More amazon discussions

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: More amazon discussions

Post by Quirinus on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Yes, the monsters in toraja have the same GR drop rate, but the level is smaller, there are less monsters and they are harder to kill, so you'll be getting GRs there a lot less often. iirc it's about 1 per 7 runs or something like that.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:46 pm

In terms of farming, Necromancers rule toraja because they can cast RC on the edyrems. It makes an unbelievably huge difference and makes an irritating slow trudge into a reasonable farming spot.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:37 am

I see.. I think I will make a necromancer sometime.

What other classes could be good there, how about druid? I'm planning to do an assassin and barb as well.

Actually I am not interested in farming it right now, just want the charm upgrade. Am thinking of going for max block with java and some fire elementals to tank a bit.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:42 am

Any build can complete the uber rather easily it's just that necro is a faster farmer because he can make the edyrem immortal.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:08 am

Barbarian is pretty good there too, since he just has so many summons and they don't die too quickly that they protect the edyrems a lot. He also has stances, so it's hilarious to see those spirits with retaliate spread 70% slow around, and then you turn on wolf stance and they go berserk and become as fast as Flash.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Ah, never mind. I succeeded to do the Toraja quest on the first try today. It was rather easy, with javazon and max fire elemental with high hp. Actually, I'm not sure how it happened, as I was killing some Morlus and then the swirlies suddenly appeared.

I'm still running Duncraig a little bit, for better roll charm ( +2 for as many classes as possible ) and the trophy, which is rather good. The hardest part seems to be clearing the starting area, otherwise it's fairly easy. Also, the bias for sacred items means that I get many new items here.

Next up is Bremmtown. I was thinking of using spearazon here, since the documentation says 'defence is very important here' and just using pounce on the howling spirits to kill them quickly. Let's see how that goes.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Problem is to lure them a lot with something else,other than that you can just kill them with anything you have,so summons is what you need

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:04 pm

What was that last post about? Toraja?

Anyway I just finished the Bremmtown quest. It was a lot of fun, as you can't creep along here.. there is a time limit. That's why I picked an aggressive build with tons of defense ie. a spearazon. I picked Crainum bore unique for its 1000 life per kill which helped a lot, and scales of the serpent as the armor. SOTS is recommended in many builds and I am not really sure why, but I think it helped. Note, I used paragon not curare ( was failing miserably with curare ).

Dark star dragon has to be one of the lamest bosses in the game. I don't know what it does, but it just dies in 3 pounces.
Gotta love the cool tooltips. "I killed a dragon and all I got was this lousy charm" ROFL.

For tomorrow I will try Vizjun with a bowazon and SoV.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:07 pm

@zaphodbrx wrote:What was that last post about? Toraja?
No,it was about Bremmtown.Since you have finished it already Clap Clap  Thumbs Up 

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Scales of the serpent has the timestrike proc which is a delayed 3/2 weapon damage attack. Free damage!

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum