StarCraft II

Page 2 of 53 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: StarCraft II

Post by Banned on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:29 am

Continuing on that ridicolous "Flash not impressed" theme, i keep reading the topic and more funny pics came out:
Spoiler:
Banned
Cathedral Drow

Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:15 am

yea there's more ridiculous ones. some jokes require knowing the history or relations between some players/teams, but they're funny as fuck. xd

Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:27 pm

Yay maybe you can explain these tourneys for those of us not in the know. And teams etc. Very Happy

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:48 pm

I'll try to explain some of it (too much stuff to explain all xD), later on today.

there's a lot of people that actually don't play the game, but just watch it. it's basically like most sports fans, maybe you played it for a bit when you were a kid, you don't play it anymore, but you still enjoy watching the pros play and are amazed by what they can do.

Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Too little time yeah. I saw other post. Thankies! Cookie if I have one. I spent them early and often (Cookies...and tg cept I give that way not spend).

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:25 pm

@Str0b3l
hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Can you share minerals in SC2?

That's purrdy cool!

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Banned on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:17 pm

It's not hard to understand what Starcraft is. It is RTS (real time strategy) where you got 3 different races competing against each other. They are terran, zerg and protoss. To simplify you can picture the whole thing like paper-scissors-rock situation. You harvest two types of resources - gas and minerals and build structures, open new units and make your armies. You scount what enemy is doing and make counter units or stick with your own strategy. You can learn to play on single player campaigns, random map or multiplayer vs other humans.
Upon the release in 1998 the game is very popular in South Korea. Like a national sport there. With favourite players - stars, fan clubs, salaries and teams. Other people who play it are considered ''foreigners" and koreans are considered gods of game with outstanding micro/marco. You can play game with mouse easily, but they also use keyboard keys without looking at screen selecting multiple buildings, making units - reaching insane 300-400 actions per minute (APM). They have their own legendary players who dominated game for some periods of time or still do now. Those are called - bonjwa. There are many tournaments even world wide and most of the times koreans are among the winners.
Brood war - expansion to the game. More content, units and so on.
Starcraft 2 came out in 2010 with improvement in AI (how units move, how react and such), new content (some units gone, some new implied), new missions, story line, etc. Also big hit in gaming community. Some SC1 players switched to new version, some stayed with Brood wars.
Of course there are many topics about balance in game, most of the time they lead to "x is OP" or "learn to play noob", but developer is making necessary patches to keep it rather balanced.
There is also many tournaments with some hilarious comentators. You get a feeling like watching real sports even for example like football match. I started watching it with Husky. He is more like casual comentator and makes you laugh with his jokes, screams, WPM (words per minute) action and so on. There are others who analyze games more deeply giving you tips, strategy guides.

Fun info. Usually koreans are very polite and kind even if they lose. So few second after game is started they great oponent with:
gl, hf - good luck, have fun
gg, GG, ** - good game (when they lose and exit the game)
bm - bad manners when you GG offensively and try to force oponent to leave game
rage quit - when you quit without GG after taking heavy losses
bo7 - best of 7 games, usually in tournaments they play bo3, bo5 and bo7 in finals
Banned
Cathedral Drow

Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:29 am

aaaaa fuck this shit. just wrote an awesome and epicly long post about BW and SC2, just to have my computer crash right before I posted it... fucking ancient crappy computer at my parent's place.

time to go to sleep I guess...

Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inertia on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:37 am

Sad Sorry to hear that Quirinus. Believe it or not, my 1000$ custom built computer crashes from time to time and I have no idea why. 

Back when sc2 came out I bought the collector's edition thing and it had some really cool stuff. There was even a sc2 behind the scenes DVD that you can now watch on youtube. Here's my fav part. 

Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 53 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum