Need advice from pro players on my crap build

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need advice from pro players on my crap build

Post by Morgrym on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:40 am

Heres the deal. I have been playing D2 since it came out and Median since around v3 on and off and now ultimative on TSW.
My best guy is a xbow necro and I have terrible difficulty surviving Uber areas much less farming ubers. I would really like a guy who can farm even if it is only in like 2 areas that he is built for.
I also have a 120 ele druid with basic TU gear and a 94 bowzon with same, missing only boots from bow set to complete.

Take a look at my gear and tell me what to mo or switch to etc. I have managed some of the simpler charms.

I have combed the forums looking for tweaks, but access to gear is very limited for me.

Morgrym
Balrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need advice from pro players on my crap build

Post by Moasseman on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 am

Two words: Attack rating.

E: Considering point 6 of Axios' post (Ber for LH), I can drop you a Vizharan for offhand if ya want, so ya can get LH from that one. Honestly I didn't even know that the Ber runeword has LH :c

Last edited by Moasseman on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Moasseman
Glowing Blob

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:35 am

*the xbow is perfect,can be used till end-end game.
*at start get str enought for gear,rest in dex u need crapton attack rating to own with vodoo-shot.so socket and mo ur xbow with att rating mos and perf amethysts and points in dexterity.
*focus on getting -100 e fire resists,if u have maxed dragonflame oil-you should.mo ur items with it.
*use ratham's chosen on shadows then vodoo and repeat
*for max ownage try getting ignore target defense,get metalhead ,xbow rw etc.
*make ber staff for lionhart

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Well, first thing: MO your gear, all of it (a thing you should be doing whenever you can, bit by bit, as you level up)... Here already, you can help yourself quite a lot... Then, get some good sockets, not just random stuff to fill those holes (Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil)... Those two simple things are very good jumping off point...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Do you have full achilios set? Hate to just say "Twinking is the answer", bc by and large its not, but I just realized I've been using pieces of it sans Xbow with my barb. If you want more of the set, I could surely spare you some. Esp as I get closer to "All is One" set. Smile

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Dragonheart runeword armor (kra)
Double MO Aether crossbow runeword (Jah in necromancer crossbows)
Deadfall TU heavy belt
Minion life crafts for boots and gloves.
I like earth rouser rings but not necessary.
No idea what your amulet is but athuluas oracle will be nice for you.
Dragonfire oil is grossly unnecessary.
Ditto to the ber runeword on switch

Skillplan Voodoo Shot (Necromancer, 2012 v005)

Void Archon>>shadows

Easier to target, debuffs enemies, lives longer.

Burning veil and bane are your friends.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:19 pm

If you just want to farm,better respec yourself to a totomancer,with rha rw sword and max any two element of totem and shadows,put leftovers in sacrifice,your gears just focus on the two element of totems of your choice,get a rogue to carry shockwave punishers around,mo daystar on your ring and amulet,all you need are craft or some easy tu,with these setup,you can run duncraig very easy,In TA you are like immortal,don't worry about shadows dying cause all you need is one of them around you

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgrym on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:16 pm

1. OK so d2 stats stopped working for me but i will add up all my -EFireRes I think it was at like 84% or so and MO it up to -100. Dragon Fire is at about 4k dam and multihitting I think it should be very effective. My resists are stacked at 185-240 each and 82-84 max.
My ammy is a L44 doom,+2 skills with -23 and +39 % poision 19 mana after kill.
2. I would love to try the LionHeart wand for a Buff, Moasseman please msg MPM on realm. I will be off for tonight and tomorrow Cisco CCNA exam Mon Sad
Shadows aura gives me 2.5K Life, is the VoidA debuff worth the switch?
3. If I switch Uber skill to Rathmas Choosen for farming I would lose 315% Defense and 18% Avoid, is that a good idea since im having survivability issues??
4. Wow the Jah necro xbow is great but i cant live without the +10 life on striking from the set xbow. I have only the helm and xbow, is the complete set better than my other items?
5. The jewel fillers are all double resist, faster hit recovery / att or run/walk with 1% buff on stats so not really junk.
Besides -fire res what other MO's should I focus on? should I switch to P rainbow and go for crushing blow on xbow or what??

Thank you for all the advice Ill take all I can get.

Morgrym
Balrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:32 pm

3.u hit 40+ times per vodoo shot and 10 life on striking.do the math also rathmas chosen is a must.why do u need def/avoid when you have over 10k life,immune to everything tanks,25% dmg red debuff on an invulnarable minion.1pt rathma is perfect then smax: dragon oil,vodoo,famine,embalming rest in bane/shadows.
5.until you get ignore targets defense (ITD) keep perf amethysts on the xbow.when u get itd then you can switch to 100%cb.
for other mos get max resists,strenght(gives extra dmg).
Wink 

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moasseman on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:05 pm

I would message you on the realm, but I have no idea what your account is (and you're not currently online so I can't /whois nor can I msg via character name).

Next time you hop online, just /f a Moasseman and whisp me when I am online

Moasseman
Glowing Blob

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum