Uberquest/challenge help

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uberquest/challenge help

Post by DrZombie on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:55 am

Ok so even though it says to wait until level 50 to do this quest (the one you get the sunstones after going to halls of the dead level 3 [level 1 challenge]) I decided to try it at level 37. Everything went good until i ran into the amazon archers, and they severely f'd me in the a. My question is, being only 13 levels off of this quest, should this be happening? I mean i cant even get past the first wave of them without dieing. Any tips/help would be appreciated.

BTW: Im playing a BARB witn no specific build, just kind of using wolf stance and earthquake for some mass area damage.

DrZombie
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uberquest/challenge help

Post by The Big Ouchy on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:05 am

Usually people say like 5k defense is good enough for that level challenge. What's your gear/stats like?

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leerek on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:28 am

Try Re-Running Bosses (Andy, Duriel, Mephisto) to get good stuff

Leerek
Doom Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrZombie on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:20 am

I've got about 3 T3 pieces, about 6k defense and maxed resists 75.

I've been rerunning bosses for uniques to get crystals etc, but its time consuming cause no map hack :/

DrZombie
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:10 am

I never used mh when running for uniques. Before Tran, I'd hit Andy over and over. It's like Marco always says, and I'll vouch for it, that after awhile, you see the pattern and can find the stairs 90% of the time on your first try (that's 1 in 10 chance). Cat 2/3 are so small now, if you have enough frw and make liberal use of blink, you should honestly get to Andy in less than 2-min every time with no mh. In hc ladder, I used to use holy melee pali with max rapture and run the path, teleporting over enemies and it never took me more than 2-min!

Once you complete tran, tran itself can be a really good place to farm tu's if you don't use mh; just make sure you have 200-250% mf and you'll get between 10-20 tu drops per run. So hit Andy, then tran, new game. You can also try for mephisto, but I'd say finding the right direction is about 50% there so, good chance you'll be wasting upwards to 10-minutes for that one area to get two uniques, whereas you could conceivably do five- andy runs in that time.

Anyways, that how I use to do it without mh in the beginning on realms. Hope that helps.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:01 am

actually @taem: catacombs are bigger in MXLU.

@thread: there is no reason to do the challenge before level 50. Do it at level 50 and you will also benefit from the charms as soon as you get them (like +2 to all skills). Doing this at earlier levels just for 'challenge' is pointless, because that level challenge is designed for newbies, like every level challenge in MXL. there are no hard level challenges because then some people woudn't be able to it would lead to huge whinning.

cheers!

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Lucci on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:07 am

Try to achieve more than 8k deffence and you will achieve 5% chance to be hit, it is possible for any untwinked player. farm crystals and achieve a TU with high deffence. Barbs with snake/bear stance are godly to do this challenge.

Rob Lucci
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:18 am

and use fotress and dont run into big packs, peel off small groups and deal with them slowly.

Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Well, I wouldn't say there is no point in doing it earlier, challenge is the point. The only point though.

There are several toons that can do it in the early thirties without much difficulty and a little early game decent gear. X-bow necro using frag shot, overkiller barb, poison/cold/summoner druid, fortress barb, you get the idea.

With some summons and or reanimates plus decent driving skills--and knowing the map--you don't need a huge amount of defense.

If you are just starting out though, doing LC1 that early is just an exercise in masochism. Like Marco said, just do it at 50.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:41 pm

@Grimjerk: fyi, bankofthewest used to do it at mid thirties on hc ladder with a barb all the time, but him and stoya are mxl gods...

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum