Godbarian Help, getting owned

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Godbarian Help, getting owned

Post by k4t490 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi to all, it is my first topic and my first character on median xl ultimative.

i got a barb likes the one on the guide here, and i have problems on uberlevels.
here my main stats:
11k hp, -112ELightRes, around 500k def, 75ias, 150FHR, 80max res, about 20%dmg Reduction +11all skill.
i use rockshatter with a total of 75% CB with invictus and bergkaiser if rockshatter dont works. i got +27Kraken stance helm too.

first i have to say that sometimes i see that my StormBlast wont work (even 6-7 time in a row) or that i get hit almost always letting me die (almost always when i start to move) in such a short amount of time. I dont know if this is "normal" or not.

im trying now tran athulua and i cant even face 10-20 amazon that they "shot" me in the time i move to attack them. cant even enter fautzville the moment i see monster attack im dead. i need to farm, i cant even tank many skeletons on Kurast3000 that they kill me, always stun, attack move, stun. on the summoning akarat i istant die when the first mob spawn

-- i dont know what i'm lacking of --
i use TS (without snakeS), wolfs, and shower sometimes.

What can i do to improve?
Thanks a lot

k4t490
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Godbarian Help, getting owned

Post by Moasseman on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:33 pm

First of all, how much Attack Rating do you have...? For some reason, nearly every single barb seems to be lacking in it (and pretty much all the strength specs anyway).

Second, are you running or walking? If you run, you automatically get hit, no matter how much defense you have.

Moasseman
Glowing Blob

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:40 pm

AR is probably his main issue. With 500k defense and not enough Fhr you will die in every crowded area. Unless you've got some advanced skills in controlling your character and 0 lag.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by k4t490 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:34 pm

so fast to reply : P
i got 150FHR, cap is 200, i can move pretty good if there arent waves of monsters.
i have 8k ar 'cause i put around 100 points on DEX, and... omgomg if u run u'll always be hit? xD I didnt know, it was probably this that wasnt right!

any other suggestion?
likes how to kill more quickly ( im pretty slow), or if CB is realy effective (the weapon have low dmg)
and i can move to 750k-1M pretty easily, it worth it?

k4t490
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:54 pm

8k AR is really low. Try to get at least 30k. The difference between 500k def and 1 mil is significant. To be more mobile and not slow as a f*ck(cause barbs are), you can either have a crafted gear and mo with faster run walk or learn to fast switch with wolf stance. Having both frw and wolf stance makes it even easier to escape from difficult situations.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Learn from here

That's a similar build which made a long time ago,it is a very solid build,look into his weapon of choice and such

With melee barb,yes you got multi hitting and crowed countrol skills,but you are melee,stance dance is the first thing you need to learn,wolf stance to get close,snake to ts,and whatever main stance you use for kill

Stormblast is a super multi hitting skill,the problem is it can not leech,look every stoya's video,he has a very good way of using the skill whirlpool,you can get it from a craft boot,it can help you leech,or get a wdm proc on your weapon which will leech for you

And.....do not try to fight 10-20 amazons in D-TA at once,that's pure suicide,lure a few than fight them,you are not fortress or thrower barb,you can't kill a lot at the same time

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by k4t490 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:23 pm

hi guys, after your suggestions things went a lot better, i took lots of charm.

now im dealing with Kingdom of Shadow.
on Godbarian guide they said it's easily done, if i try to stand by the zombies kill me within seconds. i got 900k armor and 13k hp, eagle at 11.7 seconds, 26%DR, i got auhe on armor ; ).
also i saw on videos that poison almost doesnt deal damange with 80res (same as me, all capped), maybe it's me that take too many shoots so they stack: sometimes my life go to 1....

on D-TA i can make it almost all with bear stance, i just switch kraken when stunned, DR works a lot there : P

i have problems with judgement day, or i kill the first spawn or he kill me, and FauztinVille, i cant survive but still on work.
any suggestion?

k4t490
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by k4t490 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:39 pm

none?

k4t490
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blasting on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Try to put "Ber" in a staff and get lionheart buff. MO your ring with 1 wyrd and use it on every new pack with snake stance - everything is slowed. After that just go to them and thunderslam - everything is dead. Also, try to use fortress. It really helps with kraken stance on. If you're still dying, try to get at least 40% reanimate chance. This helps me every time.

Blasting
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by k4t490 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:57 pm

thanks, i'll try it on Fauztinville.
still dealing with Kingdom of Shadow, cant make many improvement, on the last road (when i am able to pass) they kill me, cant tank to wait for blink, same for Judgm. day

k4t490
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum