Need some advices on my melee sorc.

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need some advices on my melee sorc.

Post by Bason on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:00 pm

First of all I wanna say that I did read all topics with "melee sorc" I used some tips/tricks from them, but I still need some help.

Okay atm I am aiming for fautzinville runs, but my killspeed isn't satisfying enough, also I dont really like bladestorm that much, I am using whirpool boots craft abandoned shrine.

Okay my skills set is Skillplan Melee sorc starhawk (Sorceress, 2012 v005)

Gear :

Starhawk weapon
Natasha's legacy body armor
Royal circlet helm
Glor an fhaidha gauntlets
Dementia belt
Dex crafted boots with whirpool
Shadowhymn shield
On switch I have ljosaf for lionheart
Also I am using Lachadanan's visage for deathlord morph. With baneblade + deathlord I get 646k defense 75 % block.
26% DR 30 % avoid 95 % all res destruction 5k +- dex.

As for charms I dont have uldyssian,sleep,brachyceran(actually I have with 0 sorc so yea, I dont really have it)
I am not using trader's chest either.

I need tips on how to improve my killspeed in fautzinville, like a better aoe spell, spell dmg + procs combination gear, I do not have stormflyer I am aware that my shield isn't the best for this build, I can do fautzinville but it really takes a lot time, any improvement is a wealth.

Bason
Shock Stinger

TGGood 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some advices on my melee sorc.

Post by tencanek on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:20 pm

I am very experienced with starhawk sorc, and i would change the following gear:

Natasha faggotry armor(absolutely useless) for camatheo(on in ceremonial armor) roll
gloves dex gauntlets craft(stormblast proc not necessary but welcomed)
auhe belt for fortress and instagibing PATH OF FLAMES yay
keep dex crafts in greaves, aim for celerity proc
for shield i used sssu kite shield(2 life on striking version, but trolling primus reanimate is also neat), but judgesin works great as well
i didnt tested ljosalf because i was fine with my def but i used random crap craft +12 oskill to prebuff baneblade, elixir of +15 skills is also brutal

get rid of that lachdanan bro, it only ruins your precious 4fpa attack speed thus fortress appeareance

And what to use in sockets? Yeah, youre absolutely right, roll random yellow jools with 15% faster block/hit recovery, dex percentage and flat life is also welcomed

U cant fail with this setup.

Edit: ok, forgot about -enemy resists at natasha lol so dont bother with throwing it away Very Happy

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bason on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Well im gonna give a shot to the things u listed, but wouldn't it be better if I use aotor instead of camaetho,and why would I wanna craft dex gloves? I dont really feel a need of dextirity res or minus res, as for auhe belt Yea I was gonna give this a shot, but does fortress carry my full ele dmg?
So my skill plan is flawless? also u sure bout that lachdanan?
And should I change shadowhymn to judge sin ETH version?

So those spell dmg affixes from armor and such, what do the buff except path of flames and my procs, do they buff my starhawk ele dmg? I think no but yeah.

Thanks for the tips really much.

Bason
Shock Stinger

TGGood 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moasseman on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Fortress is a WDM skill, so it carries your damage.
Spell DMG affixes only affect procs/spells (well they do affect your elemental damage but only on direct melee attack, so no bladestorm or AoE of WB)

Moasseman
Glowing Blob

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:20 pm

@tencanek
Im sorry but have you lost your mind ? The natasha's legacy is one of the most powerful items in the game so stop telling this heresy.

@Bason
Is your survi good or you need to stop and regen life when you doing fautz ? If yes try to switch from fire tree to cold tree (more survi) or poison (more spell dmg for ele proc)
As for gear i would suggest this:

Weapon: crafted warp blade with sor/spike nova on kill, +sorc lvl, +min-max dmg (this is not that hard to get but it require a lot of shrines and patience, ofc when you're lucky u'll get it fast)
Armor: natasha's legacy if you use ele proc+starhawk or strength beyond strength (ssu ghotic armor) if u use craft warp blade
belt: ghal, vith or auhe rw's (ghal for +ele dmg, vith for more survi, auhe for proc)
Rings:
1. expencive version: 2x bad moon ring
2. cheap version: 2x emp band (secret emp is also welcome) mo'ed with -res,thunder hammer, 2x +1sk +ulsydie lady curse/nova on kill proc mo'ed -res,thunder hammer
Amu: +4sk, mythal on attack, flat dex, whatever you want (for ele proc) +4sk, doom, ttad, dex (for more phys dmg)
Boots: sssu greaves (expencive version) community set boots, dex craft with whirpool
Gloves: demonic touch (sssu leather gloves), community set gloves (bonus from boots+gloves gives you wolf stance oskill), dex craft with stormblast proc
Helm: Gehenna (sssu full helm), ssu cap (more ele dmg), metalhead (ssu great helm) ssu crown, su mask, ssu bone helm

I could list more items, but idk your playstyle, so go check docs and chose what you want. But remember, if you want ele, search for +ele dmg, ele proc on items and if you want more phys/magic search for more wdm proc (ofc every wmd proc will carry +ele dmg from your gear, so remember that)

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:25 pm

I would definately go for the auhe belt. You need to hit more to increase damage as you can't really do anything to increase starhawks ele damage. Also I would load up on ultra runes in your starhawk if you haven't already.

Consider maxing moonstrike for the damage buff and taking points out of baneblade. Switching to shamanka on switch for bloodlust after prebuffing with ljosalf could help your damage a bit too. Just your physical damage but still.

Side note: what does unseelie curse do?

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bason on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:52 pm

I appreciate all the tips you have given, I am gonna try auhe belt a crafted staff for prebuff, remove lachdanan, probably keep my natasha and change to judge sin.
@hellgrind I am having trouble only with kill speed my survivability is undisputed. Can survive vizjun until I get swarmed hard due to low ks.

Bason
Shock Stinger

TGGood 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Nice that RW is a good idea. Can you prebuff Lionheart with Ljosalf RW? I thought it was when you're attacked. I guess you switch back to sword when Lionheart kicks in? I presume it lasts long?

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bason on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:17 pm

@GregMXL yes, yes and yes the duration lasts long enough to clear fautz + barrelcraig and die by an invisible barrel.

Bason
Shock Stinger

TGGood 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:19 pm

@Bason wrote:@GregMXL yes, yes and yes the duration lasts long enough to clear fautz + barrelcraig and die by an invisible barrel.
The more you play dunkeg the less you die to barrels, invisible or otherwise. You just sort of get a 6th sense for where they're gunna end up.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum