An idea for charms

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An idea for charms

Post by jetaman on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi everybody,
What do you think of this: a charm bonus " + to any oskill" from the list in documentation. This bonus could appear on the charm which is the hardest to get. But the reward .... Sometimes useless skills might appear, like Wyrd, or Summon Daystar, but if you kill that boss a lot of times you could find skills that can boost your character to a much greater scale e.g. spiral dance, deathstrike, ohman, guard tower etc. And the probability to get that one skill that you want is like 1/200 (0,5%) because there are apprx 200 oskills. In this way we can see that character can be something like blended profession for example - half bowzon, half summoner.
Anyway these are just some thoughts. Let me know what you think, and especially a question for MArco: is this feasible?

jetaman
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An idea for charms

Post by Beacon on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:09 pm

1. Wyrd is totally NOT useless
2.Deathstrike is useless(as a skill + can only be cast with a xbow + requires mana to be somehow effective and why would you stack mana when using a xbow?). So is Guard Tower.

Beacon
Blood Stone

Innovative Builds Guy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Very Happy not possible

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:22 pm

cotws have oskills,so there's that
anyway I want this back(nerfed to match ultimative) Twisted Evil 

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostS on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:47 am

Than u need to change oskills... I guess there is a reason why some oskills are not avaiblr to some classes.

Also a lot of crafted items will become useless

FrostS
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:13 am

cotw is over end game fun,it is not for everyone,just for those full time median players,you have to farm hard to get them,and with those you can make some rare builds that no one else can make,I think it is pretty fair

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:55 am

I really wish for upgrade-able charms that give oskill, which is too imba, can be class-specific.

But the goals is:
1. You can just pick a new one "to reset" it since you cant remove affix AFAIK without changing to new item (which killed the carry1 affix)
2. Plugy allowed you to save couple of combo into your stash though.
3. Charms can be upgrade couple of times (think like character orb, but with oskill instead). Skill level cap depend on balanced.
4. Material used to upgrade the charm can be balanced / changed depend on class / ubercharms.

Example:
2hand amazon + Massarce + Stormblast

This doesnt require changing in affix pool at all, rather some cube lines / monster drops.
My idea wasnt to give char with imba skill, but rather giving an oskill build without playing around with RNG much.
This is similar to old melee oskill helm for druid, but doesnt bound you to use low-level gear until the end.
*This clearly what happen in PoE and skill gems, except you cant remove oskill affix in median.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:13 am

@Beacon wrote:1. Wyrd is totally NOT useless
2.Deathstrike is useless(as a skill + can only be cast with a xbow + requires mana to be somehow effective and why would you stack mana when using a xbow?). So is Guard Tower.
why discuss something that wasn't the point of the thread at all Scratch 

@RollsRoyce wrote:Very Happy not possible
it's fairly possible, you just need to make a new oskill-rand stat on prop.txt

as for the idea.. despite being easy to make it's quite poor... cotws are totally not original, also its something so random = sloppy feature imo. Also... hardest? Yeah, implying people won't find a way to chea-- sorry, "cheese" it.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jetaman on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks. I've actually never paid attention to cotw. Now I realise it's quite important.
Think of this Well for example think of Sorc summoner. She can have ice elementals, acid fiends from crafted armor, void archon and veil king from SU Orb and Champions of the sun as an oskill - which by the way gives Damage Reduction! Epic isn't it?

jetaman
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Lol funny op in so many ways.

Im surprised Marco reacted as tamely as he did. XD

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none