Wanted: Suggestions for Necromancer

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wanted: Suggestions for Necromancer

Post by IzunaDroppa on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:22 am

Hey all, just came back to Median XL and I'm new to the forums.  Cutting to the chase, I've got a bowazon in late Terror right now, and I'm looking to make a second character so I won't get bored.  I've got a few questions regarding him...

I've kinda had my sights set on a summoner Necro that focuses on elemental summons (DFT, Shadows, Rampagors) and using a weapon-based or powerful elemental AoE spell to accommodate it - in short, a hybrid caster/summoner necro that uses one or two AoE spells for crowd control and the minions quickly overwhelm the stragglers.  The thing is, I'm avoiding totems (except DFT) because I want this necro to do at least some of his damage directly.  I also want an oSkill that works on left-click.  Wyrd seems be the ample choice for what I want in a skill and it's what he's using right now, but since it's right-click only it makes the build feel a little...wonky.

Secondary question: from everything I've gathered, the Necro is regarded as at least one of the most under-powered characters when faced with the stronger ubers, summoner necros in particular.  Is this purely because of piercing attacks that wipe out the whole army in one fell swoop, or are there other reasons for it - and more importantly, would my theoretical necromancer be able to overcome them?

So what oSkills would you guys suggest that work on left click?  Something that can end up without a cooldown is mandatory because of BtS.  Oh, and no crossbow, melee, or totem skills. Nope 

Oh yeah, and glad to meet you all! Smile (Sorry if I didn't post this in the right section)

IzunaDroppa
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted: Suggestions for Necromancer

Post by wow123400 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:11 am

your answer:

That's the best summoning necro so far imo,and your whole army not gonna get killed cause of one single thorn aura anymore

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:38 am

thats not the best summoner necro ever done or not perfect tbh Smile i think he plays hc thats why he didnt use jinn's.. with jinn this build ks will be 10X higher than this, also without jinn playin summoner is so hard , just saw 1 build from team that using RC + defender spirits which was really epic idea.

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:10 am

Actually, this was a best summoner build before daystar nerf.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:33 pm

@stoya wrote:thats not the best summoner necro ever done or not perfect tbh :)i think he plays hc thats why he didnt use jinn's.. with jinn this build ks will be 10X higher than this, also without jinn playin summoner is so hard , just saw 1 build from team that using RC + defender spirits which was really epic idea.
You mean he used something else as uberskill?what did he use?Rc+defender is the same as Rc+other poison immune monsters,the only difference is they retaliate,which is super cool Shocked  the only fucked up part is they always die when you lvl up Mad 

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:14 pm

RC+defender=minions with 60k+ aoe magic damage and crowd control.

Daystars can still do great damage. Dagda for protector spirit bloodlust, shadow aura, burning veil, jinn, and buffed up gift of the wild from act 5 merc are all huge spell damage buffs that daystars, other summons, you, and your totems get. Still not as great since the sad sad nerf though. In combination with summons, totems, and oskills (yes you can use oskills with totems Shifty ) its still a great build though. It takes a whole lot of micromanaging but its fun imo.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IzunaDroppa on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Did anyone actually read my question?

IzunaDroppa
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:02 pm

We did answer you,left click-black mass,and without offensive totems and ranged/caster summons,your army will be wiped out with a single thorn aura

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Sorry I was suggesting that necros are more than capable of the difficult ubers of which you speak but you have to be pretty handy with BTS (which isn't timered anymore bt dubs). Not to mention that the crazy korean RTS gamer style totemancer is my favorite build so I got carried away.

Make a hailstorm amulet. It's an awesome oskill, its easy to get, and it won't ruin the rest of your gearing like a shatter the flesh rw staff (6X ice in a staff) or Even Flow rw (6X fire in Necro staff) will.

Thorns auras aren't too prominent and if you're making an elemental build the army death will be negligable because thorns only reflects physical damage.

P.S. My daystar totemancer was better than bank's and he's not around to defend himself so I win. Very Happy

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:24 pm

@The Big Ouchy wrote:P.S. My daystar totemancer was better than bank's and he's not around to defend himself so I win. Very Happy
Oh,what a dick Laughing 

Since you want shadow and rampagor the only thing should be on your left button is black mass,with the massive life on melee with high avoid,shadow and rampagor are probably gonna live longer......not sure Shifty 

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum