glide3x.dll and Win32:Evo-gen Susp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

glide3x.dll and Win32:Evo-gen Susp

Post by Caminetto on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:46 pm

Hello community,

has anyone ever encountered problems with their glide3x.dll file? Namely in the fact the it contains a Win32:Evo-gen Susp malware? Yesterday I installed Median XL: Ultimative XI and D2SE and started playing until I went to sleep - although I restarted the game many times, it always ran without a problem. Today, when I try to start it with D2SE, my Avast goes crazy and puts the file containing Win32:Evo-gen Susp into a safe because of said infection. So I have three questions - anyone ever encountered this? Second - if so, how do I sort it out? And lastly, where can I get a new, clean glide3x.dll? Because I really don't want to go through the tedious process of reinstalling all the parts of the game. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Dolan Smile 

Caminetto
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: glide3x.dll and Win32:Evo-gen Susp

Post by Rexxar on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:15 pm

1 - Never

2 - Read 1

3 - Install D2SE again, but make sure to backup your save files, or mod folder you are using.

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by Caminetto on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:20 pm

Thanks for the reply,

however, even the file in the installer is apparently infected, Avast blocked it right away during the installation (D2SE ver. 2.2.0).

Caminetto
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:42 am

It's not infected from the installer off the official website for D2SE. Either your virus scanner is coo-coo, or your computer is already infected and the virus is sitting in ram and every time you load up glide, it reinfects it, in which case it's most likely a d2 specific virus. What have you been downloading?

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caminetto on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:30 am

Yea, these thoughts entered my mind as well (installer not possibly infected, antivirus going haywire spewing false alarms), however I don't think I managed to infect my PC in the few days since its reinstallation on Saturday. "What have you been downloading" is kind of a big question - to put it shortly, no junk - Median from here, patches from reliable sources, PlugY from its website. Same goes for general downloads, as I said, really hard to say. Anyhow, I scanned my computer a few times since then (which, I guess, includes RAM), but nothing came up, although the scan was only normal/quick/not thorough - a thorough one will follow now. Thanks for your input!

PS: There are seriously "D2 specific" viruses?

Caminetto
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caminetto on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:25 pm

So,

after taem's mention of the virus sitting in RAM, I obtained the CleanMem utility and even if it doesn't clean the RAM per se, it helped, the malware is not present anymore, I can play MXL:UXI without any problems - thank you for steering me into the right direction, taem!

This thread can therefore be locked and abandonded, if it's possible.

Caminetto
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Many viruses are notoriously difficult to get rid of because they linger in ram, and even when you quarantine the infected .exe or .dll, they will reinfect and virus scanners usually can't remove them from ram which means removal while in safe mode and possibly multiple restarts. Re: diablo specific viruses, yes, I promise you they exist. Just check blizzhackers website and read on old forums... you're bound to come across some real gems there.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum