Quick question about buff skill with damage effect

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quick question about buff skill with damage effect

Post by xjry123 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:25 am

As we know, if we cast a buff skill with damage effect, like PoF or nova charge on a item, and then we put it off, the damage effect will lose if no other PoF or nova charge item remain in the gears or your own skill list. But what if we have multiple items with such skills? Let's say we cast PoF with Gehenna, 55#belt, 55#sor orb on, and then keep Gehenna only when combatting, what's the skill level for POF when doing damage ?

Well, maybe stupid question, but I don't know it DOH! 

Thinking  looking forward to the answer

xjry123
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quick question about buff skill with damage effect

Post by x01001010 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:38 pm

LFAQ wrote:The exceptions are Hive and Nova Charge, Queen of Blades, Beacon, Liche Form and Vessel of Judgement.

They will keep the +skills (used for calculating duration) and +buff duration you used when you cast the skill (your prebuff gear), but their damage, on the other hand, is determined when the missiles are created, so they'll inherit your "regular" gear's %spell damage and +skills.
As well, VoJ won't keep prebuffed-L&S bonuses.
Although Path Of Flames isn't listed here, I believe it works the same way.

x01001010
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xjry123 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:10 pm

@x01001010 wrote:
LFAQ wrote:The exceptions are Hive and Nova Charge, Queen of Blades, Beacon, Liche Form and Vessel of Judgement.

They will keep the +skills (used for calculating duration) and +buff duration you used when you cast the skill (your prebuff gear), but their damage, on the other hand, is determined when the missiles are created, so they'll inherit your "regular" gear's %spell damage and +skills.
As well, VoJ won't keep prebuffed-L&S bonuses.
Although Path Of Flames isn't listed here, I believe it works the same way.
True, that explains it. Thx a lot

xjry123
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:36 pm

So, any other buff skills (other than Hive, Nova Charge, Queen of Blades, Beacon, Liche Form, Vessel of Judgement, Path of Flames) don't keep the buff duration effect when item is removed/switched?

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by x01001010 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Duration always stays. What changes are specific effects such as damage buff strength summon stats etc.

Refer to LFAQ - prebuffing part.

x01001010
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:07 pm

@x01001010 wrote:Duration always stays. What changes are specific effects such as damage buff strength summon stats etc.

Refer to LFAQ - prebuffing part.
I did read it, but I thought that part with duration got changed maybe... I always use buff skills for duartion, really... Like, Mark of the Wild with barb... I don't care about the damage, just decent duration so I don't have to buff a lot...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum