SU/SSU drop rate question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SU/SSU drop rate question

Post by double91 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:08 am

pretty new to the mod, only have about 20 or so hours in and im starting to really get the hang of it. been playing only single player with friends over hamachi and i just have a few questions about gearing up. it really seems to me that some of the end game is equip unattainable. completing a set is pretty difficult since there are just SO many set pieces and it seems like the drop rates of SSU's is incredibly low. my questions are what exactly is the drop rate of SSU's and what tips are there for gearing out for super late game ubers.

playing ultimative btw.

double91
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SU/SSU drop rate question

Post by Myr on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:09 am

i couldnt tell you about drop rates, and not knowing what character(s) you are playing, i cant suggest anything too specific... but look into honorific gears, crafted gears, and crafted jewels. best way to go if you dont have SUs to play with. Read through some guides and see what stats/item bonuses people use for various builds. Fill all your sockets and use as many mystic orbs as you can. It really adds up.
for the ubers, start with the easy ones and dont move on until you get the charms.
i got super frustrated when i first started playing. just keep at it. you will find stuff.

Myr
Doom Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:04 am

Yeah crafting is a decent solution, so is using high end rws. With both you should be able to start farming.

Also, for easy farming in dest, bloodmoor does pretty well for drops, especially considering the low difficulty. Also k3k for it's set drop bias and dest Diablo for SU drops.

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by double91 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:01 am

thanks for the responses guys! i was just wondering in your experience how often does a SU come along that isnt the first tier. ive probably found close to 50 and never an SSU.

double91
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shenron276 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:12 am

There is 6 'tier' types (T1-T6) and seventh type is 'sacred'... SU, SSU, SSSU are all sacred item types... So, if item dropped have number 1-6 next to item name, that's tiered item, but if next to item stands description 'sacred' that's sacred type... On, Hatred you can't see sacred item types, at all, until you get to Terror and Destruction difficulty...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Marco's working to fix the droprate problem. Should be working properly for sigma.

The 3 tiers of Sacred Uniques also have seperate droprates, SUs being the most common and SSSUs being the rarest. Very, very rare.

Duncraig is the best place to farm Sacreds due to its sacred drop bias, but farming there usually requires fantastic gear.

Try Meph and Diablo in dest, especially Diablo. He has the potential to drop any sacred unique apart from the Skysiege bow i believe, and it's not that hard clearing chaos to get to him either.

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:51 pm

SSU's drop almost as often as SUs do. Some items I have the SSU version and not the SU.

Don't know about SSSUs though, I haven't played ultimative much.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum