What's up with assassins?

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's up with assassins?

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:13 am

Ok I'm getting a little tired of this character. I'm level 84, halfway through terror, and unable to proceed. I've tried the combat trees, naginata, claws, throwing tree, bombs, maxing perfect being passive. Nothing works. All that happens is that it dies, dies and dies more.

I'm playing MXL classic, single player with plugy and I'm really not a newbie to this game. I finished all the ubers except laz, have most of the trophies and all of the great runes. I've made three characters before and none of them had such problems in terror, not even the first one which was practically untwinked and with no knowledge. In fact with my last character - melee necromancer- I just held down the RMB with parasite and breezed through terror without noticing anything.

It's possible that it might improve a bit more at 90 ( class charm and uberskill ), and at 100 when I can twink on sacred items and sets ( I have 3 of the sets completed ). but at this point I'm really discouraged to continue. I've been waiting for this character to show some type of speciality or coolness, and it hasn't happened. So far, she only excels at dying, dying and dying. They might as well make her an uberskill called 'dying instantly'. It would fit the theme.

Someone explain me what the point of this character is. I'm convinced the makers of MXL are smart enough not to make a character that just sucks, so perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't see what it is.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's up with assassins?

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:51 am

Ah scratch that, it's not so bad.
I just realized I have to use a merc to tank- that solved most of the problems. I'm now level 90 and finished LC2. Using the skill storm crows and maxed ways.

Couple questions.

What does the skill vampiric icon do? It says that it leeches 200% of max life or something which is pretty absurd. Do we have to stand in the flames to get the leech, or inside the ring, or what?

How useful is beacon? The nuclear bomb doesn't seem to be able to hit anything basically ever.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:34 pm

http://www.medianxl.com/t669-v6d-the-kickstarter-sin-the-untwinked-journey

much to read, fast answer easiest walk through for sin is Atmg
get OHM Claws and high lvl like dragon egg rolled sin shield with atmg and later craft good one

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:36 pm

@Str0b3l wrote:http://www.medianxl.com/t669-v6d-the-kickstarter-sin-the-untwinked-journey

much to read, fast answer easiest walk through for sin is Atmg
get OHM Claws and high lvl like dragon egg rolled sin shield with atmg and later craft good one

Best thing about beacon is faster movespee, for atmg u should use gryphon

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:49 pm

I had real pain with assassin doing binding of baal. Had to restat to bomb tree and it took long enough to kill. After that restated back to two hand T6 naginata+MO of life leach, honorific gloves craft for max resistances, T5 ancient armor for -enemy resist, other pieces are T3-6 depending on str requirements (look for proc on melee atack, after kill). Maxed(for my lvl at the moment) the ways, shadow refuge, perfect being and over 10 points in blink for 2.4s timer. Gameplay - you run in/blink in to the group of mobs, atack some with shadow refuge, run back, blink into them again, atack, repeat. I specifically trying to do this without charms from my amazon. Might transfer tran athulua stone(lvl 50 challenge) since i skipped it. But so far this build is a fast killing machine.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:01 pm

I might try that ATMG thingy later. Right now I am lvl 91 already, and at 100 I can add on all the set items for whatever build, they're just waiting in my plugy shared stash. Got tons of SUs too, but I hope the set items will be good enough.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BASED_GOD on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:12 pm

http://www.medianxl.com/t3239-rob-s-assassin-and-guide
follow this and you will win everything ok

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Nah, I'm currently lvl 109 and currently pwning terror with the trackers strike set. I take back everything. Assassins are kewl.

I would still like to know how the vampiric icon skill works, though.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myr on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:50 pm

when a monster touches the flames it leeches life for you. it can be very handy.

Myr
Doom Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Just an fyi for when the merc doesn't do you any good anymore:

Assassins have the best defenses in the game bar none.

They are easily capable of max block, 70% avoid (with witchhunters set or other weapons), and can still get a moderate amount of defense. A sin with max block, 50%+ avoid and decent life leech should practically never die. The one thing about assassins is they have miserably low life and poor returns from vit. This necessitates certain ubercharms (like belial) for the character to really take off. This is why newbs get angry when their 4k life sin dies and someone comes in and laughs at them with their sin that has more than double that.

They also rely on a mild amount of finesse (dodging and blinking) and Dead Monsters Do No Damage as they can pack on a nice amount of kill speed with ways.

Broadside is very cool but I still dislike them with great intensity...

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum