Need some help getting new gear.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Need some help getting new gear.

Post by hellgrind on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:41 am

1. Make sure u have all t6 gear (uniq items) + honofiric gloves for max res. Mo all armor parts with ed,tcd,fhr. Mo weapon with ed,life on kill or life leach. If you're using rw in weapon just get the double mo bonus on it before making rw itself.
As for the pantheon set. All sacred uniq (su,ssu,sssu) and and set items drop only on dest diff (or in late act4 and act5, also in terr cow uberlvl) so u have to get to dest first. Yes, fautz is pain in the ass if u don't have right skillspeed/survi, so try to get best gear as possible before doing this.
2. Yes, barbarian is good choice for merc because of his tankines and motw buff. As for wyrmshot, try something like this: Skillplan wyrmshot (Amazon, 2012 v005)
Note that i don't spend all points. This is because if u like more offencive play u'll max estatic frenzy and 1 pt into curare. If u want to play more def u'll put points into balance and rest pont into sov.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by GregMXL on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:42 am

Correct. SU-SSSU can be found in all areas of Destruction either by mobs or opening chests etc.... You can craft Sacred Uniques, Sacred rares and Set items.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:39 am

It'll be a little rough for you until you go into destruction and get some SUs or set items. As well as some basic charms like Butcher's tooth, Horazon's focus, Sunstone of the gods..
Btw, get 500 signets of learning. They help more than you think.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostS on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:15 am

Forget about Pantheon set... You can be lucky and get it fast in destrustion, but more likely that u will finish destruction, complete several ubers, get some ssu and sssu, but u will still missing that set.
As for merc, by friend was using merc with bearform from 3rd act. For Baal all u need is to kill Shard Spawns fast, if u have enouph damage to not be spawned by them - u r ok, keep running and attack.

FrostS
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Traprat on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Well my advice Smile - get a sacred rare(yellow) bow and craft one decent bow. What u need to do is: Get a reflex bow ( sacred and rare) and put it in the cube with a weird shrine. Try to get 300+ enhanced dmg and a decent +max dmg roll. If u have a decent bow, add one arcane crystal into ur cube. its called blessing and may add another bit enhanced dmg or max dmg or even both.

if u dont have a rare reflex bow but a sacred reflex bow (magic or normal) - try to make a decent runeword. i checked the docs and recommend this one:

Curse
Level 100
0-5 Jewels
+Nih

Bows

15% Chance to cast level 18 Pain Spirit on Striking
25% Chance to cast level 21 Banish when you Kill an Enemy
+(251 to 300)% Enhanced damage
25% Bonus to Buff/Debuff/Cold Skill Duration
+(3 per level) to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
25% Bonus to Strength
Total Character Defense Plus (21 to 25)%

So how to prepare a perfect runeword weapon? At first u take a look at the cube recipes and use the bow+catalyst of dest. + rune just take any rune u like like eth or el or so.
DONT FORGET THE RUNE !!!
Now u have a shitty white bow and you cube it with 1 oil of enh and get a normal white bow.
take another oil of enh and get a superior white bow. try to get one with 50% + ed and NO sockets (very important). u can reroll that bow with oil of renewal as often as you like to get that mentioned bow.

next step: if u have a decent superior white bow ( you can skip this part cause it will take some time) buy 1 "i have too much money shaad bla bla bla orb" and cube it with the bow one time. if u are lucky u get "double orb bonus" modifier. if you dont get it, just reroll the bow with oil of renewal again till u have another decent superior bow and cube it one more time with that shaad orb. repeat this till u have a bow with like 50+ ed and double mo bonus.

now u add one oil of luck and cube ur bow with it to get another 30-60 ed extra Smile

the result should be : a white superior bow with double magic orb bonus and like 100+ enhanced dmg.

Since u are lvl 109 just add 3!! +15% enhanced damage orbs to that bow. your reflex bow should have + 8 level requirements now.

time to get the jewels Smile - just buy from that guy in act 1 some yellow jewels via gamble.
use oil of renewal to get some with increased attack speed( might take some time too)

now u put those 5 jools into the bow and add then the nih rune. if u dont have a nih but have an on rune, just cube the on rune to get a nih.

Well now you should have a bow which will carry you through dest.

If u have questions, send me a pm or write in this thread.

Traprat
Alpha Centaur

Negative Cookie Man
TGGood 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Wow, so basically you are saying that he cant simply turn a normal/magic bow into rare?
Crafting a reflex bow is the best thing before you get your hands either on Dear esther or horned hunter bow.
Your main problem was that you used phalanx and barrage as main skills. While you should have used wyrmshot and barrage. Forget about phalanx and put 15 pts into defensive harmony instead.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:26 pm

@GregMXL wrote:Correct. SU-SSSU can be found in all areas of Destruction either by mobs or opening chests etc.... You can craft Sacred Uniques, Sacred rares and Set items.
I may be wrong but i'm fairly sure that you can only get a tiered unique by opening a chest.

Well, I got a tu only a single time in my mxl career that dropped from a chest.

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:29 pm

@ProGTO wrote:I'm on my way to try to beat Median XL for the first time and right now I'm kinda stuck with my Bow Amazon. I'm level 109 on Terror Act 5(Have not kill Baal yet) and I'm getting killed too easily. I realized that my gear is still at around level 60-70 and can upgrade a lot. Right now I have max resist, all unique equipment with honorific glove, 10k damage Phalanx and Barrage with all buffs, and all challenges completed that I can do as of right now except Black Road because my gear is not good enough to take on Fauztinville. I'm having problems choosing what upgrades to make.

I'm reading the Bow Amazon guide and it says to get the Pantheon Set on mid game. I've been looking over and over the forums for ways to obtain sacred uniques but keep getting confused. So my first question is what are the ways to obtain a scared unique and how to upgrade it because I've seen people say like SSU and SSSU and I'm like "WTF?"...

My other questions are just if I can't get the Pantheon Set, what upgrades should I get on my gear then? Like I said all my gear is level 60-70 including my character orb so I can stuff about 10+ MO on each. Also is a barb a good mercenary for the Bow Amazon or is there a more preferred one? Last question regarding Bow Amazon play style....The guide I'm reading is telling me to use wyrmshot and such but the way I'm playing it seems pretty easy and good and it just using Phalanx,Barrage with both maxed out(I didn't even put any points to wyrmshot or ghost arrow), and SoV. I want to know if that play style is good or is there another way that is more efficient and good? I tried wyrmshot and suck at it, don't know why....
Get TU Chain Mail (Albrecht's Revenge) (Very cheap and extremely powerful armor, even end game). Or you can Use Dragonheart (Kra in armor), or Jitan's Kamon (TU Splint Mail)
Farm arcane crystals and try to roll Hanabigami.
Make Siegfried (zon helm) (Jah runeword)
Get honorific boots and switch to featherclaw/toorc's gift (TU chain gloves or TU heavy gloves)
Get a barb merc and equip him with Urada (Rha runeword in swords), or anything really.
For weapons, there's a nauseating number of viable end game choices.
TU Stag bow and Reflex bow are both strong, as are TU Short and Long war bows (Webspinner and The Black Dame)
You can make a RW bow such as Curse (suggested above), or Icebreaker (Sur), or Eris (Ix).

Phalanx is a very strong skill (especially in certain situations), however it does not warrant any more than 15 points (to lower skill timer to 0)
Barrage is powerful as well, but never more than 1 point. Your skill points are better invested into Dragonlore and Ecstatic Frenzy. Obviously, using EF makes defense become irrelevant, and then your movement, reanimates and kill speed are the most critical aspect of your build. Wyrmshot (with max ghost arrow for synergy) is incredibly powerful and lets you kill monsters off screen. If someone gets too close, then you barrage them in the face.
Paragon or SoV are both strong. Use whichever you prefer (if you're packing lots of runewords, then the lack of gems may incite you to use SoV instead).
Do Fauzstinville after completing terror baal. No sense in trying that place at your level.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum