Need help with uberquests - Kingdom shadow, Astrogha, Vizjun

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help with uberquests - Kingdom shadow, Astrogha, Vizjun

Post by zaphodbrx on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Hey guys I'm playing Median XL classic (2012), and I have a few uberquests left. I have currently completed three characters - amazon, druid, necromancer. By complete I mean they have finished all standard quests, challenges, bremmtown upgrade on class charm, 500 signets, etc. And also all the other uberquests so I have many good charms and some with trophies. So only gear is left, of which I have a large number of SU items and most sets. No great runes though.

Okay I'll explain my approach to the quests and hopefully you can help me .

Kingdom shadow: I used melee necromancer for this, in death knight form. He walks the same speed as he runs so I can get all the def and high avoid %. Problem is he walks too slow and I don't know how to make it better . I first tried celerity proc from disengagement ring but it runs out too fast. Then I used demonic speed oskill from SU cloak of flames. But there is some problem here. Even on hatred mode, possessed citizens seem to be doing too much damage to me. I don't know what demonic speed does really, but I had 95 psn resist and 33 pdr.

Angel of death is a nice skill sometimes ( especially on the bridge ) to go through citizens, but not as good as I thought it would be. Anyway I feel like I am missing something here. I couldn't complete the quest on hatred ( let alone destruction ), though I tried only once. Also, the place is REALLY disorienting. Even though I am trying to follow the map and using teleport from moon of the spider charm..

Astrogha: One thing that is suggested is to 'one shot' it with hunting banshee druid, which is what I tried. I don't think it worked though..
Can it be killed in any regular method? I don't know. It summons statues, and I have to not kill the statues, but kill them accidentally anyway.. and then the spider heals back right up + I am in big danger of dying. Are darklings cold immune? I think they are, although it doesn't say so.

I was using lone wolf set with 11-13k banshee dmg and -127 ecr. What should my damage be, for one shot to occur? ( approx ). Should I max force of nature skill ( I left it at 1 and maxed energy rather than str ). Does mythal break heroic shield resistance?

Also I tried this three times. The last time, Astrogha just disappeared, somehow. I went through every inch of the mausoleum, but he wasn't there.. Any solution?

Vizjun:
I don't know what to do here, because with any character I just get surrounded and killed really quick. Suggestions I have read are something like 'rush to MCS and purify it'. Only I have no idea what that means because there are millions of robots everywhere and the MCS is quite far off ( I did it on hatred, just to check where the MCS was ). Really, there are just too many monsters here. It's like fauztinville to the power 10.

Brother Laz: Didn't try it, I'll just leave it for now.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help with uberquests - Kingdom shadow, Astrogha, Vizjun

Post by RollsRoyce on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:36 pm

1. ureh:

as far as i am aware angel of death can even jump over walls so really use that nec there.

How: -psn length red + hihg psn res +dr% is very important in there. As for walk speed you can try using mystic orbs. Vizharan would be an epic help, as well as the +15 skills elixir ( even more def !)

2. Astrogha : get a crafted ancient armor and a crafted staff, roll a rare sacred druid helm , low lvl craftet boots, some nice rare rings/amu and socketed your gear with thul runes. Mythal gives enemy -resistance ( which is alot better than pierce Smile- yes it breaks res )
and go try it again, once you know how to its really easy. i think stoya even recorded it with extreme cheap gear.

3. As for vizjun : vizharan melee nec with +15 skills pot did the job just fine for me. Nice idea is to practice in hatred ( as you did )
ProTip: Mal Runeword in Dagger + Whirlpool oskill => hit a mob and while whirlpool is active your life never lowers Smile
edit: nih armor + tran trophy + truce belt are great helpers for getting dr%.

Also if you can get your hands on a Taha ( which should be easy with melee nec)
+(51 to 100) to Maximum Damage
Adds 5000-10000 poison damage over 10 seconds
(21 to 25)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(21 to 25) to Wings of Wrath
+(301 to 350)% Enhanced Defense
(31 to 40)% Bonus to Strength
(31 to 40)% Bonus to Dexterity

would solve all your speed problems

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:08 pm

Demonic speed makes you get instagibbed iirc. Laughing 

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Thank you for your replies.

1. Demonic speed doesn't cause instagib I think, but the monsters do a lot more damage than they should. Maybe they take away 90% life or something. At any rate, it's unusable.

Vizharan refers to SU wand? I have that on switch for prebuffing lionheart and tainted blood. The extra defense helped me a lot for bremmtown quest, and tainted blood helps counter the drain from timefather ( which is my main weapon ).

No taha runeword yet. Fauzt is still a little tough for me.

Actually I didn't try dagger shield combo yet, only scythes. Does max block help a lot? I don't really have any good daggers, only eth Astrogha's fang. But I will try out the Mal runeword with oskill.

I use SOTS for the armor. Nice procs and 12k def. And Ashaera armor for the belt ( it also has 10% dr ). Vith runeword ( truce ) might be better though, for more def. Not tried the Nih armor.

Btw is necrobot dmg reduced by block and defense? Avoid and pdr probably work I guess.

2. So, Mythal breaks heroic shield resistances? I didn't know that! Will try it out.
I'm looking for a ballpark figure of what damage hunting banshee one shots Astrogha. ( and equipment used ).

Edit: I just looked up the Mal runeword in necro dagger and it says nothing about whirlpool ( I don't even know what whirlpool is )
+(1 to 2) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(101 to 150)% Enhanced damage
Adds 2500-5000 poison damage over 20 seconds
+(1 to 6) to Way of the Spider
Slows Target by (11 to 15)%
+250 to Life
Poison Resist +40%
+(11 to 15) Life on Striking

Last edited by zaphodbrx on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moasseman on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:35 pm

@zaphodbrx wrote:2. So, Mythal breaks heroic shield resistances? I didn't know that! Will try it out.
I'm looking for a ballpark figure of what damage hunting banshee one shots Astrogha. ( and equipment used ).
It's not that simple. Mythal doesn't break heroic shields, but it increases the chance of the enemy's resistance dropping below 100, thus becoming suspectible to the element.

Heroic bosses have 2 "different" resistances: The base resistance and the randomizing resistance. Each second(?) the randomizing one, well, randomizes, and if the sum of base + random is below 100, the boss loses immunity for that said element. Mythal lowers the base resistance, and thus increases the chances of this happening :3

Moasseman
Glowing Blob

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceazikua on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:47 pm

demonic speed makes your def 0 , which means monsters will hit all the time . second effect is lower your %dr , which means increase damage taken by 100% idk for sure .
You should watch stoya's videos about meele necro here , it may help you about item part . Stoya used the "whirlpool" skill in fauzt too , which is the small blue novas around the char that hits every 5 frame i think . What Rollsroyce means about whirlpool and mal dagger is that the dagger has 10-15 life on striking , which is insane , plus the improve damage and leeching skill , if you get crowded by monsters whirlpool will hit rapidly all of them so you will leech a lot . You can get whirlpool from crafted boots , Stoya used a craft boots with whirlpool oskill in that fauzt video .
I dont think ashera belt is good for fighters because they only gives a bit def and some dr , it is for casters because most of the stat are not useful for fighters . Best choice for meele chars is always Auhe rw belt in my opinion , but if you dont have one (i think so) you can use TU6 heavy belt , its good too ! Also there is another choice if you want to increase damage , which is ghal rw belt .
Necrobots' missiles are blocked by avoid/dodge , but not def becase they pierce def . Also with necro I think you can hardly get max block because necro shields' block is pitiful . If you want to go knife+shield , try ssu hexblade and su demon head combo !

Back to topic :
1.Kingdom of shadows : I suggest using ssu longsword , which gives spin-to-win oskill to bypass mobs without much collison , then all you need is to survive .
2.Astrogha : I think this guy is not a true problem , since from what I experienced in ultimative he doesnt heal . What makes he heal is that in the attack you use to kill spider statue has the elemental astrogha has lost . For short , what I mean is that if you kill with a wdm char , he will always heal , but if you kill the statue with caster , for example cold caster , only when astrogha lost cold immune that he will heal . What you need is maxed Mythal (to reduce spell timer) to spam where astrogha is standing , then he will drop immune more often . Also follow some guides on the forum to reach about 50k banshee damage (which is easy with lonewolf set) , about -150% ecr , and if he drops cold immune youll easily 1 shot him with the multi hitting hunting banshee (set gives 2 more missiles) .
3.Vjziun : I think amazon will be better at this , especially pounce amazon because of mobile blink (which is pounce) and good crowd controll , she also has super high def too which is good at this place .  also javazon with kra rw javalin and su athuluas hand , even with 0 def from estatic frenzy she does not die with max block and huge amount of javelin proc once ricochet is thrown (but will die of lag Smile) , that javelin also gives chronofield proc , which is awesome ! 

Btw how can you have only 10k banshee damage with full lonewolf set and basic charms ? My druid with the set alone can reach 50k , so Im not sure if the damage is buffed in latest version or what . Did you socket runes or jewels ?

Btw2 why dont you play ultimative ? there are tons of new rare items for you to find and new hard uberquests to attempt . I suggest an untwinked start and its fun too !

Sceazikua
Balrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Ok, I see. Crafted boots for whirlpool. Any particular shrine to craft?

I don't know exactly why banshee dmg is low. I maxed energy so that I had enough mana pool and put only 1 point force of nature ( earlier I tried max force of nature and str but not enough mana to keep casting ). Also I socketed perfect topaz in some of them, to get even more energy. Also some bloodstone/amber/etc because that heroic level is full of elemental damage. Maybe thuls would be better choice?
Btw I have all charms except the 4 quests mentioned, some with good rolls and also trophies.

I started an ultimative character ( barbarian ), but that is a co-op with a friend and will take a while. There are some things about ultimative that annoy me + all my stuff and characters are in classic so I will probably keep playing that for a while now.

Edit: I will be travelling this weekend so will need to wait till next week to put all these ideas into practice. But thanks for all the help though.

Edit 2: I forgot all about the +15 pot. I have never used one.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:51 pm

In ureh,you can use summon to get the monsters away,when reach the bridge,need to use the portal+summon+comeback+teleport skill(or jump),till you reach the boss,don't forget,open a portal when you meet the boss,cause you might be killed after boss die

The spider queen is a heroic game,so as many other heroic game,it need patience,and the formula is always=one single strong element+luck,you might die a lot,but since you are a druid,so getting corpse shouldn't be that hard since you have hunting banshee

The robot place,you gonna need speed here,lots of speed,always go forward,do not hesitate,do not stop,kill the tree,grab the charm,then save&exit.I know you have a hard time to get by,but you need patience,the best way is to get community set with wolf stance,any char could be fast now,but my only try is a superbeast pally so......

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:46 pm

After coming back from travelling and dealing with an unexpected illness, I had some time to play this again, but not much though, will probably continue on weekend.

I focused on the elemental druid with lone wolf set to get him to max damage. With firedance and +15 pot active he has 22-28k dmg and without those he has 16-20k banshee. I didn't MO those but anyway those are lvl 100 items and a few MOs in non crafted items won't make a huge difference.

Everything socketed with thul runes. Ofc , I will socket them with onyx amber etc to deal with the heroic level ( 90 allres ), and then switch to thuls for astrogha. I didn't try astrogha yet, because I don't know if this damage is enough, can someone help? My gear is: lone wolf, sigil of tur dulra, seal of neph kings, lamen of archbishop, ashera belt. Stats mostly in str for force of nature but about 1k energy so that I have 10k mana pool.

In the meanwhile, I have gotten legacy of blood and aldric jitan trophies with the same elemental druid. I tried primus and azmodan for an hour or so but they drop so bad + are so unreliable in difficulty that I got depressed. ( I still killed each one 20 times or so ).

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moasseman on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:52 pm

@zaphodbrx wrote:few MOs in non crafted items won't make a huge difference.
Gave you a - just because of this sentence =/

Moasseman
Glowing Blob

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum