Last edited by Metalistas on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:00 am; edited 7 times in total

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uber farming with bowazon

Post by Mortenkein on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Very newbie friendly guide. Good job Thumbs Up. You wrote it in time, because I just started a bowzon yesterday ha ha!

Mortenkein
Hivehost

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Very nice! here's a cookie

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:11 am

Interesting use of phalanx. I like the ideas you have, especially with killing king Koth.
Also, i'm not sure if this goes against your principles, but you could temporarily respec to wyrmshot/ghost arrow when fighting creature of flame, cathedral of vanity, akarat, tran athulua, and island of sunless sea.
wyrmshot is just so much easier on certain maps.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:49 am

Also, i'm not sure if this goes against your principles, but you could temporarily respec to wyrmshot/ghost arrow when fighting creature of flame, cathedral of vanity, akarat, tran athulua, and island of sunless sea.
wyrmshot is just so much easier on certain maps..
You mean like ghost arrow behind the wall to kill stuff ? Smile I do that sometimes, but it won't help with creature of flame, cathedral or even akarat since the range is short. And if you wana get in close range then barage is better. Wyrmshot is usefull in island of sunless sea to detect those invisible enemies or to reach the floating ones. But 1point is enough for that. Plus wyrmshot is kinda slow-ish compared to other skills.

Thanks for cookies Bouncing Mr. Green

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:04 pm

One note you may want to include about Phalanx. The speed of its deployment is based on FCR and not IAS. Many new players don't get this and end up writing off Phalanx as a "bad" skill.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:21 pm

I use phalanx exactly the same way in some of the above mentioned ubers.
Occasionally phalanx cannot reach the crystal ball in CoV. Also the easiest way to spot if Phalanx is hitting the ball is having arrow/throw knife on striking, cause sometimes it hits the Boss or the cleric.
For Duncraig's entrance I use GA to clear a bit then I go in and spam wyrm+barrage. Phalanx does a great job clearing the big rooms, but I find it faster and easier to just kill them by using wyrmshot and barrage.
But many charms can be obtained using Phalanx pretty easily.
Kudos for the guide.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:31 pm

For Duncraig's entrance I use GA to clear a bit then I go in and spam wyrm+barrage
Does it mean through the wall ? Cause i do that too. Ghost arrow up and to the left side before entering main hallways Embarassed.

One note you may want to include about Phalanx. The speed of its deployment is based on FCR and not IAS. Many new players don't get this and end up writing off Phalanx as a "bad" skill..
I had to use search to find what IAS and FCR mean Very Happy i will update my guide soon. And maybe some later. There is still many places/bosses i haven't even tried yet.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Cool,your first guide,take a cookie from the monster Thumbs Up 

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:28 am

@Metalistas wrote: 

wyrmshot is just so much easier on certain maps..
You mean like ghost arrow behind the wall to kill stuff ? :)I do that sometimes, but it won't help with creature of flame, cathedral or even akarat since the range is short. And if you wana get in close range then barage is better. Wyrmshot is usefull in island of sunless sea to detect those invisible enemies or to reach the floating ones. But 1point is enough for that. Plus wyrmshot is kinda slow-ish compared to other skills.
Oh i meant the combination of the skills for more targets and range of wyrmshot.
I'm pretty sure i did cathedral of vanity (1-2 tries if i recall correctly) by just running in circles, stutter stepping and firing wyrmshot in every direction. No need to aim wyrmshot that way.
And i lured creature of flame to that empty space his attack can't go through, and cheesed him with GA. Easiest uber next to akarat (summon, back off, wyrmshot, profit).

For azmodan though, i just re-speced to Spearzon, and then back to bowzon..

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum