Short Questions Thread (v5)

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread (v5)

Post by Quirinus on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:39 am

yes, it's important when determining what suffix/prefix can spawn on it if it's magical/rare/crafted.
max ilvl you can get from a cube recipe is 99 and it's enough to get all the affixes. so anything above isn't important. SU/SSU/SSSU have higher than 99.
generally, harder area/monster --> higher ilvl.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
Posts : 5567
TGGood none
Country : Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread (v5)

Post by Kariga on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi
I've been doing the part of the Kabraxis uberquest where you kill the elementals.
After a couple of dozen tries with every character class I've been able to kill all the other elementals so far, except Ultra Magic. I've found that amazon seems to be the best class to try it with.

I haven't been able to find any way to reduce magic damage significantly. I assume the rotating beam is instakill, beause Rathma's Chosen did not protect my minions. The beam also rotates very fast so I die to it a lot.

So what strategies have you used to kill the Ultra Magic Elemental?




Kariga
Kill Rat

Posts : 1
Country : European Union

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread (v5)

Post by grimjerk on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Ok, so after searching several threads I could find no clear answer to the question, what is the difference between a proc "x% cast level 1 arrow" and "x% cast level 20" arrow. The discussions usual end up just defining what arrow proc does and never get around to answering the above question.

So, given that I know precisely what the flock Arrow does, can anyone answer the above question? Damage bonus? Number of arrows produced?

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!
Posts : 3009
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread (v5)

Post by x01001010 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:59 pm

afaik the damage/number of arrows doesn't differ.
What it does affect is % stacking.
i.e. item with 10% ctc lvl 1 arrow + item with 5% ctc lvl 1 arrow = 15% ctc lvl 1 arrow
but if you add an item with 1% ctc lvl 20 arrow it doesn't add up but has a chance to proc 2 arrows on the same strike

x01001010
Corruptor Warlock

Posts : 170
Country : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread (v5)

Post by terryys on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:01 pm

@grimjerk wrote:Ok, so after searching several threads I could find no clear answer to the question, what is the difference between a proc "x% cast level 1 arrow" and "x% cast level 20" arrow. The discussions usual end up just defining what arrow proc does and never get around to answering the above question.

So, given that I know precisely what the flock Arrow does, can anyone answer the above question? Damage bonus? Number of arrows produced?
If two sources have the same level, e.g. 20% chance to cast lv1 arrow and 10% chance to cast lv1 arrow, the chances are added together, i.e. 30% chance to cast lv1 arrow.

If the levels are not the same they proc independently. e.g. 20% chance to cast lv1 arrow and 10% chance to cast lv2 arrow, there is 72% chance of nothing, 26% (18%+8%) chance to proc one arrow, 2% chance to proc two arrows.

terryys
Desert Cat

Posts : 16
Country : Hong Kong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread (v5)

Post by grimjerk on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Then why so many levels? It would seem that tbere is a much lower limit in terms of resonably achievable sources of arrow proc.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!
Posts : 3009
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread (v5)

Post by kamilek234 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Higher level=higher range it goes

kamilek234
Shock Stinger

Posts : 65
TGBest 465
Country : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread (v5)

Post by hellgrind on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:28 pm

@Kariga
Use palanx and use any source of teleport (blink,jutan's gate, ect.) and try to kill it asap.

@grimjerk
The simple answer:
If you have 10% ctc arrow lvl 1 on boots and on armor than those values will stack and calculated as one i.e you will have 20% ctc arrow lvl 1. If you have 10% ctc arrow lvl 1 on boots and 10% ctc arrow lvl 10 on armor, than it will calculated separately. If you have 10% ctc arrow lvl 1 on boots and 20% ctc arrow lvl 2 on armor those values also will be calculated separately.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...
Posts : 1044
Country : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread (v5)

Post by BASED_GOD on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:36 pm

can we make our items eth?

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
Posts : 583
TGGood None
Country : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread (v5)

Post by grimjerk on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:50 pm

@hellgrind wrote:@Kariga
Use palanx and use any source of teleport (blink,jutan's gate, ect.) and try to kill it asap.

@grimjerk
The simple answer:
If you have 10% ctc arrow lvl 1 on boots and on armor than those values will stack and calculated as one i.e you will have 20% ctc arrow lvl 1. If you have 10% ctc arrow lvl 1 on boots and 10% ctc arrow lvl 10 on armor, than it will calculated separately. If you have 10% ctc arrow lvl 1 on boots and 20% ctc arrow lvl 2 on armor those values also will be calculated separately.
I understand all that. My question still stands. You only have 10 equipment slots. If proc seperation is the only reason for different levels then levels 1-10 would suffice. Highwayman's Friend has a level 20 proc which would imply the theoretical existence of levels 11-19. The level range seems excessive given the limitations stated above.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!
Posts : 3009
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum