Critic my build please and thank you :D

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Critic my build please and thank you :D

Post by LovelyHeart on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Oh Herro derre. So I just started MXL Ulti roughly a week ago and I started with an amazon and decided ranged would probably be best for me right now seeing that I don't know much about the character skills and the new mob skills, pretty much a whole bunch to this mod I don't know. Anyways so I was trying to find a build that would make a bowzon with high dps but still able to take a hit if things got a little hairy or surrounded my mobs and locked me in.

My idea is to use barrage as my main skill and then use ghost arrow as my normal attack. I invested in FE so there was somewhat of a meat shield between me and the mobs and to keep them distracted while I wildly shot my arrows into the wind. I'm using Balance to boost my defense and Dragonlore to boost my dps. The build is working like a charm except for the fact that I have low resistance so I'm starting to get rolled around like an Italian dough ball.

So my questions are does this sound like a feasible build and will it hold up later on when I get to let's say act 4 and so on through the difficulties. I know I need a lot of work on my gear but I'm more worried about wheter or not my skill allocation will hold up in the long run.

My stats are as followed:
Str: Only enough for gear
Dex: ALL THE WAY! ( Cause I noticed it gave me a damage boost as well)
Vit: Charms and gear hopefully will do the rest
Ene: Charms and gear are definitely doing the rest ( Mana steal on hit is working great)

Here is my build so far for Lv25 amazon it's what it will be projected as.
Skillplan Barrage Hoar (Amazon, 2012 v005)

LovelyHeart
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Critic my build please and thank you :D

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:47 pm

imo balance isn't very good for bowzon, you don't get any %TCD (total char defense, it's like a global %ED) so pretty much the def bonus is unsynergized all the way. Instead, you can be badass and max ecstatic frenzy, which sets your defense to 0, and gives you a crapton of magic dmg, and 50% skill %IAS (skill %IAS is a lot more effective than %IAS from items) as well as frw, that buff is exactly what you need.

if you wanna go for barrage don't use points in ghost arrow imo. just max barrage and dragonlore and you will be ok. you should put around 15 points in defensive harmony to reach 50% slows attacker (cap). and finally, when you get to level 90 you should go for paragon to get loads of hp. And war spirit.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyHeart on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Wouldn't the lack of Def make it so I get hit like an egg faceplanting on the sidewalk?

LovelyHeart
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:53 pm

max resists/high killspeed/high reflexes/fast run speed u'll get used to it

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:53 pm

@LovelyHeart wrote:Wouldn't the lack of Def make it so I get hit like an egg faceplanting on the sidewalk?
the best defense is a strong attack - DMDND - dead monsters do no damage - YOLF - you only live forever - this isn't hc! #swag

no, really, the offensive bonuses of EF are extremely strong compared to a lousy 20-30k endgame of supermaxed balance... and it doesn't get any kind of synergy which was my initial point (the skill is good for spearzon for example).

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyHeart on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Just a little... Ok, a lot different from D2 LoD. I'll definitely be trying it out and respeccing. I wanted to try a Javazon that wow told me about too.

LovelyHeart
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:58 pm

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:59 pm

You will be squishy anyways. I tried to be safe and got Spirit of vengeance. But that helps only a little bit in a specific situations. With bow skills, you won't be super tank like barb with bear stance or at least i couldn't with the items i got yet Smile but the path is not leading that way.
So my conclusion was - you squishy, then go berserk mode and all atack oriented. With max frenzy, curare, all dex, more dmg and look for hp back from dmg or hit. I haven't put more than 1 point in summons and used them only to lure enemies when geting my body back.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:11 pm

@Metalistas wrote:You will be squishy anyways. I tried to be safe and got Spirit of vengeance. But that helps only a little bit in a specific situations. With bow skills, you won't be super tank like barb with bear stance or at least i couldn't with the items i got yet :)but the path is not leading that way.
So my conclusion was - you squishy, then go berserk mode and all atack oriented. With max frenzy, curare, all dex, more dmg and look for hp back from dmg or hit. I haven't put more than 1 point in summons and used them only to lure enemies when geting my body back.
Sounds like you are getting good at this Very Happy

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Cathedral is still a big no no no Very Happy

Metalistas
Goliath