Diablo 3 questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Diablo 3 questions

Post by Arioch on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi there!

I'm an ancient Diablo player from the first game until D2 and mods, but because of my old PC I only got D3 now on console. Even I see it's bad things, I like it-not the old way I liked D2LOD, but it's still a good game.

My questions are:

-every class, regarding it's a caster or warrior uses weapon damage-that means, they also use attack speed instead of caster rate? And, if I use fe. Poison dart and got a weapon which has cold damage that means, spells also has affected by another source of element (I mean, it has XY poison damage from the skill plus the cold damage from the weapon)?
-because D3 has an auto-upgrade to stats after levelups and every class has it's own source of damage (like dexterity for Demon hunter), plus stuffs only have level requirement but no stat req., then what is the use of fe. strength to any other char then Barb? Vitality is obvious, dex is for defense/dodge(?), and intelligence is only good for casters?
-are there any immunities in the game? Elemental, physical etc...

Thanks for any answers!

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Diablo 3 questions

Post by hellgrind on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:07 pm

1. First of all. Even D3 have LCS (lying char screen) so the number on it is not your actual dmg in some cases (this is always happen when you have in ur gear i.e "your lighting skills do 25% more dmg).
Every skill dmg is taken from your weapon dmg, attack speed, crit chance and crit dmg. So it won't add your weapon cold dmg to the skill dmg. The only exception is a "black" weapons (the one with +min-max dmg NOT + x ele dmg) where this values adds to your "real" dmg.
2. Base stats mechanic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9uVdmdzfb0
3. No, there's no immunes in this game.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Diablo 3 questions

Post by Arioch on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:13 pm

@hellgrind wrote:1. First of all. Even D3 have LCS (lying char screen) so the number on it is not your actual dmg in some cases (this is always happen when you have in ur gear i.e "your lighting skills do 25% more dmg).
Every skill dmg is taken from your weapon dmg, attack speed, crit chance and crit dmg. So it won't add your weapon cold dmg to the skill dmg. The only exception is a "black" weapons (the one with +min-max dmg NOT + x ele dmg) where this values adds to your "real" dmg.
2.  Base stats mechanic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9uVdmdzfb0
3. No, there's no immunes in this game.
Thanks! You helped a lot! I'm happy there are no immunes even I liked immunities in CLOD/Median, I think it fits better to this game...

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum