Mercenary troubles.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mercenary troubles.

Post by Savtastic on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Hello, this would be my first time posting in the forum. I've been playing the mod a few times and never really gotten into it, only got to level 20 or so. This time I've played a lot more and managed to get a level 120 Amazon with "good"ish gear I guess, not the best nor really good.

But the mercenary tips I've seen doesn't seem to work very well for me. I saw that the Shapeshifter would be the best choice for a tanking mercenary, but he didn't last even for a second. But I've had the Bloodmage for the entire time as I've played the game now, because he could tank for me if I'd run and then hide behind him, doesn't work at all times though. But he's got an armour rating of 273,392 with his buff, when the Shapeshifter had less than 20,000 with the same gear.

So is there a way I could boost the armour rating for the Shapeshifter so I could actually use him as a tank and make my life a little bit easier, since I do have some problems while playing. I die a lot.

Thank you in advance if there's anything you can do to help.

Savtastic
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mercenary troubles.

Post by grimjerk on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:32 pm

I don't have any advice to solve your problem, I will say that of all the mercs, in my experience, the Shapeshifter has the most AI problems. They frequently just end up standing still doing nothing and only teleporting or tp-ing gets them going again.

What kind of Zon are you playing?

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savtastic on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:35 pm

I'm playing as Bowzon. Using barrage as my primary skill. I was hoping to perhaps get some mercenary to be able to actually tank for me and not tank if I attempt to hide behind them.

Savtastic
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Have you tried the Barbarian? He uses T-Slam quite frequently.

What bow are you using? If you are going with Ecstatic Frenzy (like you should) then a bow like Web Spinner is worthy even in endgame. Why? Max Barrage and Max Exstatic Frenzy gives you epic magic damage. Max Dragonlore takes care of magic immunes. The physical damage of your bow is just icing on the damage cake. That Miasma proc though will keep everything that isn't dead moving like old women.

Also, though I have said it till I am blue in the face, Reanimates are your friends. Load your Merc up with them too.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savtastic on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Okay, I will try this. I haven't been using that skill very much as it makes me quuuuite vulnerable to damage.
But I'll try it and see how it goes. And I think I might have that bow in my chest.

Savtastic
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:12 pm

I like exemplar mercs for some reason. I usually equip them with a T6 unique Trident or Spetum and mo them with miasma orbs. Rest of gear can be like Jitan Kamon,Death Spur,Deadfall, unique Heavy Gloves,Doom amulet, etc..

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:50 pm

The bearmerc is just an easy going with me in early game,mostly I change to either range in act1 or ironwolves in act 3,Ironwolves are the easiest to equip,cause they only need craft or honorific

It is not that melee merc are weak,I just hate those thorn auras Mad 

Use the bear merc till act 3,then use a bloodmage,he can help you go through the whole game till you are 120,then go find something else you like,when you are 120,you are most likely gonna farm,the 1st place you go should be k3k,so go get an exemplar,then go for a fun ride

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savtastic on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:12 pm

@wow123400 wrote:The bearmerc is just an easy going with me in early game,mostly I change to either range in act1 or ironwolves in act 3,Ironwolves are the easiest to equip,cause they only need craft or honorific

It is not that melee merc are weak,I just hate those thorn auras Mad 

Use the bear merc till act 3,then use a bloodmage,he can help you go through the whole game till you are 120,then go find something else you like,when you are 120,you are most likely gonna farm,the 1st place you go should be k3k,so go get an exemplar,then go for a fun ride
Ooh, thank you for the tip. But will the Exemplar be able to survive like the Bloodmage or Ironwolves. I do indeed want to farm since I haven't gotten any endgame gear yet, I think. Still quiet a newbie with this. Yay.

Savtastic
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:18 pm

The exemplar's real use,is when you blink onto a totem in k3k,it blows everything back for u with retaliate,but you need to move fast,go inside,go near the first totem and blink,otherwise there gonna be too many skeletons between you and the totems,so the brave one wins there

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savtastic on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:23 pm

@wow123400 wrote:The exemplar's real use,is when you blink onto a totem in k3k,it blows everything back for u with retaliate,but you need to move fast,go inside,go near the first totem and blink,otherwise there gonna be too many skeletons between you and the totems,so the brave one wins there
Ooooh, that's a problem then. I don't have any blink skill. Unless I'd respec and have a spear on change and use pounce.

Savtastic
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum