Next character ideas

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Next character ideas

Post by CMBurns on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:47 am

Alright so I currently have a Cataclysm Din and I just finished completing my Zann Esu (ice bolt nova) sorc. FINALLY found the belt. That took forever.

I'm loving the sorc.

I wanna try something else now. Either a necro or a zon. No druid, no assassin, barb is a BIG maybe (build really has to be fun).

I don't want the core skill to be something the character already has. I'd like something based around an item-only skill that can clear farming areas rapidly. Preferably not melee unless it actually breezes through mobs like ice bolt nova or cataclysm. Wanna feel powerful, not slow as shit.

After a lot of farming, I finally found the runes to make the disco inferno armor only to find the mana cost is 1967 per cast. Didn't seem like that was the case on the youtube videos I saw, so I was pretty upset.

Ideas? (Using median XL btw)

Last edited by CMBurns on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

CMBurns
Knight of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Next character ideas

Post by Arc_Razer on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:51 am

Try a necro, Get Devil fang totem (gift box), and there are numerous Oskills on wands for you to be a warlock with.

Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMBurns on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:53 am

@Arc_Razer wrote:Try a necro, Get Devil fang totem (gift box), and there are numerous Oskills on wands for you to be a warlock with.
Median XL, not ultimative.

CMBurns
Knight of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf1354 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:59 am

which version of XL?

I honestly have 6 different versions slapped on my old HD.

XL doesn't have too many differences overall from Ultimative as far as classes go. you could still do what he suggested, you'd just have to make the items yourself with arcane crystals with the base item. This will take some time and planning mind you.

Necros are quite fun, at least they were 3 years ago. Their 'Zeal' like skill makes it quite interesting. That skill gives him the feel of being death incarnate.

Lonewolf1354
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 am

Doesnt need MXLU (apart from gift box) just get unique demon head, and am sure alot of skills still spawn on wands in XL too

Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:07 am

Two-hand sword amazon.........

@OP

If you havent tried ultimative, I highly recommended to play it.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMBurns on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:25 pm

@iwansquall wrote:Two-hand sword amazon.........

@OP

If you havent tried ultimative, I highly recommended to play it.
Like I said in my other thread, I can't bring myself to farm all the charms again. It took forever to get all the charms and trophies and I hated every bit of it.

I'd only ever switch to ultimative if I had those charms carry over. So for now, I'm sticking with XL.

I'm currently working on a magic missile/pentagram zon, but I'm quickly realizing it's hard to get a lot of armor on a zon.

CMBurns
Knight of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myth0s on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Getting the charms and trophies IS the fun in median, not only grinding to lvl 120... Hitting a Wall 

Myth0s
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMBurns on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:05 pm

@Myth0s wrote:Getting the charms and trophies IS the fun in median, not only grinding to lvl 120... Hitting a Wall 
My fun in median is farming a bunch of different areas and finding/tuning the gear for a character. I just copy charms over to each new character after doing it once.

In d2, my fun was duels and absolutely nothing else, but there is none of that in median.

CMBurns
Knight of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf1354 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:09 pm

@CMBurns wrote:I just copy charms over to each new character after doing it once.
May I ask what the point is after playing 1 toon then other than to spank uberquests? I have literally gotten all the charms for a melee sorc, 2 handed barb, necro farmer, spearzon, and druid at least 3 times each. 5 times for the melee sorc...

Actually gets better as time goes on...

Lonewolf1354
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum