Losing Stat Points

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Losing Stat Points

Post by UbiquitousWill on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:02 am

Do characters lose stat points when they die? I don't really notice it when I do die, but sometimes when I start reequipping my items (or if I unequip then reequip), I cannot equip all the items that I was wearing before...

I'm constantly having to use +Dex or +Str orbs just to be able to use the items I was previously wearing. Has this happened to anyone else?

UbiquitousWill
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Losing Stat Points

Post by IxIRevulsion on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:11 am

You do not lose stat points, but my ideal guess is you do not have the suffice stats to wear all your equipment and it relies on +STR or +DEX from items so you'll have to manually equip them in the right order to gain your bonuses back, or your no longer using an item that used to give you a bonus/weapon swap.

IxIRevulsion
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:12 am

That means u were wearing items with +str or dex and you un-equipped them...

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UbiquitousWill on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:18 am

I usually put everything on in the same order, so I know it isn't that which is causing the issue. I'm going to start keeping a record of my base stats and total stats with all items equipped, and rerecord each time my stats increase. Perhaps I'll get to the bottom of this...

UbiquitousWill
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:20 am

Sounds like you have an item that gives you stats. If you have an item that gives +strength for example but you don't have enough strength to wear that item without it equipped then it won't be able to re-equip itself when you pick up your corpse.

EX:

Deadfall gives you strength. Your base strength is 510. Deadfall requires 524 so you can't wear it with your base stats. Once you equip deadfall it puts you over 524 so deadfall is self sustaining through its own +strength.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:09 pm

@The Big Ouchy wrote:Sounds like you have an item that gives you stats. If you have an item that gives +strength for example but you don't have enough strength to wear that item without it equipped then it won't be able to re-equip itself when you pick up your corpse.

EX:

Deadfall gives you strength. Your base strength is 510. Deadfall requires 524 so you can't wear it with your base stats. Once you equip deadfall it puts you over 524 so deadfall is self sustaining through its own +strength.
True, this is the reason why you're losing stats...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum