Max block necro

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Max block necro

Post by Xoram on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi, first post here.

I recall playing a max-block dagger deathlord pre-ultimative and am attempting to rebuild this char.

So according to the documentation, I need over 9000 dex (isn't there a meme about that?) to reach max block with a 2% shield, which is as high a block shield as a nec can get if I read right.

Sitting at level 120, I've dumped everything into dex after getting enough str to wear decent armor, none into vit or energy, and socket 8+ amethysts, and use a few nice +%dex items, (astrogahs fang %40, %20 tal rasha.. some others I forget) and make sure I choose other gear with decent + flat dex bonuses. Supermaxed deathlord, which adds another sizable dex and str chunk. I have "basic" charms at this point.

... and I can't even get past 2000 dex, leaving my block at a paltry sub 20% mark.

Am I missing something? Do I have to wait until I gobble hundreds of SUs and set pieces for stat points and get end-game charms before I see a block % worth using? I'm sure I could pump more dex MOs on my gear but I'm not sure that would even make a dent in the amount of dex I still need.

There are a few necro guides stating their stat allocation allows easily for max block and some left for vit... so am I'm doing something very wrong or it was a guide from pre-ultimative, ie. the last time I played?

Xoram
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Max block necro

Post by RollsRoyce on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:04 pm

you should not aim for max block Very Happy ...if you really want it Khanduran could be a great help along with Cowboy from hell set

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Max blok Necro idea is totally bullshit imo, No offense.

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xoram on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:51 pm

@stoya wrote:Max blok Necro idea is totally bullshit imo, No offense.
Can you elaborate a wee bit? Laughing Also, why would I take offense? Also, thanks for the pointers, Rolls!

[Edit] that is quite the hunt you have me set up for lol

Last edited by Xoram on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Xoram
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:48 am

you have nuff defense from death lord, LL from famine passive... i don't think dagger necro needs block in this game..

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:59 pm

id say the FHR animation of deathlord is not fast enough, so this is a possible scenario:

you get hit and block, block animation would prevent you from attacking. If i remember right my melee nec had quite some trouble to keep attacking in areas like fauzt cause of his slow fhr animation rate, so if we sum this up:

time loss of block + time loss of fhr animation = no leech + no slowed enemies on screen (probably) but you needed to sacrifices best item options just to achieve this, but sure go ahead and try and let us know

Cheers

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Wouldn't uninterruptable attack take care of all the recovery nonsense?
Even so, 9000 dex would lead to a giant opportunity cost. I'd only build for as much dex as you can handle without sacrificing anything else. If you can't come up with a decent pair of boots to use then go ahead and make a dex craft for example.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceazikua on Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:35 pm

then dont use a necro shield , use a unique sacred normal shield for 4% base block and max block is possible . Also sssu bonehelm may give 2% out of -2 to 2% block , and cowboy set gives 1% base block .

Sceazikua
Balrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:06 pm

@stoya wrote:Max blok Necro idea is totally bullshit imo, No offense.
Exactly as I would say... Thumbs Up 

Necros and barbs aren't chars meant to reach max block, cause there's no need for it, simple as that... Around 35%-40% block with deathlord necro is more than you'll ever need...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xoram on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:49 pm

I am under the impression that necro block is so low as they have access to deathward.

I agree totally that a max block with deathward is OP. However by making this assumption, you nerf possible sub-build variety that does not intend to use deathward in conjunction with shield (my build for example).

Zons, pals, other classes that have access to def as much def as deathlord alone and better vitality point returns than a necro do not have anywhere near the block penalty of necro (of course there are also other survivability concerns).

The proper way to address this would have been to include a "cannot block with shield" modifier with any level of deathward, not a blanket nerf that kills opportunity for melee sub-builds without deathward.

I personally think it's a shame that all the current best videos of deathlord involves more or less 5 passives (deathlord, deathward, embalming, famine, and possible dragonfire oil...) and spamming the "1" key (parasite, with maybe the odd AoD)...  that is not exciting gameplay.

Don't take this post the wrong way though, this mod is pretty great overall Wink  I'm enjoying the game as much as in it's heyday.

Xoram
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum