Hail and Well met!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hail and Well met!

Post by Puncheswolves on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Hey, my name is puncheswolves!
Well obviously, not my real name, because my mom was not drunk when I was being named.
Anyway, I am new player to diablo 2; like new new, like just got past the den of evil new. I heard about Median Xl, that it was so awesome, essential, that it pretty much obsoleted vanilla. So, what do you all think/ should I download median Xl right off the bat, or try a playthrough on vanilla first?

Puncheswolves
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hail and Well met!

Post by Moasseman on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Good to hear new people are finding the game as well, feel welcome!
Just get MXL right off the bat, being pro in cLoD won't help you much anyway and you'll learn the ropes here just as well you would over there.

Make sure to come join us on the realm, check the joining instructions from the The Sin War subforum or from dis place

Moasseman
Glowing Blob

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:56 pm

median is so diff game then classic diablo so, diablo knowledge is good but not epicly helps median players. i would go for directly median then classic crap diablo.
also search for everything read docs, read all newbie guides before you start.
and open every char and lvl them to at least 6-24 to understand some game mechanics and chars mechanics also knowing mobs, ubers you will face is basic tip for median imo. ohh forgot to say, watch as much as videos you can, it helps a lot too. marconecrox, aerial, my videos, basstomouth's and some i dont remember names atm will surely help you to understand about game. start with bass, marco videos they are more helpfull for start of the game, when you feel like stepping into bigger stage all other players videos are handy too.

good luck bro Smile

ps: never think that you will do 1 thing without reading&watching. knowledge & playstyle is all about median.

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Puncheswolves on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:13 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys, and the tips! after looking more into the changes Median XL makes, it looks pretty obvious that its a better experience, both long-term and short-term I shall look up guides and vids, but I dont really like having my hand held a whole lot....I like the idea of playing each charecter for a while, just to get a feel.

Puncheswolves
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:29 pm

Definitely go for Median right away, cause it's waaaaaaay better than vanilla... You'll thanks us later, if not sooner... Very Happy

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Median is more complicated. Having a clod background can help you understand what certain item stats and skills do but i cant recall any body just jumping right in to median so its uncharted waters. In terms of character builds you don't need much hand holding as you get encouraged by the game to do stuff (for example you will realize that going full strength on a character that is supposed to be dexterity isn't very helpfull). The docs are your friend. Best of luck.

http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:21 am

@The Big Ouchy wrote:The docs are your friend. Best of luck.

http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/
I agree totally... Since you're new to the game itself, not just the mod, definitely read the docs and browse forum for any information you need... If you have any questions, feel free to ask it in Short Questions Thread ("Newbie Help" section) Salut

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:57 am

make sure you download Median XL: Ultimative XI instead of the regular MXL, as most of the players are playing Ultimative.

http://bit.ly/ultimative (it's above the forum, together with the docs link)

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Puncheswolves on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks for the links guys! I just started my first game as a barbarian......I bossed through the game until I killed bloodraven. I was massacring loads of monsters.....leaving huge piles of bodies in my wake and getting little to no damage; so, when I saw the Moseleum, saying "WARNING: HEROIC" I figured I could take it. I died before I even knew WTF was happening. lesson learned, lol.

Puncheswolves
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Funny thing is: that's one of the easiest "WARNING" levels... Very Happy You'll see... Smile

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum