Death knight necro

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Death knight necro

Post by Arioch on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:31 am

I started one soon, he seems to be fun character but needs some feedback:

My "problem" is, melee necro got several ways to improve the damage, so I planned something like that. Please, don't write that "try everything and choose what's better for you" because I have very little time to play per week.
I decided to max Famine (obvious choice for any weapon damage necro), Dragonfire oil (high fire damage) and Embalming (more life) as normal passives, Death lord for more damage/stats and the only active skill I went to is Parasite for more target (not sure I'll have to max it, but a few points are good for it). Anyone tried something like that? Of course, I've read the builds here but all the links lacks for example Dragonfire oil which I think is a good skill. For uber, of course, I'll choose Death ward. Do I need summons? Especially Shadows or Void archon?
I started with a scythe (and that means strength over dexterity)-does it viable endgame? Or have to choose dexterity, means dagger/shield combo? Scythe means more damage, some chance to amplify damage and some great procs/SU-s/runewords while dagger/shield means "less" damage (not sure how much less), more AR, more procs (from dagger and from shield), reachable max block but as I saw documentation less good SU-s/RW-s then scythes.
Lastly, the starter set: I gabled TU Bonesplitter which is monstrous, but I've found Black cat ("eld" in a necro scythe) very good also. TU procs hunting banshee which is very powerful, but needs time damage and BC procs very powerful Punishers which (because of it's timer) everything for a second, like even Parasite or Unseelie curse. For level challenge 1/Ennead challenge which one do you recommend?
Thanks for any advices!

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Death knight necro

Post by hellgrind on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:37 pm

I would use this skillset: Skillplan meelenecro (Necromancer, 2012 v005) Thi is more offensive build. Shadows are only usable in some cases (summon ubers) as meatshield. Also i always go for scythe (str) builds because str gives you +%ed per every point into str witch mean more dmg. Dex is used only for ar, and with end-game gear with ITD you don't need dex at all. As for weapon, i prefer tu bonesplitter ober black cat, because punisher proc locks down you all skills and you can't attack. I woul also recommend it for LC1, th black cat rw can be used in too but you must be very careful.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arioch on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:57 pm

@hellgrind wrote:I would use this skillset: Skillplan meelenecro (Necromancer, 2012 v005) Thi is more offensive build. Shadows are only usable in some cases (summon ubers) as meatshield. Also i always go for scythe (str) builds because str gives you +%ed per every point into str witch mean more dmg. Dex is used only for ar, and with end-game gear with ITD you don't need dex at all. As for weapon, i prefer tu bonesplitter ober black cat, because punisher proc locks down you all skills and you can't attack. I woul also recommend it for LC1, th black cat rw can be used in too but you must be very careful.
Okay, thanks for the advices. I almost use the same build, except I planned to spend points to Embalming (more life). Does Parasite needs to be smaxed? It uses something the same mechanism as Zon's Ricochet and I've found smaxing that was a bit overkill (against masses ofc). Even at level 36, with only some points spent to it it kills everything in range in seconds... And how's the survivability of this build? Doesn't need Death ward to be spent more points on?
Yeah, after a few Sewer runs I also choosed TU Bonesplitter, the same reason that you said.

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blasting on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Try Chthon as your scythe. Tons of DMG + 25% tremor on kill + 25% crucify on kill is just monstrous. If you kill one monster - everyone will die in few seconds.

Blasting
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:09 pm

@hellgrind wrote:I would use this skillset: Skillplan meelenecro (Necromancer, 2012 v005) Thi is more offensive build. Shadows are only usable in some cases (summon ubers) as meatshield. Also i always go for scythe (str) builds because str gives you +%ed per every point into str witch mean more dmg. Dex is used only for ar, and with end-game gear with ITD you don't need dex at all. As for weapon, i prefer tu bonesplitter ober black cat, because punisher proc locks down you all skills and you can't attack. I woul also recommend it for LC1, th black cat rw can be used in too but you must be very careful.
How do you figure dex is only for ar? Last time I checked, dagger class weapons have a stat bonus of (Str * 75/100)+(Dex*75/100).

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:09 pm

You can 1 pt parasite and than max emblaming/death ward. There is a lot of different ways to build this char.
@Grimjerk
Yes ofc, it adds some dmg but imo main use for dex in this char is ar+block, and since you dont need ar if you have idt and have a lot def and can't block (no shield) there's no point spend points into dex. Ofc there's a dex version of this char but let's be honest, str build for this is way better than dex build.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arioch on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:14 pm

@hellgrind wrote:You can 1 pt parasite and than max emblaming/death ward. There is a lot of different ways to build this char.
That's why I asked for feedback Smile You played the build you suggested? Had you any problems of surviving?

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arioch on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:16 pm

@Blasting wrote:Try Chthon as your scythe. Tons of DMG + 25% tremor on kill + 25% crucify on kill is just monstrous. If you kill one monster - everyone will die in few seconds.

That, and after I can use Inti. More fire damage, WotP (even more fire damage...), elementals... And 70% ias. That's why I prefer scythes over daggers. Beastly rw-s/SU-s.

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Not many, i died ofc (in stupid ways ;d). It's very good build, a lot of def+good killspeed+ many option in gear choise. But yeah, sometimes it's hard and require some patience in getting right gear+killing bosses(especially heroic one)

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arioch on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:34 pm

@hellgrind wrote:Not many, i died ofc (in stupid ways ;d). It's very good build, a lot of def+good killspeed+ many option in gear choise. But yeah, sometimes it's hard and require some patience in getting right gear+killing bosses(especially heroic one)
It's not a big deal. For me, most melee builds in Median are hard when I reach Destruction-maybe Retaliator was my biggest success I remeber. Killing heroics except BPR and QT was hard for me with every builds and in every kind of Median before. So, it doesn't really count. Playing "normal" game, doing/farming some ubers like TA, Kurast, Fauzt, maybe Duncraig is my aim, completing most "easier" ubers (nothing like Laz, Astro, Ureh or some). I only did (almost) all ubers with 2 or 3 chars before, one was Broadsidesin... Smile

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum