Median XL or ultimative

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Median XL or ultimative

Post by zaphodbrx on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi guys,

When I started playing this mod about 2 months ago, I didn't know what ultimative was. Mostly because the download page on the main site doesn't say anything about it.

Now I have some idea, but not much. Since MXL chars can't be converted to ultimative, I was thinking of starting all over. But then I haven't really explored MXL very much, I don't know what the barb or paladin or sorc skills do at all, almost. I want to play the whole classic MXL once first, but tell me is there something that I'm really missing?

What are the pros and cons of MXL vs ultimative?

Thanks

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Median XL or ultimative

Post by Moasseman on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:44 pm

MXL is harder in the beginning, easier in the end and has less content.
Ultimative is easier in the beginning, harder in the end and has more content.

Also, I don't think Barbarian, Sorceress and Paladin skills really differ between these 2. (Sure they may be some tweaks, but the mainspells are the same iirc)

Moasseman
Glowing Blob

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:51 pm

In terms of difficulty, I'd say Ultimative is definitely more challenging and a bit harder, but a lot more interesting (because of massive content, compared to mxl)... Definitely choose Ultimative, you won't regret it...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:57 pm

They are the same game,mxlu is the continuation of median xl 2012 v5. Laz took a vacation(kinda long Sad  ),marco took over

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:00 pm

@wow123400 wrote:They are the same game,mxlu is the continuation of median xl 2012 v5. Laz took a vacation(kinda long Sad  ),marco took over
Well, he obviously thought on comparison between older versions (Omega, 2012) and Ultimative... Mr Green 

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:02 pm

@shenron276 wrote:
@wow123400 wrote:They are the same game,mxlu is the continuation of median xl 2012 v5. Laz took a vacation(kinda long Sad  ),marco took over
Well, he obviously thought on comparison between older versions (Omega, 2012) and Ultimative... Mr Green 
Yes,and the same question has been asked over and over,just before greg come and lock this,we need to do our job and solve people's confusion

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:04 pm

@wow123400 wrote:Yes,and the same question has been asked over and over,just before greg come and lock this,we need to do our job and solve people's confusion
I agree with that one...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:26 pm

What I mean to say is that I don't know what sorc, barb, etc. skills are at all, practically. Since I haven't played any class other than amazon and druid. I was thinking I will explore MXL thoroughly and then maybe move to ultimative.

Another thing I was thinking is that I want to start a co-op project with a friend and was thinking of the right game to pick to level up from scratch. There's MXL of course, and ultimative, also D2LoD, Hell unleashed and few other games like Torchlight.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:01 pm

uhhh don't do D2LoD.

Hell Unleashed is kinda fun, but Median XL (+Ultimative) is tha bomb.
I suggest doing Ultimative from the start instead of MXL. That way you don't have to level the same characters 100 times, plus you get used to all the new stuff from the start.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Lucci on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Ultimative>all. More items, more enemies, more quests, new skills, more difficulty. Result: tons of fun

Rob Lucci
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum