Total craft character

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Total craft character

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:21 am

Hey guys I want to embark upon a new median experience and I figured the best way to start would be to open up an opinion thread to kick it off.

My idea/desire is to make a character that uses nothing but crafted equipment of some form from start to finish.

item types up for grabs are as follows:

Crafted items (duh)
Rares
Honorifics
LOW level runewords
Magic items (for low levels, likely will not see use)

No prefab items of any sort will be used. No Tierred uniques, no SU, SSU, SSSU, no Sets, no High level runewords (somewhat arbitrary term but there has to be a lot of MO room) of any kind will be tolerated.

Having said all of this I ask of you: What do you feel is the best/worst total craft character. Characters that thrive, as well as characters that struggle without prefab items will be considered! Discuss!

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Total craft character

Post by stoya on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:28 am

i have some videos builds that only uses crap crafts and tu's.. i always like crafting items no matter what, it feels me like its my own item LOL Very Happy
tbh there is no single disadvantage using all crafts , tu's and rw's.. only thing you will lack will be some things like itd, los and such.. which can be solved by other ideas and creation..
in the end you can finish all game + trophies with your idea and best part is you can still do it without losing so much time or in pain.
just crafting take a bit more time but surely deserves it.

ps: for ex nothing can beat lem rw sin knive with double mo bonus and some warbringer umos on it.. i used it when first double mo thing comes with patch. it was totally unbeatable..

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwinder1 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:52 am

thats what fascinates me on median, you can make your own buidl and still pown the shit out of your ass hahaha,
just gonna need some more time, if you are patience enough i say it worths the effort Dancing 

Ashwinder1
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:00 pm

If you have all equipement that are good crafts, that can be even better than having sets or sacred uniques... But, crafting every item until it's very good, that is one heck of a job...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:12 pm

Some kind of spell caster would fit to this. With meele chars you'll have hard times with only craft gear.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:18 pm

@hellgrind wrote:Some kind of spell caster would fit to this. With meele chars you'll have hard times with only craft gear.
With good crafts, yeah... But with awesome crafts, not so much... Although, I agree with you that crafts are awesome for casters (like: 110% to poison spell damage Very Happy )...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Caster's can totally rock the all crafts look. Hell, they can rock the all Honorifics look.

Personally my favorite is the Poisoner/summoner druid with 100% chance to re-animate as skeleton. Fun times even though I can't see s**t most of the time.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:19 pm

@grimjerk wrote:Caster's can totally rock the all crafts look. Hell, they can rock the all Honorifics look.

Personally my favorite is the Poisoner/summoner druid with 100% chance to re-animate as skeleton. Fun times even though I can't see s**t most of the time.
Ha. I used to do the same thing with the 100% reanimate skeletons with my caster druid. I would just basically chill there and regular mobs wouldn't notice that speedy guy running around with the weird staff and antlers.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:40 pm

I love skellies for my reanimator. Wave your hand and POOF!!! 20 skellies!!! Beefed up by Howling Totem, DFT, Shadow Aura. Cast some Dark Power and you have a rompin' stompin' bad ass army of bone.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:54 pm

@grimjerk wrote:I love skellies for my reanimator. Wave your hand and POOF!!! 20 skellies!!! Beefed up by Howling Totem, DFT, Shadow Aura. Cast some Dark Power and you have a rompin' stompin' bad ass army of bone.
Sounds crazy fun. I just started a Necro Summoner on realm and I am going with lol summons Bane and Daystars,Frostclaw,Rampagors,Shadows,Embalming, Djinnsand Veil King. Fun so far. Not sure what items to use though yet. I have a few SUs but going the craft route can do wonders as well.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum