Tips for new players.

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tips for new players.

Post by grimjerk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:55 pm

DirectionsBeing the sort of helpful lad that I am, I decided to start this thread so that people could post tips that would be genuinely useful to new players.

A quick example of a tip that is not useful for the new player.

"Duncraig has bitchin' drop rates in Destruction.!"

Feel free to contribute.

Required Reading: Absorb the following before playing too far into the game.

Iwansquall's excellent guide
taem's also excellent guide
The Sacred Docs No need to read these cover to cover but, for the sake of Quin's blood preasure, please read the FAQ and LFAQ before posting a question on the forum.
The Current Short Questions Thread Please read through this before posting a question of your own. Not only will you possibly find the answer to your question but you will also find the answers to questions you didn't know you had yet.

First a couple of things forum related.

Welcome!! This is a vibriant community with players from all over the world. A lot of great people here.

Forum tips.

1. If you are thinned skinned, get over it. There are a number of grizzled old vets who have no time for bosh or nonsense. If you do something like creating a new thread to ask a short question that has already been answered four times in the short questions thread--which is where your question should have gone in the first place--you will get flamed, belittled, stomped on and generally abused. Suck it up. It isn't personal and has happened to some extent or another to everyone here. Learn from you ettiquite blunder and move on.

2. The search function--while not perfect--is your friend.

Game tip.

1. Install D2SE and use plugy. I was once a die hard no-twink guy. Then I got over it. Plugy will save you countless hours and probably your sanity. If you have any questions about installing and using D2SE and plugy, read these Directions scroll down about four posts and follow the steps outlined by WolfieeifloW.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for new players.

Post by GregMXL on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Hey grimjerk this is nice and all but...what's the best character for this mod? I'm talking one that could tear through the whole mod with t6 gear and take out every heroic? Mr Green 

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Two handed sword amazon.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myth0s on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:02 pm

The horse knig.

Myth0s
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Nice. Thanks for the quick answer. You have no idea how close I was to starting up a topic for this.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Using normal attack ofc.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Actually with Demon Regallia and some wdm o skills The Sword Maiden might not be that crazy an idea.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:51 pm

@grimjerk wrote:
1. If you are thinned skinned, get over it. There are a number of grizzled old vets who have no time for bosh or nonsense. If you do something like creating a new thread to ask a short question that has already been answered four times in the short questions thread--which is where your question should have gone in the first place--you will get flamed, belittled, stomped on and generally abused. Suck it up. It isn't personal and has happened to some extent or another to everyone here. Learn from you ettiquite blunder and move on.
Pro tip. If a forum behaves this way, its a sign that the forum sucks. Get over it.
I have absolutely no respect for rudeness or trolling. Those who do so quickly get on my ignore list. Don't generalize the whole forum this way, there are plenty of nice and very helpful people here.
Newbies should be encouraged. It's the newbie forum after all.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:32 pm

@GregMXL wrote:Hey grimjerk this is nice and all but...what's the best character for this mod? I'm talking one that could tear through the whole mod with t6 gear and take out every heroic? Mr Green 
Natasha Cool

And don't tell me you don't know who Natasha is?

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Is she the wife of Rasputin the unholy paladin ?

4. Tip - the more you try the better chance for success you get. For instance, when i can't kill some boss or have hard time in some areas. I go to easy areas where i can kill fast and safe. And i run through them a couple of times, and then a coupe more. And some good items drop, maybe not directly good for your own char, but with pluggy you can use them on next char or trade if you play online.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum