lagging to death

View previous topic View next topic Go down

lagging to death

Post by bettyrubble on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:18 am

this new computer lags to death, its a windows 8 os with radion HD graphics and processor amd e1 1200 apu 64bit.
What can I do to help besides toss it in trash and start over. < cant afford to do that. need all the info I can get to have a better play experience

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: lagging to death

Post by bettyrubble on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:34 am

does anyone know if windows xp can possibly run in background of windows 8 to play games?

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:12 am

One simple solution to your problem: change windows to any except vista/w8, they are shit.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:06 pm

@hellgrind wrote:One simple solution to your problem: change windows to any except vista/w8, they are shit.
Correct... Win XP is best optimized, definitely... Win 7 is very good, and better in some stuff (would be said if it isn't, ofc), but it has to eat a lot more corn flakes to reach the awesomeness of XP (wireless network, for instance, works a lot better than in Win 7, I personally tested it)...

CONCLUSION: Due to that weak processor of yours, the best option would be to install XP, cause Win 7 is using way more resources (lots of processes in background that kills the performance) than Win XP...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyrubble on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:16 am

would it be possible for me then to just overwrite windows 8 with xp? if so is there a specific way to do it so that all my components in this cheap ass computer will be able to operate proficiently? or do you guys think I just put my xp cd in and overwrite w 8

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennR on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:10 am

yes enter the bios of your pc and change the boot options to boot from cd first then 2nd
boot device would be the hard drive

download drivers for hardware and burn them to a cd or usb flash drive make sure you get drivers for xp or server 2003 they are same os

after this put the cd in the drive and when your pc boots and asks if you want to boot from cd press any key

you will need to repartition the drive this means completely destroy all data on drive
so you may want to backup your data on something like a usb flash drive first

after you partition the drive you need format drive just select to format disk in
"ntfs Quick"

after this it will start installing windows xp

after xp is done installing install the driver for your pc
download updates and then you should be done

GlennR
Bone Sorcerer

Server Hoster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:25 am

If its only D2 that lags for you, glide is your lifesaver