Bugged Akarat in latest Median XL: Ultimate patch?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bugged Akarat in latest Median XL: Ultimate patch?

Post by Jelle on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:02 pm

So I've played some Median XL (not ultimate) before and I've killed Akarat (the summon uber encounter at Kurast Causeway) over 20 times with no problems. Now I'm trying in Median XL: Ultimate and basically Akarat has a 100% chance to regen to full hp everytime she gets to around 15% - which makes it kind of impossible to complete...

note: I'm playing a barb using no killable summons

Jelle
Ice Clan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bugged Akarat in latest Median XL: Ultimate patch?

Post by Wotan on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Only reason : your damage suck. Improve your damage gather some more charms and revisit.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kambala on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:14 pm

and Akarat is male

kambala
Follower of Akarat

View user profile http://worldofplayers.ru/forums/769/

Back to top Go down

Post by BASED_GOD on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:21 pm

@Jelle wrote:So I've played some Median XL (not ultimate) before and I've killed Akarat (the summon uber encounter at Kurast Causeway) over 20 times with no problems. Now I'm trying in Median XL: Ultimate and basically Akarat has a 100% chance to regen to full hp everytime she gets to around 15% - which makes it kind of impossible to complete...

It's not a bug, it's just annoying. Try to stack up on cb and more damage and try to 1-3 hit him. It's impossible to take him down slowly.

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:23 pm

Would Open Wounds help? It causes negative health regeneration for 8-seconds (200 frames), only negatable by healing spells. Damage from OW past clvl 60 is = (45*clvl - 1319), so sayith the diablo wiki!

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by BASED_GOD on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:26 pm

@taem wrote:Would Open Wounds help? It causes negative health regeneration for 8-seconds (200 frames), only negatable by healing spells. Damage from OW past clvl 60 is = (45*clvl - 1319), so sayith the diablo wiki!
Yeah but isn't that like the point of it, it's a "spell"? Or is it just passive healing?

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelle on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:28 pm

@Wotan wrote:Only reason : your damage suck. Improve your damage gather some more charms and revisit.
Not really helping. Besides I *would kill* him within 5 sec of his shield being down.

@kambala wrote:and Akarat is male
Not really helping either.

@BASED_GOD wrote:
@Jelle wrote:So I've played some Median XL (not ultimate) before and I've killed Akarat (the summon uber encounter at Kurast Causeway) over 20 times with no problems. Now I'm trying in Median XL: Ultimate and basically Akarat has a 100% chance to regen to full hp everytime she gets to around 15% - which makes it kind of impossible to complete...

It's not a bug, it's just annoying. Try to stack up on cb and more damage and try to 1-3 hit him. It's impossible to take him down slowly.
If that's the case it should read so here:

http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/HTML_Doc_v2.5pre/summoningubers.html

Besides I have 50% cb, which should be more than enough.

@taem wrote:Would Open Wounds help? It causes negative health regeneration for 8-seconds (200 frames), only negatable by healing spells. Damage from OW past clvl 60 is = (45*clvl - 1319), so sayith the diablo wiki!
tbh I haven't tried with OW yet - but I don't think health regen can change during battle, so I'm assuming it's a spell

Jelle
Ice Clan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:52 pm

umm I think he had this even in normal MXL, but I guess almost every uber got buffed in ultimative, so he might be slightly stronger now

I'd suggest trying to kill him normally first, so you get the full experience without cheesing

otherwise, cheese/trophy farming:
for akarat farming, with a barb,craft tantrum bow + kraken helm, they're awesome
you can pretty much kill like 10+ akarats per minute
(make like 5+ tantrums in the "temple house" in the front corner, summon, run out and hide behind the wall, everything dies, run in, more tantrum, summon, run out, repeat ad infinitum)

Last edited by Quirinus on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:01 pm; edited 6 times in total

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:56 pm

OK, pretty easy one here. Some ubers are best suited to certain classes and/or builds.

For Akarat, an assassin with at least 1 pt in ww will do wonders.

He's not bugged at all, just tricky. I've fought him in MXL and MXLU, using an atmgsin with that 1 pt ww. Farmed him easily by taking advantage of the pillars in the area, summoning him directly next to a pillar while spamming ww on it.

Hope this helps a bit

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:59 pm

@Quirinus wrote:umm I think he had this even in normal MXL, but I guess almost every uber got buffed in ultimative, so he might be slightly stronger now
I agree... He got buffed in Ultimative, but he always had that regeneration spell... Now it's simply harder (trickier)...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum