casters because their spells was on an increasing damage basis, while it was a flat increase for physical abilities and you got better bonuses from off weapon ed like fortitude.
Ok here's an example. I found a ring called 'seal of Nephalem kings' yesterday, and had another one called ring of kharos or something, both give +2 skills so I am wondering if I should replace my empyrean bands with either of them.
It's good to have +skill and you can change 1 ring to that with +skill imo.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:28 pm

If you are having issues with block rate you can use rare/crafted jewels that have 15% faster block rate on them or you can use faster block rate mystic orbs. Consult the speed calc for block rate breakpoints. http://www.medianxl.com/t55-speed-calculator-in-java

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Ok, I managed to do Primus with a spearazon. Just pounce the gore crawlers, lure him out and kill him. It doesn't work well when he is cursed or stone skin. But I managed to get the charm.

I also managed to do Jitan somehow, spamming fairy ring and enfilade. I still don't know exactly how, I could not do it later on and not with a spearazon either. But he dropped the charm the first time xD

QT is next on the list. This time I'm stacking psn res as well.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Don't bother with psn res. Just avoid those acid clouds and you'll be fine.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:50 pm

@hellgrind wrote:Don't bother with psn res. Just avoid those acid clouds and you'll be fine.
Well there's really nothing else to gear for other than damage so he may as well. I don't get the whole reluctance to stack poison res on him that everyone has.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Cause that poison is easy to dodge,not like others that just auto shooting at you

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:43 am

well i will try to explain all, in polite and simple way atm.

1) judgement day is not hard as people think, cause dark nephalems cant kill you with tremor(it never kills)... when your hp set to 1 or low never get panic you will never die if your summons while there.
in ultimative there is 1 diff about that quest, which is; 2 bosses has some imm to all but its no heroic shield, so you need a bit more dmg than its used to have.
conclusion, you need a bit more dmg to kill 2 bosses, rest of the uber is already same..

2) let me explain jitan uber for you, jitan guardsman are cake dont wanna put some effort here to explain, they die so easy. well ofc they spam singularity after death which is so easy to avoid.. isnt it ?
iirc you can use guardsman corpse to spam fairy ring(i might be wrong atm i never struggle in this uber) or your cheesecaker friend sov is there to spam corpses for your fairy ring.
- jitan himself is imm to psn so curare is not helpfull here. and he heals by invisible vampiric icon, i mean if you stand in same spot or any summon reanimate he can heal forever in that spot-tbh even it heals like maniac you can still kill him with heavy dmg- he also spam infinite times of guard towers which is also pancake for java cause you have max block(you should) + moonbeam gives you free %50 dr + regen!.. well this part was the explanation of uber mechanics.
tbh jitan must be cake with just enfilade, i mean it should be.

- in this part i will be a bit rude, well it seems you didnt even read my post even once correctly.. i wrote spellbing 1 mil times in that topic i am sure of that. dark summoning has 5 sec spell timer, after that you can use spellbind to curse jitan and send him to hell easy..
---> spellbind + enfilade or fairy ring(if you have corpse around there) is simple profit for all uber for java.. even hardest ones cant deal with java.
people might think java is epic farmer(prob she is best) on the other hand for me java is also absoulte boss killer in this game. spellbind + enfilade + sov + fairy ring + maybe hellrain and -pierce BYE BYE all heroics in this game...
ps: pwnce vs jitan is also doable but if you fail with java i am %100 sure you cant do it with pwnce.. so just try it with java.

3) crafted javelin with 800 max dmg is joke. try to get over 1300-1400 with spike nova on kill or atmg.. spike nova is best for me.. and never orb your wep with -pierce while you can orb something else for pierce. or try to roll double mo kra javelin, danmaku + kra jav has %45 javelin on striking which makes your char walking automatic machine gun, LL is also another epic part needless to say. hellrain, stormcloud(esp eth one) is also other epic choices.

for danmaku part Smile tbh its one of most OP item in game and always makes huge diff on javasons.. but for boss killing it has little usage so dont want to comment on here.

4) primus or jitan was never bosses that you need to change your spec. prob you do something wrong if you struggle against them. weird. you can use whirlpool crafted boots vs primus if you struggle btw. just simply go near primus, use whirlpool(curare + danmaku) it kills in 0.1 sec. or send some ricos around to get corpses use fairy after them. or just enfilade him to hell, or use spellbind on him enfilade to hell etc. its just easy uber with max block + moonbeam dr..

5) tbh how you come that point still didnt understand but anyway.
STR has no usage for javason be sure of that, no dmg, no life, no block, no avoid etc etc it hasnt got even 0.1 good effect on java.
esp i also didnt got how you understand 'having max block' is terrible.
as you said your 'faster block rate' is horrible thing. just get over %142 faster block rate which is OPly easy with danmaku and 1-2 crafts. i always say same thing, maths of your char what makes your char perfect.. use java calculator to see maths of your char as animation

6) i am too old to remember some classic lod maths and basics atm but in median having +1 or more skill points is always nice to have.
for ex i cant imagine java without curare and curare benefits from +skills a lot.

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:04 am

Stoya, i could give you a cookie, but i have just one and you have to many ;p
In other words, i'm 100% agree with you.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum