Unholy caster LF guidance

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unholy caster LF guidance

Post by Johnjohnz on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:36 pm

To start off with, I've been playing median XL on and off for quiet a while now, been playing for couple of weeks straight and then take a break, tho I've been playing on my unholy paladin for quiet some time now, and for the very first time I feel completly stuck.

Im playing unholy caster paladin using Cataclysm + Mindflay and been playing around a bit with lightning wall and apolcalypse, been seem to find cataclysm and mindflay a bit more fitting for me.

My stats, gear and talents is as shown below.

All my stats is straight up energy + some vitality for survival, and a bit of strengh for gear.

Weapon:

Shield:

Gloves:

Helm:

Chest:

Belt:

Boots: Could properly craft some better boots but in my experience with crafting, I've gotten really tired of it, sigh. Could maybe replace them with the imperius boots, but 50% of the stats is FCS etc and i get it from superbeast anyways I don't see it as a benefit.

Ring:

Neck

Charms:

I've currently been through most of the uberlevels etc. but been stuck now for a while on Chrysaor's Sewers + Belial, those seemed as the "easiest" choices for me right now. I've spend a lot of time trying to find some SU that was fitting for me, but the only real useful items I've gotten have been my gloves and that's about it, rest have just been some decent items for other classes etc. Tho I've optained some high runes from destruction Fauztinville and Troja, it takes a long time for me, but I can get it done. After weeks of farming I've collected the runes for my current gear.

As I was looking for some places to farm some SU for me, besides Fautzenvile and K3K BA. I stood upon Chrysaor's Sewers+Lord Aldric Jitan(for charm), and that's were I've been stuck. I simply don't got the damage to kill them, they keep healing. I've defeated Jitan a couple of times out of hundres of atempts and still no trinket some kinda paused that one. As goes for Chrysaor. I can get there with time(takes a lot of time for me to get to his dungeon. I haven't killed him yet due to him out healing my damage.
I tried using xarugas' Dominion for a while for some more utility but since my damage was one of the major problems I quickly switched it out again. I also have Sash of shadows in my bank, for utility but same reason i switched it out with my current one.

Gear wise for farming, I could properly keep farming Fautzenvile, K3K BA and a bit of Duncraig, but that is what caused me to put Median xl on break.

The reason im here is to ask for guidance to my character. Not rotation wise but in ways to optimizing my gear or neat tricks etc. I know I haven't used MO in my helm, first off for being new and second off before if I've done something completly wrong with my character and need to do new MO's in my gear. Playing on singleplayer if anyone was wondering for multires.

Thanks for reading if you've gotten so far. I hope all of this wasn't too confusing, sorry for my English if it caused some reading trouble Razz 

If you want more information, if I left something out from my character just post it, and I'll post it here.

Johnjohnz
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unholy caster LF guidance

Post by Beacon on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:58 pm

You could try the way to powerful but way to expensive 5 Beam Mindflay / Cataclysm paladin

trickiest part is getting all secret tokens for book of median for the 1 to max skill levels so u can get lvl 30 Slayer (for xtra beams)

With Cowboys Belt and Hide of the Basilisc SSSU CHained Mail you get -105 light res and 125 Lightning Spell Damage so those are must haves

Make the runeword on a double MO Scepter, focus on getting max Cataclism and Max Light Spell DMG

You definetly need -200 Light and Fire enemy resistance

Gloves are great

Dementia Beld with good -res or Craft something with Fire Shrines

Same as Boots

Black Dwarf Amulet, they are very common (or Quov Tsin Talisman if u find it)

Also Elemental Band ring is awesome

Beacon
Blood Stone

Innovative Builds Guy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:28 pm

The only things that will help you in those 2 ubers are killspeed and playstyle.

Belial has the burn curse and sewers have very high elemental pierce. This means if you get hit, you will take damage. In that sense survivability is useless.

Dodge and kill stuff before it can kill you. You're shield isn't very good at all for this build. Given your low -enemy res values I would switch it to the avatar rw.

Don't forget you can double MO your weapon.

a good rare amulet will likely be better than witchmoon. You can also craft a better armor rather easily.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnjohnz on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Will start optimizing some of my gear, will start on the shield and get the double MO for my weapon.

Johnjohnz
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnjohnz on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:21 pm

Just a question to my build please correct me if im doing something wrong, that's why im here:

SMax:
- Tainted blood
- Mindflay
- Superbeast
- Blessed Life

Few points into:
- Stormlord
- Rapture

Rest 1 pointers, getting sacred shield too, just 1 point.

Johnjohnz
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beacon on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:32 pm

SMax Midflay,
20 Stormlord so you get 4 beams on Mind Flay
SMax Superbeast and Blessed Life
1 point Divine Apparition
Tainted Blood Enough to get full regen in 30 seconds, no need to supermax that
10 Points in Rapture so u get 3 minutes
1 point everything else
Points remaining put into stormlord

Beacon
Blood Stone

Innovative Builds Guy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnjohnz on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:36 pm

@Beacon wrote:SMax Midflay,
20 Stormlord so you get 4 beams on Mind Flay
SMax Superbeast and Blessed Life
1 point Divine Apparition
Tainted Blood Enough to get full regen in 30 seconds, no need to supermax that
10 Points in Rapture so u get 3 minutes
1 point everything else
Points remaining put into stormlord
Aight thank you Smile

Johnjohnz
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beacon on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:38 pm

btw, I sent you a message Very Happy

Beacon
Blood Stone

Innovative Builds Guy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnjohnz on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Just updated my character. I increased the mindflay, from 2 to 4, due to me not putting points into slayer Embarassed
Got Avater runeword on my shield, only S kite shield for now (S Crown shield would be the best choice tho, right?).

Fixed my MO's:

Will get my -EFR better once I get some better gear, all MO' have gone to -EFR + -ELR.

Johnjohnz
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:51 pm

ix helmet + su war staff have always been my fav and ofc a crafted armor beats them all...

for boots go low lvl quiet crafted

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum