About barbs and assassins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About barbs and assassins

Post by Deak2112 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:55 am

We all know how awesome assassins can be, and same for barbs. Weirdly enough, though, I struggle with these 2 the most. I've decked out my barb with the duel wield set and other nice gear and I was struggling to keep him alive in Dest act 3 while fighting non über monsters. My assassin hasn't faired much better, either.

I've played median since omega up to the current ultimative version. I've been forced to conclude that, despite the fact I've been around for as long as I have, I'm still a noob with my skill of the game. Knowledge-wise, I'm fine. But If one of my characters starts to struggle a lot and seems to hit a dead end, as my clvl 120 barb and sin have, I get bored and just tell myself to farm for better gear for them so they'll be viable. But I realize I shouldn't need godly gear just to simply beat destruction, so the issue is admittedly with me, not my gear.

So maybe I can get some insight as to why the tankiest character seems so squishy and the most versatile character has been so weak. I'd like to get these 2 to beat destruction. My sorc, pally, Necro, and Druid, have done fine as far as that goes.

Deak2112
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: About barbs and assassins

Post by hellgrind on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:25 am

Asn are typical glass cannons. Low life/def but they are very strong in terms of dmg. Barbs in the other heand are very strong in def/life terms but them lack of killspeed without good amount of attack rating. Also u have t remember that the some dest "normal" areas are "harder" than some ubers.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:46 am

Sins are not versatile. In fact they're one of the least versatile given that 90% of the sin builds out there are just waysins with variants so minor it doesn't even matter. What are your stats like for your barb?

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deak2112 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:49 am

Versatile was the wrong word. No idea why I used it. I was just trying to speak to the assassin's slight edge on other characters.

Duel wield set, deadfall, lifecrusher, jewelry is eh, sockets are gems and runes for resistances. 1 point in all melees, smaxed NW, the 2 wolf skills, and wolf stance.

Deak2112
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum