Shrine Crafting and iLvl?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shrine Crafting and iLvl?

Post by Vannish68 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:48 am

So I got my first shrine today, I've been reading the FAQ for quite awhile and I understand the sacred/unique bla bla bla but the iLvl of an item thing as got me in a bind, I picked up a sacred eagle orb and figured i'd give it a shot, but I'm a little hung up on understanding the iLvl. I know that the iLvl and the required level are two different things, But I've been trying to craft it for awhile now and I'm stuck and all the other post's don't seem to cover my problem. I haven't been able to bless or craft said item with a shrine, so I'm assuming its the iLvl. Some clarification and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Vannish68
Sasquatch

Posts : 8
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shrine Crafting and iLvl?

Post by Vannish68 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:09 am

Yeah I've read over that page a few times now but there's just something I'm not understanding I guess. I read somewhere to try the Zomghelp recipe to set it back to 1 and start from scratch would that work?

Vannish68
Sasquatch

Posts : 8
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shrine Crafting and iLvl?

Post by Metalistas on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:23 am

Why would you want ilvl =1 ?

Item level 1-30 : 40% chance of 1 affix and 20% chance each of 2, 3 or 4 affixes.
Item level 31-50 : 60% chance of 2 affixes and 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes.
Item level 51-70 : 80% chance of 3 affixes and 20% chance of 4 affixes.
Item level 71+ : 100% chance of 4 affixes.

Metalistas
Goliath

Posts : 2609
TGBest Transferred
Country : Lithuania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shrine Crafting and iLvl?

Post by FrostS on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:23 am

You can not craft or you dislike result?

FrostS
Corruptor Warlock

Posts : 179
Country : Russia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shrine Crafting and iLvl?

Post by x01001010 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:50 am

Shrine crafting/blessing requires a RARE sacred item, regardless of ilvl. It will not work with normal or magic.
ilvl is important when it comes to properties you want on said item.


OPEN ME:

@BassToMouth wrote: 5. ilvl/alvl and rares/crafting  


This section will attempt to explain the mechanic behind ilvl/alvl and what will spawn on your craft/rare. Thanks to Aahz for explaining this!

*First off ilvl - this corresponds to the area where you found the item. Using the quality upgrade recipe to up an item to rare quality results in the item lowering its ilvl to 85% of the original value. Hence its usually better to use either chaos reroll recipe until you get a rare item, or to use the quality upgrade cube recipe, then use a dragon egg to reroll it to ilvl 99.

*Next qlvl - This is the "quality level" that changes depending on the base item. The full list can be found in the MXL offline documentation under "Base Items." It's the "Itm Lvl" column we are interested in. E.g. Sacred bladed shield qlvl = 85, whereas Sacred Totem Shield qlvl = 82.

*Lastly alvl - This is the resulting lvl that corresponds to the ilvl and qlvl. Use this table found here: http://wiki.theamazonbasin.com/index.php/Affix_level_chart
Line up the numbers to find out what alvl your item has. E.g. Sacred Bladed Shield with ilvl 99 and qlvl 85 (this is fixed) would have an alvl = 99.

*Now that we have the alvl of an item, we can use Grig's item props list found here: http://grig.vlexofree.com/itemprops-3d.html
to figure out what can spawn on our item if we crafted it or rolled it rare. E.g. if we look at the Life after Kill suffix +(73 to 80), we can see the minimum ilvl (this is alvl really) is 73. This means anything with an alvl of lower than 73 cannot spawn with this particular intensity of LaK.

*Ways to get ilvl 99 items:
-Find it from Act 4 Terror Chaos Sanctuary and onwards. Terror Act 4 River of Flame can drop ilvl 98 (this is probably the easiest way to get ilvl 99 sacred items).
-Use the dragon egg re-rolls on a rare item to up it's ilvl to 99.
-If you're not dealing with sacred items, the unique quality upgrade recipe (2 Arcane crystal + oil of enhancement) will also take it up to ilvl 99.

Remember to avoid using the rare upgrade quality recipe (oil of enhancement + rune on magical item) unless you're purposely dropping its ilvl to lower alvl and have some form of control over what mods will show up.

x01001010
Corruptor Warlock

Posts : 170
Country : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shrine Crafting and iLvl?

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:37 pm

The reason people say to use zomg help recipe on certain crafts is to reduce the ilvl to 1.

When you do this is it is possible to get items that have a required level around 20. Since the bonus from the shrine has nothing to do with ilvl you can basically make an honorific with a shrine bonus. This means you can shove a whole ton of mystic orbs (or a few unique mystic orbs) on to an item which is often more useful than the rare affixes you are giving up.

You can make a zomg help item to a rare with an oil of enhancement+ a rune in the cube.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!
Posts : 1154
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shrine Crafting and iLvl?

Post by Vannish68 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:59 pm

Oh gotcha! Thanks a lot guys I finally got although now I realize I wasted my time I need to get some sacred unique's for this to be worth the trouble xD

Vannish68
Sasquatch

Posts : 8
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum